Having a change - need some advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MummyCat

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Well I'm having a bit of a change in regards to treatments that I offer and where I offer them...I have 2 issues that I really need some advice on and hopefully some of you wise geeks can please help with some wise words...

Firstly...

I started up in December mainly doing mobile...but as I don't drive, this became a huge issue, however I've found myself a fab salon which I rent a space in and I can't see myself going anywhere soon.

The issue?

Well...my website and the way that I have marketed myself on all websites (yell.com etc) is that I'm a mobile nail technician and most of the people that reach my site are mainly through using this search term...so when they call etc, I now try to get them to come to the salon, which most are fine which.
I can't help but think that this is a bit of false marketing, so just want to take all of the mobile nail tech info off of my site.
I have tried to even add an extra surcharge for out calls, yet people still enquire.
Most end up coming to the salon to see me.

So the thing I want to ask, do you think I should take off any mobile info from my site? What would you do?

The second issue is...

PEDICURES!

I quite enjoy doing pedicures, however I'm highly uncomfortable doing them in the space that I have been given to do them in the salon.
I LOVE my manicure station and it looks very professional, but the area in which I'm meant to do pedi's isn't the best...its right by the basins (hair salon). And its not the most private of areas and looks a bit make shift, so I'm thinking of taking them off my price list altogether and to just concentrate on fingernails.

So what I want to ask you is...do you offer manicure treatments but not pedicures? If so do you think that you're missing out at all?

Do your clients go else where for pedicures? What if they want their toes matching their fingers?

Thank you for your help x

Is there absolutely no other place in the salon to do pedicures that might be more private ?

I work from home and it states it clearly on my website, but I apparently can be found when one googles mobile nails ! People don't seem to mind and come to me.

Is there absolutely no other place in the salon to do pedicures that might be more private ?

I work from home and it states it clearly on my website, but I apparently can be found when one googles mobile nails ! People don't seem to mind and come to me.

There really isn't any other space to do pedicures, the only option is to remove them.

Thanks for your input.

Anyone else? x

Could you screen an area off in the salon when you have a pedicure client?

Latest posts

Back