Have you heard of these qualifications?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judge Dredd

Reaction score
Have you heard of the following training bodies and have you had any experiance of them.

Vocational Training Charitable Trust

The British Association of Beauty Therapy & Cosmetology Ltd. (BABTAC)

Have you heard of the following training bodies and have you had any experiance of them.

Vocational Training Charitable Trust

The British Association of Beauty Therapy & Cosmetology Ltd. (BABTAC)

Yes they are very well known awarding bodies of qualifications - why do you ask?

They have been presented to me as qualifications and I want to know if they have any worth.

Surely before embarking on a course ,you would have had some idea of why you were doing it , and what qualification you were studying for?

I have qualifications also in these governing bodies, what do you need to know?
If depends on what you need them for before we can comment on what they are worth.
Hope this helps a little.
x

They have been presented to me as qualifications and I want to know if they have any worth.

VTCT are one of the largest awarding bodies for the UK hair, beauty and holistics industry and BABTAC are one of the top trade associations for therapists. CIBTAC are the education/awarding arm of BABTAC.

www.vtct.org.uk
www.babtac.com

As Theresa said, they're well known within the industry and have been around for many years. HTHs. :)

Andy

Judge Dredd is an environmental officer hun not a nail technician.

Thanks axiom.
I wanted to put up a link for Judge Dredd, but didnt know how to.:smack:

Sorry I thought you were a technician Judge Dredd. I should have looked first.

xx

Judge Dredd is an environmental officer hun not a nail technician.

Thats why I wondered why Judge Dredd needed particular info on these as it seemed a strange question to ask without more details.

We have no details at work that tells us if qualifications presented to us are from recognised bodies and if they are who recognises them.
I have looked on the HABIA site but no joy (although maybe I did not look hard enough).
The VTCT certs by a company called Fingertips
BABTAC certs by a company called The Acamady school of execellence.

But from what you have said these are good certs to have.

I worry about training that takes a day at some school in Oxford Street that costs a lot but does very little training.

Can I thank you all for your very quick answers.

Have you contacted these awarding bodies themselves to ask about details of these training centres?

My college certs were through the VTCT and they made regular visits to the college so I would imagine they would have the info you need.

U are welcome Judge Dredd, and congratulations and well done on getting your new qualifications.
:hug:

Have you contacted these governing bodies themselves to ask about details of these training centres?

My college certs were through the VTCT and they made regular visits to the college so I would imagine they would have the info you need.

My thoughts exactly. Some training centres say their qualifications are accredited by a certain awarding body, when in reality the awarding body has never heard of them so the 'qualification' is actually worthless.

Judge et al

Can I clarify a little on BABTAC?

Yes, we're 30 years old and the largest, oldest, single-body not-for-profit trade association for beauty and complementary therapists. We offer a huge range of business support benefits, two of which are insurance and training - and the two are relevant to this discussion, and linked.

In terms of training there are two implications; we offer courses ourselves at our Gloucester training centre and on our 2008 series 'BEST Roadshows' (see BABTAC - The Official Site of the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology), and we also 'accredit' courses run by others - like Academy.

Our accredited courses are largely post-grad, but they WILL enable a therapist to comply with OUR requirements for insurance. Not being nationally recognised qualifications, they might NOT fulfill the requirements of (say) Westminster or any other Local Authority who, in the absence of national legislation frameworks, may impose local by-laws.

However; the other half of our business is CIBTAC (see CIBTAC) a major examinng body who create internationally recognised qualifications which are recognised by 21 countries worldwide (including the UK), and many of our BABTAC trainers and the examiners who accredit the BABTAC courses like Academy's are CIBTAC and work to CIBTAC-type criteria - so the standards are very high!

I hope this helps, but if anyone needs any more information they can drop me a line and I'd be delighted to help.

Regards

PHILIP SWINFORD
Marketing Services Manager
BABTAC

We have no details at work that tells us if qualifications presented to us are from recognised bodies and if they are who recognises them.
I have looked on the HABIA site but no joy (although maybe I did not look hard enough).
The VTCT certs by a company called Fingertips
BABTAC certs by a company called The Acamady school of execellence.

But from what you have said these are good certs to have.

I worry about training that takes a day at some school in Oxford Street that costs a lot but does very little training.

Hi Judge Dread

Can I recommend that, if you can't find this sort of information on the Habia website you phone and ask them. I think relying on an accurate answer from members of a forum a bit 'iffy'. (Especially as an answer calls them a 'governing body')

Fortunately a BABTAC Manager answered to clarify one bit. VTCT are now partners of Habia but, like BABTAC/CIBTAC, there are many different qualifications and some of them may be inappropriate for specific requirements.

You have got some of the answers but there is still loads of clarification needed. Thats what Habia, as the Industry Authority, is there for.

Latest posts

Back