Having a bad week

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello my luv, what a great big bunch of poop :(

If it's any consolation, I will definitely be coming to see you Sunday. .. no matter how hung over I am (as long aa you don't mind me shaking and being sick in the corner. ... haha) lol
I am unable to be there for the whole day, but will be coming for an hour or two at least ;)

P.S. pretty please save me some cake ;) I might need the sugar intake haha

Looking forward to seeing you huni.
You'll have a fab weekend I'm sure. Even if you do have some insensitive soles around you, you also have people that care ;) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Again, if this were me I'd be thinking sod the lot of them; I'm booking myself on a spa day/night thing, on my own, with my ipad and plenty of treatments booked. Assuming of course that I could afford to do it. If I couldn't afford that I'd make sure I had plenty of sky plus to watch, and a bottle of fizz. I'd lock the door, switch off my phone and tell them all to bugger off; selfish gits.

Damn right! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

You're all so lovely, I do love Lynne's advice though ;)

Becca, really looking forward to seeing you! I've spent a fair amount on nice food to have on Sunday so it should be a good day!

Xxx

If that were me I really, really wouldn't be hoping that they've booked a surprise, purely because when it doesn't materialise I would be even more heartbroken.
Again, if this were me I'd be thinking sod the lot of them; I'm booking myself on a spa day/night thing, on my own, with my ipad and plenty of treatments booked. Assuming of course that I could afford to do it. If I couldn't afford that I'd make sure I had plenty of sky plus to watch, and a bottle of fizz. I'd lock the door, switch off my phone and tell them all to bugger off; selfish gits.

Just has to comment on this as I totally agree with Lynne! That was a quote and a half 😉!

Hope you have a lovely birthday Hun, and as Lynne says be selfish, I think you deserve it xx

Last year, I bought my man a beautiful watch and made a huge scrapbook filled with pictures and quotes and lyrics... For my birthday? He turned up to my house with a Tesco bag containing special offer Malibu and Tesco Value diet coke. This year, I bought him a phone... Maybe I'll get Pepsi this year?!!

Xxx

Oh dear, I think we secretly live i hope that they'll become as thoughtful as us and actually think of their own ideas of things to do an things we like.. Sigh.
Like u say I'm sure he didnt realise its a big deal. Birthdays mean alot to me, but to my fella and his family they dont really celebrate just a card with money in. Guess some people are just like that?
I hope you have a lovely break from work, and enjoy your birthday xx

Just an update, best friend and hairdresser were supposed to take me out tonight... Best friend didn't show up, but boyfriend took pity on me and joined me and hairdresser... We were out for a measly 4 hours as everywhere was empty. :(

Xxx

Just an update, best friend and hairdresser were supposed to take me out tonight... Best friend didn't show up, but boyfriend took pity on me and joined me and hairdresser... We were out for a measly 4 hours as everywhere was empty. :(

Xxx

Least you were out :) I'd have told him I didn't want him out. I refuse to be out with people who will have faces on them as they don't wanna be there and then they annoy me. Cos when I'm out, I'm out to dance, have fun, and I don't care if I'm alone on the dance floor lol.

I was reading your replies exactly the same as Lynne though.... Why are you with him, I know we can't comment on your whole togetherness but, you need to let him know how upset you are.... He needs to learn that if he doesn't like giving presents he won't receive them either, but just explain how much the thought and sentiment means to you. My bf hates 'HATES' valentines, its taken 5 years but I now get a message and see him after one of them we had a difference of opinion and I said I don't expect cards, flowers or presents but I do expect your time, you may not like the day but I do! Next year I'm aiming on getting a card lol. Year after a present hehe.

I have to say, he really redeemed himself last night by showing up. He hates going out for drinks (prefers a film and a cuddle) so it was a huge thing that he even offered to come, let alone turned up...! It also saved us taxi fares as he prefers to be sober and the designated driver. Before we went into the town, we stopped in at a restaurant and all had dinner (which he paid for). He trawled after us down a windy seafront whilst we crawled into pretty stale bars... And did it all with a smile on his face. I also got huge cuddles when we got home, not to mention apologies such as "I'm sorry everyone has let you down" (in his world, that means "sorry I was one of those #*<\*~# that left you hanging but I'm here now").

He does care and once he realised how upset I was that everything had gone to pot, he really showed me. I do love him, he is a massive softy when he wants to be... he just loses track of what's important other than work and he can get a little selfish - let's be honest, I've been guilty of that sometimes.

He's offered to come tonight too! I've declined because as nice as it is having him around, I know he doesn't really enjoy it. I know I've made him out to be a bit of a so-and-so in this thread but for all his flaws he really is a genuine person (who would never intentionally hurt/upset me) and we love each other :)

Xxx

Jamie has really done well. He has made it up to me ten-fold! He picked me up from my Ascot Hat party and stayed for 4 hours, then took me out for a midnight meal (lol), got home and he gave me a beautiful card with lovely words (saying he's proud of me and that I'm an amazing person)... And then out fell £130!!! He says it's for my CND conversion which I've wanted to do for months but couldn't afford. I also got lots of cuddles and this morning he was all smiles.

Can you say breakthrough?!! I do feel bitchy now for writing this thread because it's very clear he does care, and he does love me (lots).

But... Best friend let me down both days. We'll see what she says later today.

I have some old friends, some family and some new geeky friends coming later on for a BBQ and the weather god took pity on me and made it sunny :) things are looking up, and I made my cakes this morning!

Xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371985967.950290.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371985967.950290.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 78
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371985988.129240.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371985988.129240.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 76
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371986005.711739.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371986005.711739.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 71
I'm so glad you had a fab birthday and that your boyfriend made it up for it.

I hope you have a fab afternoon! Xx

I am really glad it all worked out in the end. Doesn't seem like such a bad chap after all.

If anyone else is reading this saga, let me tell you, in instances like this, men can actually be trained. It takes time but the thing is we need to tell them in no uncertain terms what we want. Hints do not work with men. Sulking doesn't work either. You have to tell them plain and clear what you want, whether it be birthday celebrations, Valentines Day, surprises, whatever.

My OH was a right tight sod when I first started going out with him. I commented that I liked one of his old t.shirt to wear and he offered to sell it to me!!

After 15 years of training and me making it clear that I am his partner and he needs to be more generous with me, he has done a complete turnaround and is very giving. We both agree on no Valentines but make a big deal of birthdays and Christmas. We're both now reading from the same hymn book.

Latest posts

Back