Having trouble with fitting forms on curvy nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
I had a client today who had a really deep curve on some of her nails found it really hard to get the form to fit flush up to the nail, is there an easy way round this?

Thanks xx

Hi

I would probably use velocity tips instead of sculpting on this client. My mum has very dramatic C-curve and sculpting takes forever because the forms are so hard to fit properly. I gave up in the end and now only ever use velocity on her.

hth.x

A sculpting class will show you how to fit forms to all types of nails.

A sculpting class will show you how to fit forms to all types of nails.

I agree a form can be fit to any nail type including a dramatic c-curve but it definitely takes longer to faff around with forms on a challenging nail than a velocity (which is designed for the job).

Just make sure you take the natural nails down as much as possible, but still leaving a free edge to fit them under.. Make sure your form is well curved before trying to fit it under the free edge.. Your forms might need a little altering to get it down at the right angle..

I have found that with nails with a deep c curve if you file away the natural free edge at an angle towards the centre, where the side wall meets the hyponichium the forms will fit more easily.

If you are talking nails with deep side walls, they are a bit more tricky and do need a bit more tailoring of the form as the free edge shape is quite square and the forms are a bit too oval shaped for a fit without tailoring.

If you are talking nails with deep side walls, they are a bit more tricky and do need a bit more tailoring of the form as the free edge shape is quite square and the forms are a bit too oval shaped for a fit without tailoring.

Exactly, dramatic C's are easy, just cut the mouth of the form straight.. its the same sort of C curve as dealing with Square C's... Un touched (un tailored) forms hardly ever fit anyones nails IMO very rarely do I use them straight off the roll without having to tailor, it is a treat when I can thou!

Didn't someone do a tut on customising forms? I'm sure there was one but I can't find it anywhere.

Didn't someone do a tut on customising forms? I'm sure there was one but I can't find it anywhere.

Pretty sure its in the sculpting tutorial

I posted that tutorial,but now is gone.You can e-mail me and I'll send you a copy.

I want one too please!

I posted that tutorial,but now is gone.You can e-mail me and I'll send you a copy.
I remember seeing your tutorial, it was excellent... would you mind reposting it for us please Lana :hug:

maybe I'm getting confused lol she was a nail biter so really did'nt have much free edge, I curved the for before trying to slot it in and it would'nt fit flush under her nail is this deep side walls instead then? xx

maybe I'm getting confused lol she was a nail biter so really did'nt have much free edge, I curved the for before trying to slot it in and it would'nt fit flush under her nail is this deep side walls instead then? xx

Oh okay yeah, then like everyone else says, adjust the form or, use a tip.. If I have bad nail biters I usually talk them into a custom blended manicure to extend the look of the nail bed, so I usually use tips on them..

I remember seeing your tutorial, it was excellent... would you mind reposting it for us please Lana :hug:
Thanks to Sandi you can find my post in Misc Tutorials.

Latest posts

Back