having bad day as well - long winded feel free to not read

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

groovynails

Reaction score
:(
i feel like giving up to, just when every thing was going really well the day from hell happens :( :( :( :( :(

2 people cancel ,then some one books in mrs lee :twisted: for her rebalance in one of the canceled spots,so my day gets worse

first she bitches about every nail tech she has ever been to (there have been a few to say the least) so i say we all have bad days when are nails dont quite go how we want.i say this to her as i dont want to be drawn into a bitching match with her.then she moans about drills (we dont use them but previous techs she has been to do) how bad they are ,so i tell her drills can have there place if the tech has been trained and is compatent(spelling) still trying to not get caught in her bitching match.

so i ask her what she has been up to since i last saw here 3 weeks ago,we have a breast cancer scare and some more bitching about various people,so i say well has any thing nice happened to u lately .finely she is nice for about 10 mins telling me about her sons promotion then its back to the bitching :twisted: .

by this time im totally drained of the will to live :shock:

then the nit picking starts so i say why dont u wait till i have finished then u can tell me any thing is wrong with the nails ,by this time she has gone deaf and cant stop picking at things i have done(felt like shoving a file up her backside)
so at the end she says oh a couple are a bit thick so i think to myself just hummor her so i file over all to make sure. she re checks oh yes thats better she says.finely 1 3/4 hours later she goes .im totally knackered its as if she has totally drained my life force out of me.any way an hour later she is on the phone complaining about her nails :gun: and has been booked again on thursday :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .i feel like giving up.

she is a client who came from another salon and this was her second appointment,her first appointment went well but i should of relised what she was gonna be like the way she was bitching about every one from the milkman to her hairdresser :? ,dont think i can cope when she comes in on thursday.

to make matters worse the client i did after her i did terrible nails on .i have lost the will to do nails. :hic: :hic:
:oops: :( and now im feeling like such a crap tech i wish i never got up this morning

sorry to go on ,but i feel better now i have it out of my system :freak:

Ok..first...BREATHE! lol!! Calm down, chill out and just be thankful you're not a nagging, bitchy person like your client!! Everyone has bad days, just try to concentrate on your career and how you work rather than be put down by clients. Id like to have seen her do any better ;-)

Smile :D Im stuck in exam hell at the moment, grrrr, pass the alcohol!

xxlaylaxx

Groovynails, we've all got or had clients like that! If she's had quite a few nail techs in the past chances are she is and always will be a pain in the a***! I don't think you're going to change this woman, she probably leads her whole life like that, sad really. The way I see it you've got two choices, grin and bear her,either totally tune out when you're doing her nails or get rid of her. My colleague (sp) had a client like this, it really stressed her out at even the thought of this woman coming in, it made her feel ill, so we decided (after persevering with her for months, and she's been to many techs too) to get rid of her. We did this by politely saying to her that we felt that we could not satisfy her needs and we thought it would be better for her to find another salon.
Don't stress, I know that's easy to say, but please don't let this one woman make you doubt yourself and your abilities.
Think of the nice clients you have, good luck.
Jane

Jane is right.

Throw the ball back into her court.

Had a similar client myself - several actually over the years- and my trick was similar to Jane's. As they moaned I said, you know what? I think we'll soak them off today and give you a nice manicure because it appears that you just don't get on with nail enhancements. EVERY TIME when I did that, they'd say ... BUT I lOVE MY NAILS ... I used to say well you never sound like you do AND THAT my dear was usually the end of the moaning.
If this waoman returns on thursday, CHARGE HER. You gave her every opportunity to say her peace when she was with you. She didn't .. another appointment = another fee. If she doesn't like it she can go to yet another salon and you will be no worse off.

(felt like shoving a file up her backside)

Well don't forget to give her the file to take home afterwards :) eewww LOL!!

edited May 7th @ 20:07 GMT by The Geek. Why? Just added the tags of the quote :)

thanks guys feel better already :D .its stupid how i let this women get to me :oops: .come thursday i will do what geeg said about charging her, and offering to take them off for her. funny how some clients just seem to drain the life out of you.

Well said gigi

The best advise i have heard. you go for it groovy don't let that woman make you give up you, would never forgive yourself for letting a person like that make you do something like give up

Your made of stronger stuff girl !!!!!

you are so right :hic: .roll on thursday. :D

You know you are better than her you get her on thursday

:gun:

Do you know what makes me sooooo angry with these sorts of people..... is what gives them the God Damn right to make our lives such hell!!! I had a lady who phoned during the week wanting a full set, the only day she could do was Saturday (I only do occasional work at weekends - family thing if you know what I mean!!). So I said to her that I don't normally do Saturdays but if it was the only day she could do then I would fit her in (how nice of me!)

Anyway, Saturday comes, 9.55 no knock at the door..... 10.00 comes and still no knock.........10.07 and I say to my husband that's she's not going to show and he says, it's only 10.10! Sure enough there is no phone call and no knock at my door. Who the hell (scuse me) does she think she is that she can not give me notice that she doesn't want to come. I do have a note on my leaflet saying I reserve the right to charge, etc, etc. but how can you enforce it?

Groovy Babe, personally I would do as Jane said and politely tell she is obviously not getting on with her nail enhancements and maybe she would be better off trying a different salon!!!

Remember, you do this profession because you enjoy it 8) and you don't need people like that ;)

All the best girlie, we're all behind you
Dellie

Ooo Groovy, you poor thing! Now I feel a real wimp for moaning about my sister! I think Geeg has given you some good advice there and if she doesn't respond go for Nailtech's suggestion!!!

I took Dawnie's advice yesterday - went home had a glass of wine and started again this morning - I feel much better and can't wait to get to my Nail Art class this evening.

Remember, you are good at what you do - in your reply you've shown that you are professional and take pride in your work.

Best of luck when she comes in tomorrow. We'll all be thinking of you.

Kx

have done three mobile clients today so feel better,they all went well (thank goodness). i am determined to not let clients think they know better than me,and undermine me ,i have the same problem as karen when u want them to have short workable length nails and they try and bully u into having longer :oops: and u just know that they will lift and break,.but know im taking no more crap from them, its my way or the highway :shock: .i think mrs lee actually done me a favour cause now when i see her tomorrow i will have the confidence to be firm but polite-ish ;) .no more will the clients drag me down :hic: and if i can stick up to her i will be fine with every other clientwho trys it on.im gonna nip it in the bud before she gets to me to much :gun: :D

i still feel sorry for the poor women whos nails i did after mrs lee :? cause they didnt look to hot :oops: but she rebooked so it may be alright

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you well.
Be firm and friendly, don't get agressive, and keep a smile on your face.

You are the professional and you know your business - that is why you underwent your training --- she has not been trained and knows nothing.

Remind her that she was given every opportunity at her last appointment to say her peace. You did your best for her and when she left the salon your contract with her was finished and she said she was happy.

Today (Thursday) is another appointment and there will be a charge. Tell her this first, so that she is under no illusion as to what is going to happen. Then if she wants to leave rather than pay, you won't have done the work for nothing.

Let us know how it works out for you. Good luck.

Let us now how you get on with your horrid client as it will give us all inspiration when we have them ourselves as there is probably at least one like that out there for all of us. Just don`t let her grind you down.
Debs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back