Having a bad week!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sharong

Reaction score
Hiya fellow geeks,

Just wanted to let off steam about the week I ve had. Being a newbie in the business your confidence isnt high to start with. But this week has been a bit testing on the stress levels.

Last Saturday I had a lady in for gel extensions and the minute she sat down and said she couldnt sit in this chair because it was uncomfortable I knew I was going to have trouble!! After swapping the chairs and getting her comfortable she had expected her nails to be done in an hour (ok maybe if i had been doing for sometime this could be expected but not yet), so I learnt a valuable lesson to always tell people how long it will take so they have no other expectations.
After the nails were done she gave me a tip and went away happy.

Another lady was booked in for gel extensions yesterday. Whilst general chit chatting I discovered she normally has her nails done frequently by the lady who trained me - aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh - of all the Nail Techs about she had ended up with me - the Nail Tech in question had over 20 years experience and theres little ole me as a fill in whilst she is on holiday. This
stressed me out and I became a bit of a nervous wreck trying to think how my inexperience was going to be compared to her normal Tech.

Whilst doing her nails I had lady no1 reappear advising that one of her nails had split. I inspected and it looked like it had caught at the bottom of the free edge. I advised this and asked if she had caught. She was a bit off and said she hadnt caught and had done everything to the book!! I advised that I could fit her in this Sat am to replace free of charge on this instance but any future repairs would need to be paid for.

Arrived in the Salon this morning to find a snotty note through the door advising she will not turn up for her appointment saturday or be booking any others in the future.

Talk about deflate. I kept going over what I had done and if the error was mine and whether she will be telling everyone I did a bad job and therefore the very few clients I have at the moment become less.

I know you all must have had days and clients like this who knock your confidence but this early in the game it feels harder to rise above it.

Thanks for listening geeks

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

I hope you have a bottle of wine or two this evening!

The main thing is not to worry and relax. The lady probably had these thoughts is her head at the time. She is in the wrong for the way she has treated you. You offered her a free repair! As for telling her friends I would not worry you do not want more people with the same approach to your work coming in.

Any one who has never made a mistake has never Lived.

You will have to tell clients how long it takes you. I have not been doing it long either and it takes me 1 1/2 to 2 hours! still. I do tell people this because when I was at college the reception booked me in for extensions and when i done the consultation she wanted them done in an hour to. I really felt the pressure and ended up making more mistakes than I have ever made. I still pratice on my mates to try and increase the time that I do them.

Anyway I think thats enough for now I can go on and on!!!

Chilli out and dont worry i hope you have a relaxing weekend.
Jenny

Thanks for your reply - really appreciate it. Im sure Ill bounce back and come up fighting.

You have a good weekend aswell.

Sharon

I agree with Jenny about your time. You let them know how long it takes, i always say 1 1/2 to 2 hours and that covers me for the worst. If i finish sooner all the better but dont hurry yourself..:biggrin:

As for the Client....Don't worry, its her loss..She'l never be happy with who ever does her nails. You had a lucky escape if you ask me..lol

Vicky

Hi Sharon i no how u feel i've only been doing nails 6 months still having some problems but u have to think postive u no u can do it, just keep practising. Also what i done when i qualified was used models charged them a small amount to cover cost of products supplied them with plenty of beverageswhilst they sat there 3 hrs plus i am still using these models i do their rebalances cheaper cos i am still slow on that. hope this makws u feel better have a good weekend chin up chill out and relax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back