Have you heard the exciting news??????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Fox

Reaction score
In case you have not read the latest issue of Scratch magazine (Sept) I thought I had better let you know the exciting news!!!!!!!

The Nailympics is coming to London!

Yes - believe it!

The Nails, Tanning & Beauty @ Olympia exhibition on 20-21 March 2005 will host this prestigious global nail competition.

And it's open to all! Yes that's students and nail professionals alike.

Here's a few little details!

Make sure you get October Scratch for further details! And then make it a date!

Competition categories

• L&P - Sculpture
• L&P- Tip Overlay
• Gels - Tip Overlay
• Fibreglass/wraps
• Fantasy Nail Art
• Mixed Media Nail Art - boxed display - Show & Tell
• Airbrushing - boxed display - Show & Tell

Division 1
Students & professional nail technicians that have never participated in any type of nail competition anywhere in the world.
Division 2
Students & professional nail technicians that have participated in a nail competition anywhere in the world, but never placed or won.
Division 3
Students & professional nail technicians that have placed or won a competition anywhere in the world or are ranked by the USA's NAILS Magazine as a top competitor.

Check out the websites soon for more details

www.olympiabeauty.co.uk
www.scratchmagazine.co.uk

see you all there!

Alex Fox
editor
Scratch mag
:D :!: :up: :biggrin: ;)

Thats great news, something fab to look forward too as well, i went to my first show on Sunday and saw the Competition which was very inspirational its great x

Hi Alex

Am i right in saying then that there is a Nail (and Beauty ??) exhibition 27th Feb - 1st March at Excel next year (announced at excel comp) and then the Olympia exhibition in March too ??

I thought these two exhibitions were going to merge into one at Excel ??

If both going ahead I would prefer Olympia based on experiences this year of Olympia and Excel (though Excel much better for parking for me!)

If they are both going ahead are there any differences between the shows aparty from Nailolympics, which one maybe better to attend ????

Just wondered if you knew anything ?

thanks

kx

I would love to do the "show and tell" boxes!! How cool. I've seen the display type nail art on the Japanese nailart site and always wanted to partake in this.

How much do you think a plane ticket would be to London from Colorado, USA??? LOL
Keri

Karren said:
Hi Alex

Am i right in saying then that there is a Nail (and Beauty ??) exhibition 27th Feb - 1st March at Excel next year (announced at excel comp) and then the Olympia exhibition in March too ??

I thought these two exhibitions were going to merge into one at Excel ??

If both going ahead I would prefer Olympia based on experiences this year of Olympia and Excel (though Excel much better for parking for me!)

If they are both going ahead are there any differences between the shows aparty from Nailolympics, which one maybe better to attend ????

Just wondered if you knew anything ?

thanks

kx

Dear Karen

Yes it is true there are two beauty trade exhibitons being held early next year.

Feb by Trades Exhibitions

and 20-21 MArch 2005 by Quadex.

Scratch is closley associated wiht Quadex and is therefore hosting and sponsoring the Nailympics nail competition at this event.

Both exhibitions will house many beauty, nails and tanning companies displaying their products and services- but NAils, beauty, tanning @Olympia is the only one hosting the Nailympics!

I hopet his helps
regards Alexxxxxxxxxx Fox
:cool:

Keri2000 said:
I would love to do the "show and tell" boxes!! How cool. I've seen the display type nail art on the Japanese nailart site and always wanted to partake in this.

How much do you think a plane ticket would be to London from Colorado, USA??? LOL
Keri

Dear Keri

Although I'm not certain- I believe you may be looking at around $700.

But you never know the deals you can get so I recommend shopping aroubnd as I did for Vegas. I flew via San Francisco to Vegas for a deal- although I will say it was a very long and tiring journey and when you're competing you want jet lag at a minimum.

I hope you make it

If not send your entry to my office beforehand (as it is boxed show and tell) with the relevant details and registration etc - and I'll put it in for you!

regards Alex Fox

:green:

Alex Fox said:
Feb by Trades Exhibitions

and 20-21 MArch 2005 by Quadex.
regards Alexxxxxxxxxx Fox
:cool:

Alex,

the Trades Ex one is the old PB Olympia is that correct and is now moving to Excel.

The Quadex one is the new Olympia Beauty one being sponsored by Scratch is that correct?

What about Beauty Midland which was held in Feb this year at the NEC - previously Stoneleigh and previous to that at Donnington.

All of these shows - a girl can get confused LOL.

I know what ya mean Fiona

Beauty Midland is associated with The Guild of Beauty Professionals - it has always been this way.

yes Excel is Pro Beauty - the original Olympia organiser.

Quadex is the new organiser on the block! And Scratch is his right hand man!!!!

I hope this helps

Alexxxxxxxxxx :green:

Alex hun,
Im really going to show myself up here but ... what is the 'Show & Tell'?
Thanx.

Glorsclaws said:
Alex hun,
Im really going to show myself up here but ... what is the 'Show & Tell'?
Thanx.

Hiya

No worries at all it's a new idea for UK competitions - as we often ask nail art to be done in a set time frame

It is a nail art story in a display box.

So the story is either in the nail art design or the props that the nails sit inside.
I saw an incredible display for the Nailympics in Las VEgas. The imagination used was unbleiveable. It's incredible the scenes that can be depicted inside a glass dispaly box housing a series of designed nail tips.

This really is an opportunity to get your creative juices flowing- no barriers- just go for it and create an extravagant, or simple, or subtle, or flamboyant or serene scene - it's up to you.

There is no end to the fantasies you can enjoy and exploit through a nail art Show & Tell experience!

(I hope I managed to sell the idea to you!)

regards
Alexxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't worry Glo, i also didn't know what a show and tell was. I think its a good idea though, as from what i can gather you can do your design in as much time as you need, so no pressure, just bags of imagination, is that right Alex?

talented talons said:
Don't worry Glo, i also didn't know what a show and tell was. I think its a good idea though, as from what i can gather you can do your design in as much time as you need, so no pressure, just bags of imagination, is that right Alex?

Absolutley right!

Let's face it - you can start sorting out now!

As long as we get it by the morning of the 20 March for the judging process- then it's sorted.

There is no stilpulatrion on how many you enter either- it's just for every entry there will ber a cost attached.

I think Show & tell is an excellent way for techs to show what they are really made of. You have time to conceive your creation and then bags of time to create it too.

The of course there;s the trechs adn artists that would never compete because it's not in theri nature- well here ya go! A competition where you aren't exposed - you can sit at home and carefully bring it together.

I hope to see a multitude of entries into this section- in Vegas there were heaps! I hope London attracts similar interest in this section.

regards

Alexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:biggrin:

Oops

Can't believe the spelling errors in that piece

Apologies - And I haven't even opened the wine yet!

Alex Fox :cry:

Oh Alex another Cometition for me to enter................ Fabric# at the Nailympics.......... Fab babe..................xxxx I will be there xxxxxx

Have just confirmed the cost of entering the Nailympics in London

20-21 March 2005 at the Nails, Beauty & Tanning @Olympia exhibition

Division 1 - £20 (never competed)

Division 2 - £50 (completed never placed)

Division 3 - £70 (competed and placed or won)

Scratch October issue will offer much more information

Make sure you get a copy! ;) :biggrin: :D :!: :up:

thanks Alex Fox

Sounds like it is gonna be very swish and glam ...........
More Vegas style rather then Tescos.........
Sorry just my sense of humour lol xxxxxx no offence ment

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Sounds like it is gonna be very swish and glam ...........
More Vegas style rather then Tescos.........
Sorry just my sense of humour lol xxxxxx no offence ment
Snort!!! that's quite amusing although naughty Ruth - slap pandies!!!

IMHO, competitons are a time of learning for all and celebrations for all! We need to thank PB for having them and enabling teks to compete but I do feel now is the time to make a competiton fun, successful and totally fabulous!! This is the time to make the COMPETITOR feel special and the WINNERS feel special! Let's have something with an edge - something that people WANT to be a part of - kinda like the Alternative Nail Awards and that is something that could be broght back in 05!! At £20 / £50 & £70 to enter - THIS IS PARAMOUNT!! Go Nailympics!:)

I will be entering, not sure what with ether Fabric , L&P or BRisa, I will see nearer the time which are looking the most sleek...or shall I say competition like. Hell I aint got nothing to loose but my pride, self esteem no only joking, it will teach me lots I am sure...

I did promise myself this was a goal for 2005 so what good opportunity...

Thanks for all the info Alex...keep it coming

Alex Fox said:
Hiya

No worries at all it's a new idea for UK competitions - as we often ask nail art to be done in a set time frame

It is a nail art story in a display box.

So the story is either in the nail art design or the props that the nails sit inside.
I saw an incredible display for the Nailympics in Las VEgas. The imagination used was unbleiveable. It's incredible the scenes that can be depicted inside a glass dispaly box housing a series of designed nail tips.

This really is an opportunity to get your creative juices flowing- no barriers- just go for it and create an extravagant, or simple, or subtle, or flamboyant or serene scene - it's up to you.

There is no end to the fantasies you can enjoy and exploit through a nail art Show & Tell experience!

(I hope I managed to sell the idea to you!)

regards
Alexxxxxxxxxxxx

this show and tell thingy sounds interesting, but i'm still a bit unsure f exactly whats involved. do you know of any sites where we can see examples please ? :confused:

I will have a think and do a call out for Show & Tell examples

Maybe someone will have an example I can publish

Leave it with me!

Thanks for the inspiring and excited comments regarding the Nailympics coming to London!

I am so pleased it is getting many of you excited!

Believe me - it will be worth it - there are plans to make this funky, groovy, serious, special and an event to value! Competitors will feel special, judges will be revered!

I simply cannot wait for March- Rock on nails!

Alex :green: :) :biggrin: :cool: :up: :p :lol:

Latest posts

Back