Having to put up with the worst notice period ever!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolci_Dolittle

Reaction score
Hey Geeks!

Need some advice. The bloggers will know that I am opening my own salon at the end of the month, things are going really well and couldn't be happier.

Here's where things get tricky...

I gave my landlord 4weeks notice on the 27th August so i could finish up on the 24th of this month (really didnt need to as she never renewed my lease when it expired in Feb so i was doing it out of courtesy so she'd have time to find another room letter)

To cut a long story short her (and her mum) havent taken it very well so i've been getting the silent treatment which i can handle - i like the quiet.

I've got to the stage now that i'm sick fed up of the immature attitude so I've been coming in later and leaving earlier so i dont need to put up with it for too long each day.

I came in this morning just before 11 to see an appointment marked in my book for today 10.15am - 1pm £35 worth of treatments with a cheeky note scribbled next to it saying "had to leave couldnt wait" (from landlord's mum) this appointment wasn't in the book when i left the salon at 5pm lastnight and they didnt have the decency to phone or text me know i had a client waiting!

I am absolutely livid! I need to stay on here til at least the 17th as i have clients booked in up until then but think i am just going to leave on that date.

Any advice on what i should do? I'm not a confrontational person (just like to vent in a room on my own)

Thanks
Lauren
xxx

I'm just curious to know, if you weren't going in until 11, why you didn't cross that time out in your book.
I can see that you would be annoyed but I can also see that the other staff wouldn't know that you were coming in late if you hadn't booked that time out.
I'd make sure that you book your time out in your book in future and then there will be no misunderstandings.
You only have 10 days left and it will be over soon.
I'm also curious to know what treatments were booked. Almost 3 hours for £35!

My alarm didnt go off the time it was meant to (dont think i changed the day before i went to sleep lastnight)

The thing thats annoyed me the most is the cheeky note - they could have let me know (which they have done in the past before handing notice in) and also the fact the didnt take a number (another thing that the never do) so i could call client to apologise for not being in and rearrange.

The dont quite know the timings of my treatments so in actual fact it was just about and hour and a halfs worth of treatments (some waxing and a shellac manicure)

xx

I'd just keep your head down until you leave.
I think you are maybe reading too much into it. They didn't know you were going to oversleep.
I have a therapist who is self-employed and I don't ring her or text her every time I take an appointment for her. If she is coming in late then she crosses it out in the book.
Maybe because you feel there is a bit of an atmosphere then you are reading too much into it. I didn't think the note was cheeky either. It just said what happened.
Good luck in your new salon. :hug:

Sounds like everyone involved is a little hyper-sensitive. I agree with Angelina, in hindsight it would have been good to have marked yourself out if planned on coming in later or maybe have called in to let them know you were running late. Hindsight in 20/20 vision.

My only recommendation, even though you are starting your own salon, don't burn any bridges. You may have to cross it again someday.

BTW, congratulations to you on a place of your very own!

Just smile sweetly and say you would never run a business like they do and thank them for teaching you what not to do, they made themselves look bad, not you, you could also phone the client up and apologise and offer her a discretionary treatment fir the inconvenience caused by the lack of communication xxx not long now, just grit your teeth xxx

In relation to what the other therapists say, they have a point , if it's not crossed out then they would not know, even if I overslept I would ring and check they knew I was on my way ASAP, setting up a new business and stress don't always bode well, without sounding judgemental and me being honest, I think I would be more focussed on that I'm leaving, but make sure you leave on a good note as best as you can, rather walk away with dignity and self respect, time heals and when they find someone else to rent, the atmosphere will change, lots of people are feeling things a bit financially and they are probably not aware how they may be coming across, good luck in your new venture xxx

They've well and truly burnt their bridges with me now.

I got here this morning and was locked out (they've took my key)

Went in to my room to find everything that had been out in main dumped on the bed (including appointment book) and they have ruined my minx and shellac window stickers with the way they have ripped them off the window.

I've not got any clients booked between.the 20th and 24th so after my last client on the 17th, i'm packing up and leaving. Cant put up with the place for another week.

Xxx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I'd just keep your head down until you leave.
I think you are maybe reading too much into it. They didn't know you were going to oversleep.
I have a therapist who is self-employed and I don't ring her or text her every time I take an appointment for her. If she is coming in late then she crosses it out in the book.
Maybe because you feel there is a bit of an atmosphere then you are reading too much into it. I didn't think the note was cheeky either. It just said what happened.
Good luck in your new salon. :hug:

Im inclined to agree with Angelina.

I think that in some ways your lucky they didn't find fault with you. Its their salon and at the end of the day it will look bad on them if the therapist that should of been there at 10 hasn't turned up.

If it was me I would of phoned as soon as I woke up to say that I was running late and to double check there were no clients booked in or waiting. Yes they should of phoned you and let you know a client was about to leave and took her number but they didn't and I can see why that is annoying for you.

They don't sound very nice and I would be annoyed about having stuff dumped on my couch. Just grit your teeth and try and get through the next few days. :hug:

I feel very sorry for you honey and they are being very unprofessional! They are obviously annoyed that your leaving in that sense they are losing income...but "that's life"!

I rent an apartment that I own and I know one day my tenants might want to leave as long as they inform me in the correct way with notice then that's fine! They shouldn't be moving your stuff and distorting advertising material!

I too like you don't do confrontation etc, I'd just lay low and wait for the storm to pass, be professional and each night leave a note on your book that says "I wil be in 10am tomorrow 15th September"! That's what I would do!

Remember your leaving the salon soon and I know that once someone has left a salon your name is sometimes dirt, so just smile, do your job and remember it will be over soon!

I'd even buy them some flowers and card to say "thank you"....DONT ever give someone fuel to their fire don't give people any reason to be annoyed or say a bad word about you! The nicer you are the more guilty they will feel about being petty!

Good luck sweetie xx

It's only another few days my darling so just grin and bear it! They make themselves look silly by the way they are behaving.

As Angelina said, just make sure you put a big black line through any times you do not want to work.

Not long now! :green:

Latest posts

Back