Having fun with gels....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nats

Reaction score
Monday is my day off... so what do I do... I go and play with my gels... :D
Was kind of inspired by the lastest issues of magazines...
Picies aren't great, I kept moving... so will ask hubby to help me tonight... In the mean time... here are some samples http://groups.msn.com/AscotNailsBeauty/gelart.msnw

hi nats

those look really good what did you use i'm dying to know think i might have to have a play on my day off now :D

Hi Nats
They look so pretty was you inspired by the great Anthony :rolleyes:
Take care Dawnie xx

Hey Nats,

WOW love those nails :thumbsup: ....any chance of a step by step guide on how to do them and a list of which products you used :?:

Good job. I love the look of clear nails.

Thanks guys... :oops: :oops:

I have been converted to Akzentz gels but I suppose any gels would do, as long as you have a strong enough gel to sculpt with. The Akzentz builder is also quite thick which means it is very easy to work with. Combined with the Trilite... phewww... they are rock solid!!! :D

<b> Prep </b>
Do normal prep as if you were to apply any products.
File and shape the free edge so it is quite thin, but still visible.
Scrubfresh.
Apply form.
Apply AK sure bond.

<b> Sculpt </b>
1/ Apply / scrub AK Bonder on the nails and cure for 1 minute.
2/ Start sculpting the free edge with clear Builder by extending from the nail onto the form. I used 2 or 3 <b><u>very thin layers </u></b>and before curing each layer, I added the foils (it gives that depth look).
3/ I added some more Builder for strenght over the stress area and to build the arch and cured.

<b>White bed</b>
4/ Thin layer of Ultra French White on the whole nail, and wipe the tips off with a clean brush. Cure full 2 minutes.
5/ If you want the nail to look whiter, apply another thin layer of white. Cure 2 minutes.
6/ Thin layer of Trilite and cure.
7/ Shape and file the nail.
8/ Then last thin layer of Trilite for the shine. Cure.

Voila!! Hope it makes sense!! :shock:

I tried it with the AK Paint-On White on the pinkie, but it doesn't give the same look. It is a bit too crisp for me, I like the soft effect of the UFW.

Also I have used only silver foils and it gives a very "posh" look!! :D The contrast with the white ish nail bed makes it look very delicate. On a tanned hand, it must look very nice.... me think!!

Yes Nats, they are fab........................
I love them ...........

Love Ruth xxx

Very nice. Love the clear tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back