Having a reaction to Flirties glue, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I've been using flirties lash glue, after training with them 2 years ago. All was fine until recently when I started getting sore, itchy and dry eye lids after doing lashes on a client.
I've opened new glue and it's still an issue..... Has anyone else found this ? I'm wondering what my options are as I don't want to stop lashing, but can't face the side effects 😳
I only do a few a month (more nails & waxing) but it's something I love doing..... Thanks for any help 😊

Hey everyone,
I've been using flirties lash glue, after training with them 2 years ago. All was fine until recently when I started getting sore, itchy and dry eye lids after doing lashes on a client.
I've opened new glue and it's still an issue..... Has anyone else found this ? I'm wondering what my options are as I don't want to stop lashing, but can't face the side effects ��
I only do a few a month (more nails & waxing) but it's something I love doing..... Thanks for any help ��

Hi

this is a tricky one - never heard of the therapist being allergic before!

A couple of things you could try:-

1) Switch to sensitive glue if you are using the expert strength
2) If already using the sensitive, try wearing a facemask (this could stop the vapours irritating you

Hope this works for you!

Thanks hon, I know it sounds odd ! But I'm sure it's the glue, I only do a couple a month atm and it always kicks off after 😁 I've got sensitive glue but find it an absolute pain to work with...... I did think about goggles, but wondered then if they'd either trap the fumes or just make seeing up close really hard work lol ?!

I use flirties glue and my clients are having this problem.
During the last month I've had 5 requests for removal (more than I've ever had during the time I've been doing lashes)
All have swollen itchy eyelids
I think I will have to switch glue.
Have flirties changed their ingredients?

I had this same problem last year, two of my regular clients suddenly had allergic reactions, bad ones their eyes had swollen up and become slits, very puffy. I removed them ASAP, advised antihistamine and doctors if it didn't go down. I called my trainer who couldn't help, and beautrix who couldn't help either. I hadn't done anything differently as I do lots of lashes, both ladies now cannot have lashes on, but can have cluster lashes, my glue was a new one too. I've stopped using flirties glue now x

Latest posts

Back