Have you trained with Advanced Beauty Group?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
I see there has been another thread on this but I don't feel I got the answers but I was looking for and I'm sure more than two people have trained with this company.
So I'm looking for people who have trained for this company to write their experiences. I'm not looking for people who haven't undergone any training but just want to slate the company!!?
Please only wright if you've had training experience with this company whether it be good or not.

I see there has been another thread on this but I don't feel I got the answers but I was looking for and I'm sure more than two people have trained with this company.
So I'm looking for people who have trained for this company to write their experiences. I'm not looking for people who haven't undergone any training but just want to slate the company!!?
Please only wright if you've had training experience with this company whether it be good or not.
I have trained with this company and experienced nothing but problems the training was inadequate and my machine broke after 2 uses, I'm 3k out of pocket and they refused to refund me then changed their name AGAIN..avoid!

I attended training with this company and have recently attended training with another company to find out some of the techniques they are teaching people are actually illegally. I paid £1200 for a kit which 3 months later still not received and asked for refund for the kit and they replied no you carnt have one! Is they anyway of taking actions suggestions appreciated.

@Leajenks28

I paid around 3k in total for training and kit, the kit took months to arrive after endless calls and emails and excuses, the machine was faulty and I asked for refund and they refused. They have changed their name over 3 times and I know lots of people who have been ripped off by these people.

[text containing named individual removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
I attended training with this company and have recently attended training with another company to find out some of the techniques they are teaching people are actually illegally. I paid £1200 for a kit which 3 months later still not received and asked for refund for the kit and they replied no you carnt have one! Is they anyway of taking actions suggestions appreciated.
Have you talked to citizen's advice? They might be able to offer some advice. Or talk to a solicitor!

I'm so upset with it all I don't know where to turn!

Are you still waiting for your kit?

Why don't you put in writing your complaint to them.
Keep it simple:
Tell them how you paid for your kit 3 months ago and have not yet received it.
You have phoned several times ( put the details of who you spoke to and when - if you have them )
Tell them you are giving them 14 days to respond in writing ( you could suggest they provide either a commitment to supply the machine or provide a full refund.)
Tell them if they do not respond you will be taking further action.

Make sure you keep copies of all correspondence ( written is always better than phone conversations )

If you get no where....take them to the small claims court. It's relatively easy to do but you will need to backup your claim with paperwork.
It's so much easier to do it this way than get involved in phone conversations where promised /excuses are made, only to be denied later.

Please only write if you've had training experience with this company whether it be good or not.

I have trained with these they are not professional what so ever, telling me not to save up to get a loan out. As my business in SPMU will pay it off within 6 months so can then pay a loan off early. Luckily I never did instead I scrimped and scraped for 18 months to then waste £5,000 with them.

I have always loved eyebrows and it is what I am known for. All my clients and everyone who knew me told me to go for it as all would come to me as I am a natural at eyebrows not to mention a perfectionist as I do the bests shapes when tinting and waxing.

After saving for so long booked on this SPMU course at their new building in trafford park. Buying me a gold kit as wanted the better machine. Being a single parent of 3 and just started up a self employed beautician renting space. So their location was ideal for me.

After I paid all money I then waited ages for my conformation & detail emails and had to call the rep constant on her personal number as could never get through to the training academy.

I should have done research harder into this but I am too trusting, and I never learnt, but I have now.
On the first day I was told to fill out all the forms I had done and dropped off when I first booked. Then a trainer came in and asked for our exam papers. I never knew about these papers till now So did not have weeks to revise like the others, as I was not sent them and proved this to her when I shown her my emails. They just told me to copy off someone this would be fine as they cant give out certificates without marking it in to send off. I refused and said I will take it home and do it properly as I want to learn and know my mistakes.

The girls training were no older that 23. To my knowledge you had to do have so many years experience.

We were asked to call round and get last min models if possible which no one could make it there and then for anyone. So we were told to work on each other first. We were not told much or given much time on the practice skins before getting told to do it for real. Many of my questions were ignored, not answered correctly and some even incorrectly. I felt everyone on the course got what they wanted in a quick fix. But I certainly didn't, I like to know everything and be sure and prepared if such questions are asked by a client.

The trainers were talking more of their works do and general chit chat than the course.

When we were on a live model from the outside, everyone was working one tutor to one pupil. The lady I was working on was lovely and the trainer whome was sat with me, looked at me as if i was thick when I asked how do i make them symmetrical and best way to draw them on. She just said "put the band on its easier just sit em up and ask the client if its ok". She then had a call to go and do some IPL removal as no one else was available. (A Paying client as also still a salon) So she went and left me alone. I was ignored when i asked if someone else was coming to sit with me. Still no attention was on their clients never mind us training just rude and spoke about Christmas and Weekend ahead. I was so nervous and kept shouting over for reassurance and they told me fine keep going. When I finally finished one eyebrow was slightly higher and I was put down like a kid as if I never listened. She was more annoyed it was home time and had to sort it and show me. I wanted to cry so bad and scream why was I left and I asked if they were ok every 5 mins never did u come over. They are fine, perfect and well done was shouted back thats all whilst my trainer was busy on someone else somewhere else. I just felt sick and lost all confidence. The lady was worked on and I was told it be fine. She was offered back after the xmas period to have them rectified for free but she had to wait 4 weeks. I gave the lady my contact details as I was distraught and wanted to make sure all was ok as I would pay to get it sorted elsewhere.

Well after 3 days I was a qualified SPMU Tattooist and gave a certificate. Told I would have to book the next course to learn corrections and other areas.

I felt i did not learn anything in fact I lost confidence & I vowed i'm never touching a set of eyebrows I left there 5k lighter and feeling crap. i'm usually fun and outgoing that has a lot to say I left feeling relieved it was over, but I was drained & confused at what that actually was.

My kit I paid for I went to collect but told they didn't have it it be a week i had to go back. I rang and emailed and after almost 2 months i was told I could collect it. it was wrong it was the bronze package and the cheapest machine and pigment colours I wouldnt use. They swore that was what I ordered and price was right for that kit. It was a lie and a scam and I had no more patience. But for my time waiting for the kit I can book on a free micro needling course with a free kit. I attended I got the course but no free kit, said I didn't pay for it. The course was free & out of generosity as i'd previously booked a course before and wanted to show me they valued me by doing this. I seriously had no patience left with this company their scams or lies.

I was in no rush to do eyebrows on anyone anytime soon. I had no money at all to even do it again elsewhere not in this life anyway. So I did what I could, I ordered practice skins and trained myself through google, online research and youtube. It was 10 months before I did a live person (my mum) whose were great. I have done a fair few people now, but I will not advertise for it as I am not confident at all. So I work purely off word of mouth. They take me up to 4 hours to do.

I have rectified mess ups of other SPMU tattooists which are all bar 1 person, clients done by where I trained.

The lady I did in training contacted me and said she could get hold of no one when she did they were rude. When she eventually went in they messed her eyebrows even more and she has no confidence either and wont let anyone near her eyebrows now as they have left a large scar. She vowed it was not me and hopes I do well. I don't feel my certificate is legit and will have to redo as they told me (whilst in training) that sept 16 it will mean nothing. I have only just after all this time realised how I was treated and how I was done out of big money. Ifeel my kids lively hood was wasted on something I thought would make me so much money to better all our lives, with it I would be able do other things. Something I loved so much and gave me the drive, now has me doubting everything and feeling sick with worry like never before. I am trying to build confidence and work out best pigments as I will not use theirs from their kit it has no ingredients only name and address. Research however I found out more on this & the company.

So let me no what info you need I will do what I can and also being a local will go gain what people need as I do not want people in my scared state. I am currently saving up to do the course again or refresher as although i researched more and still am i have not physically had a professionals opinion and I need this for peace of mind.

Believe me I am the last person to slate or name drop on another business, but they had so many chances I have been approached by many people and I have just said I have my own views but what mine are in good others may not see bad and what I think is bad others may think are great and the fact I wasn't prepared to state. But now I don't want people to be fooled its a scam and money making scheme by unprofessional bunch. The girls and all the companies known by get slated and slagged in my shop but I say nothing to these clients I just relax them and talk as if I no nothing about them, as to not pass judgment to stay professional and just reassure them I will do my best to sort them out. Everyone is more than happy after and I get lovely feedback. Just wish I gained more confidence.

I have to say I trained with them and it was fine. My machine hadn't arrived so they loaned me a machine for a week until it did.

I have to say I trained with them and it was fine. My machine hadn't arrived so they loaned me a machine for a week until it did.
Wish mine only took a week, as they had my booking months before didn't think I would be waiting two months after. Then I got the wrong machine they fobbed me off with a cheaper one from a bronze package. I couldn't be arsed arguing no more they knew what i ordered. Im glad its not all bad and i'm seeing some have gained like yourself. I just drew a very short straw when it came to me. £5,000 to gain no knowledge and not even leave with my correct kit. I was even told to buy illegal numbing cream and where from. After looking back if they were told they can't use tag45 they shouldn't pass such info to learners.
Have you only just done your course hun or a while back? I just need to get my certificate sorted make sure that is the correct one.

I did a course which was suppose to be 2 days but was told after 4 hours that I was qualified and to go home and practise! Since then I've gone with another company to be told the way I was trained with them is incorrect! I've since asked for a refund but they have ignored me so I'm taking them to a small claims court next month! Hopefully people will stop booking with this company.

They can't get away with this surely? It's a lot of money to lose and to be fair the kit is crap I used none of their products I use the machine but that's cos I have no other option at the min :( I might contact watchdog and trading standards. I thought with me it was a one off that they just took a dislike to me. It's quite sad to see others have been treated this way.
is your certificate legit ? or do u have to resit in september this year? New beauty laws in training apparently. I hope you do get your money back and sorted hun.

They can't get away with this surely? It's a lot of money to lose and to be fair the kit is crap I used none of their products I use the machine but that's cos I have no other option at the min :( I might contact watchdog and trading standards. I thought with me it was a one off that they just took a dislike to me. It's quite sad to see others have been treated this way.
is your certificate legit ? or do u have to resit in september this year? New beauty laws in training apparently. I hope you do get your money back and sorted hun.
I've since been and trained with another company so my certificates are fine now . Just so annoying when I did the course I didn't receive my kit as it wasn't in stock and I'm still waiting ! I've sent so many emails, letters and phone calls but they just don't care. Just trying to find out if try have moved from broad oak trading estate as the signed for letters come back as 'moved away' or 'not known' but there still advertising on there fb page there running courses from there!!!!!! Once it's been to court in May I will let others know how it went as I know from other forums I'm not the only one I just hope by making it known what they are doing stops people training with them in 20years of being a beautician I've never been in such an unprofessionally run course ......please don't waste your money people !

I've reported them to trading standards and even paid for meditation to try and sort it out before I took it to court but they just ignored it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Asked, answered and time to close this thread.

Should any site members be experiencing issues with this company, I would ask that matters be dealt with directly and away from Salon Geek please.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back