Having trouble with my nail graphix glitter help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

Having bother with my new nail graphix (diamonds in the rough) don't want to keep bothering Fiona so thought some geeks might be able to help me lol
I sculpt so put a thin layer of clear on form to start with that was a nightmare cant seem to get it thin enough ! then when I try putting the graphix on its either not coming of my brush or falling off the form:mad: what on earth am I doing wrong? I have tried working wetter same problems, love the sparkles but just cant seem to get it right I'm dreading a client asking me to do it on them. Help ! lol

Sound like you have not quite got to grips with your mix ratio. The more sparkles the wetter I have to work with nail graphix.
Give Fiona a PM she'll be pleased to advise you, nothing is ever too much trouble for her.

i find i have to work slightly wetter when using glitter
fionas nail graphix are great as you mix them to a required measure with powder so no guess work
but when ive mixed some glitters myself, the more glitter you have than powder( i e the glitter is denser) the harder it is to work with, so i need to add a bit more powder
basically its trial and error, you just need a bit more practise with it i think.

i personally prefer glitter mixes to white as i find its easier to get a great sharp smile line!

keep on trying dont let it put you off, glitters are great to add on to your service menu x

Just a very obvious question here, but did you top up the pots with powder when you received them. I had someone ask me something the other day and she had not read any of the instructions and was using straight from the pot without having added any powder.

You can sculpt with the glitter mix - if you do clear then glitter, then clear to cap then you will get a thick nail.

I use a dappen dish and after immersing my brush, if I was picking up a "French" bead I would wipe about 3 times, with glitter I might wipe once, then into the glitter, count to 3 and then lift up, wait and then apply to the form, wait and then move it where you want it, if you need more then repeat.

Do all 5 and then go back and apply clear to cap and then do the pink to the nails.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

Please feel free to bother me anytime LOL.

i personally prefer glitter mixes to white as i find its easier to get a great sharp smile line!

I so agree with this I always find my smiles are better with glitter, wierd but so true.

Ha ha, used this exact glitter tonight on client... never used before. I popped it on and then went to do my zone 2 and zone 1's glitter mingled in with my zone 2! whoops. So, quickly worked out NOT to do zone 2 before ALL zone 1's!
I put the z 2 and 3 on then cap thinly over all... worked a treat - happy happy client too!
The glitter does get kind of stuck in brush but when you wipe after application and before going back for more liquid, it wipes out fine.
Glitter EVERY where tho! lol.

I so agree with this I always find my smiles are better with glitter, wierd but so true.

Oh i agree too! i feel it takes longer for the glitter to 'set' so i have more working time to get the smile nicer ;)
every time i have to do a normal french (white) i almost hyperventilate! :lol::rolleyes:

I use the NSI coloured glitters, i got some mixing pots from Ebay, they are the same size as the glitter pots and i just miz them up as i need them, that way you can experiment witht the colours, the NSI coloured acrylic is brill you get mixing scoops with it so you know exactly how much your mixing.

and i also agree i panic when i have to do a "normal" set, much easier with the glitter.......

Latest posts

Back