have you seen this!! omg. dodgy stuff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had no idea it was really a way of doing them :-( sorry

when i first came across that i thought, what a cheap way of doing them! y cant they just go to nail techs,

i say dodgy because it seemed like a dodgy and unsafe way of people doing their own nails, but if us techs use this technique then fine! lol i didnt know lol. i may try this myself now i knw its not just a cheap way of customers doing it themselves

x

This method is sometimes confused with reverse application which is most definatley a completley different technique.

has anyone used inverted or not?

has anyone used inverted or not?

It's only just getting up and running from what I've heard but would love to know how it's going.

I have seen this before and honestly i cant wait to try it

I'm not sure what I think of that. Surely infills and rebalances would be quite difficult and although it looks quite easy on the video I would imagine it could be quite fiddly. Could the acrylic seep out the sides on to the skin and also run inside the free edge? There is also the matter of professional products being used by the general public. I think I will do a little research, everyone is right though it should'nt be confused with the reverse application.

My CND trainer was talking about these the other day...

i didn't understand what they were! Apparently you can do a full set in 30 mins.

x

I just cannot get my head around the infill/rebalancing part, cause you would have to get threw the nail tip to get to the product, and when she pressed the tip onto the nail plate, surely the acrylic would then spill out and be touching the skin??? and there would be no control of the acrylic:irked: I cannot see how it would work after the initial product placement, and I question the acrylic having a good contact point??

I agree it looks dodgy, but i will keep an open mind and do some more research before totally being negative, there may be answers to the infill issue and acrylic seeping out to the surrounding skin.
????????

you rebalance as you would at any other time, this is just a way of doing complete nails.

i wont be trying this one.

and i dont understand how the acrylic can not seep out of the sides and go on the clients skin!

i still cant understand how its possible to infill/rebalance them when the acrylic is under a plastic full nail tip right up to the eponychium??? Is it just me being thick(I no im out of touch with nails as not practised for nearly 2 yrs due to my allergy :cry:) but, you would have to drill threw the plastic to get to the acrylic, then at the infill, there would be a prominent line(the acrylic and nail tip on top) if you added acrylic over that it would not look right???

And still I think the acrylic would seep out when pressed onto the skin:irked:

BUt I will keep an open mind as not had training in this so maybe its all very straight forward, then again maybe its a pile of !!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:hug:

i still cant understand how its possible to infill/rebalance them when the acrylic is under a plastic full nail tip right up to the eponychium??? Is it just me being thick(I no im out of touch with nails as not practised for nearly 2 yrs due to my allergy :cry:) but, you would have to drill threw the plastic to get to the acrylic, then at the infill, there would be a prominent line(the acrylic and nail tip on top) if you added acrylic over that it would not look right???

On the website im sure it says that the plastic tip is as thin as a human hair so i would imagine filing through it to rebalance wouldnt be a problem.

Hi

well that would make sense if it was a very thin layer but looking at the video clip the nail tip/form looked thicker than a human hair? but if it is then it would be easy to infill etc, but still the pressing down of the nail form onto the nail plate to get it to adhere does not look good, cant control how the product seeps out? But I will keep an open mind for sure.

Yes I remember the previous thread on this..

I actually don't think that it is a very professional training site anyway considering they can't even spell correctly..

After the demo it says ' the site will EXPLIAN more'!

The finished nails do actually look fab though!!

It is an interesting new process to try though isn't it!!

i personally love this idea i will be doing more research and will be trying it its things like this that keep me ticking as a nail technitian and things like this that are the future.

I wonder how the underside of the nail/free edge looks like and feels like though :/

i was under the impression that you put product into the mould press onto nail and then the mould comes off????
then buff as usual.
or am i way off here?

Latest posts

Back