Having trouble with The Gel Bottle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaloNails

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying out a few different gel polishes at the moment as I want to convert from Gelish to a vegan and cruelty free brand. I've heard lots of great things about The Gel Bottle and love the look of their colours and products etc so I was holding out every hope that they were going to be amazing. I've tried Rose Gold colour and I've tried the normal base and too coat and the rubber base and too coat on my own nails and also on quite a few models, but I'm not really getting good results at all ☹️ Over natural nails the gel doesn't feel very strong at all and then I've found that the top coat and colour are chipping from the free edge after just a few days. I've even tried two and three coats of top coat with normal too coat and rubber too coat but they still don't feel very strong and still chip. I'm starting to wonder if it's the colour?? Or is there any advise anyone could give me that has converted from Gelish to The Gel Bottle? Is there anything different I should be doing? I'm really disappointed as I was looking forward to using them ☹️

I have the same problem with rose gold peeling at the free edge

I haven’t had any issues with them at all. The rubber top and base are great and last my clients 3 weeks

I'm loving TGB and have no issues with rose gold. Is it potentially a curing issue? You mention you're trying a few brands but are you using the correct lamps? I believe it needs to be at least 48w for TGB.

I don't use the gel bottle but on their website it says not to double top coat

"We strongly advise against double top coating as with the non-wipe nature of the top coats; a second layer will peel off due to having no tacky layer to adhere too."

Maybe try another rubber base coat underneath the top coat?? Also what pp said about not curing properly due to incorrect lamp.

I have not had this issue and find TGB last weeks. Could be the lamp you are using. Also if you're doing really thin coats then you're likely to have issues as you need to apply it a little thicker.

I haven't experienced these problems either with TGB and agree with @VintageEsmerelda that a thicker coat is needed to avoid chipping. It's the complete opposite to most other brands. Also, using the correct lamp with TGB is vital. Also, are you just using acetone to prep/dehydrate the nail plate?

I have used Jessica Geleration for years but have had issues with their gel polishes recently so have been trialing the Gel Bottle. I have found chipping on the free edge, have tried 2 in 1 base and rubber base and both have chipped. I am using the Gel Bottle lamp so it's not that. I want to love it as application is faultless but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I think I read somewhere that Gel Bottle should be applied thicker than other brands, is that right?

All gel polishes are vegan and cruelty free. Testing on animals was banned under European cosmetic directive in 2012, which the UK regulations copied from. Only synthetic chemicals and pigments are used in gel polishes.

On the other hand, perhaps consider human rights when buying products made in certain countries.

If you are still considering other brands then I would recommend trying Lecente gel polishes. Beautiful glitter and holographic colours, very different to Shellac (which is the other brand I use). Lecente do a trial kit to try out. Great customer support and live tutorials to help you. The gel is harder than cnd shellac but still soaks off.
https://lecente.com

I have not tried TGB builders and base products, but their polish's are to die for and are always a go to for my clients. Never had any issues and can handle being thicker then Ugly Duckling without wrinkling.

Latest posts

Back