Have you tried this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danger Mouse

Reaction score
Hi All

Just wondered if anyones Limon Kolonyasi? I was introduced to it by someone she lived in Turkey for 3 years and said they us it to cool down.
Its also a repellent

I've been pouring the stuff all over then standing in front of a fan and within seconds I cooled down.

Its usually used to freshen the hands and seems to be great to cool clients hands down before their treatment.

Danger Mouse said:
Hi All

Just wondered if anyones Limon Kolonyasi? I was introduced to it by someone she lived in Turkey for 3 years and said they us it to cool down.
Its also a repellent

I've been pouring the stuff all over then standing in front of a fan and within seconds I cooled down.

Its usually used to freshen the hands and seems to be great to cool clients hands down before their treatment.

being married to a turk, we have plenty of it in our house.its a great hand freshener..i used it lots for friends and family when my new babies arrived to freshen their hands before they pawed over the wee one..

it works as an insect repellant too, turks use it constantly, they rub all over hands, arms and round the face and neck (fine if u have no make up on..)
when i lived in London, I could buy it in the turkish shops in north london..

It it great for cooling down or when someone feels like fainting, one sniff of this they quickly recover. Just be careful not to get it in the eyes. It stings like hell.

do you get this from chemists in turkey or just ordinary shops?

GlitzyGirl said:
It it great for cooling down or when someone feels like fainting, one sniff of this they quickly recover. Just be careful not to get it in the eyes. It stings like hell.

lol the famliy is now addicted :)

joolz said:
do you get this from chemists in turkey or just ordinary shops?

well after trying it I went on the hunt and got some strange looks lol but if you go to some of the turkish supermarkets in north london you should be able to find it, it costs about £2.50 so you can guess I cleared the shelf lol:lol:

Ahhh! so thats what its called! :rolleyes:
Looked for this for ages after my visit to Side, might find the hunt a bit easier now I know what they call it! :)

Glorsclaws said:
Ahhh! so thats what its called! :rolleyes:
Looked for this for ages after my visit to Side, might find the hunt a bit easier now I know what they call it! :)

some makes for you to look out for:
  • Doruk (the brand I brought)
  • Bogizici
  • Pereja

Heres a picture

Attachments

• Set109_01.jpg
    Set109_01.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 130
Danger Mouse said:
some makes for you to look out for:
  • Doruk (the brand I brought)
  • Bogizici
  • Pereja

I never heard of Doruk so don't know what it's like. The second one is actually spelt Bogazici, and Pereja is one of the original ones that have been going for years and years. Well, I am 40 and have always known Pereja, so it's a well known brand. You have to try them all really, to see which one you prefer. Some can be quite strong, and not very refreshing. There's also a different scented one they do. It's called Beyaz Zambak, I think it's white lilies, but not sure. That one's nice as well, but floral.

GlitzyGirl said:
I never heard of Doruk so don't know what it's like. The second one is actually spelt Bogazici, and Pereja is one of the original ones that have been going for years and years. Well, I am 40 and have always known Pereja, so it's a well known brand. You have to try them all really, to see which one you prefer. Some can be quite strong, and not very refreshing. There's also a different scented one they do. It's called Beyaz Zambak, I think it's white lilies, but not sure. That one's nice as well, but floral.

yeah I saw the other scent but didn't like it I like citris smells. The one I tried was spelt with a k somthing can't quite remember, but duruk was the one I found

these seem the expensive ones...(all boxed in glass bottle), limon cologne is a well known household good in Turkey, and can be bought anywhere...and like Danger Mouse said, can be picked up from the small supermarkets and shops in north london area where there are many

i have bottles brought from Turkey, they are in a lemon coloured plastic bottle and called Eflatun....(the cheap gear..)

Turks also use Rose water, especially for washing babies face and hands..:hug:

michelle16 said:
these seem the expensive ones...(all boxed in glass bottle), limon cologne is a well known household good in Turkey, and can be bought anywhere...and like Danger Mouse said, can be picked up from the small supermarkets and shops in north london area where there are many

i have bottles brought from Turkey, they are in a lemon coloured plastic bottle and called Eflatun....(the cheap gear..)

Turks also use Rose water, especially for washing babies face and hands..:hug:

Its become on of my summer essentials :)

I bulk buy lemon cologne when in Turkey and i decant it to a small spray bottle and take it everywhere with me. It is good for cooling and the mosies are not very keen on it!!

Latest posts

Back