hayfever

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emmalouisa

Reaction score
hi does anyone suffer from bad hayfever im on telfast now plus eyedrops ive tried everything i even cant work tonite it looks like ive been hit in the eye and feels like grit is in them, my doctors are useless anyone know of anything else i can do i just cant cope xxxx

Hi Emma
Hope You Are Feeling A Bit Better!
My Husband Has Hayfever And He Tried Everything Before Discovering Beconase, He Swears By It.
You Can Buy This At Boots .
Hth
Lorrainex

If you find the answer let me know cos Im suffering right here with ya.
My son & me fight over the pills ... to add more insult to it, its all so damn costly too isnt it.
{{{{Hugs}}}

emmalouisa said:
hi does anyone suffer from bad hayfever im on telfast now plus eyedrops ive tried everything i even cant work tonite it looks like ive been hit in the eye and feels like grit is in them, my doctors are useless anyone know of anything else i can do i just cant cope xxxx
#

Hi Em: Sorry to hear that your hayfever is as bad as ever. Look on the bright side: at least you're not driving back from me on the motorway :rolleyes: .

hi i used to use that beconase stuff when i was a kid and it was fab, i remember i was always snotty and it really helped it , you might aswell give it a try ,

Hi

I find that you need to keep taking your medication even when you feel well so that you don't get such a severe attack.
I also find that ice cold water on the face calms things down, either that or a facecloth over the eyes and nose area.
Have you tried any complementary therapies - homeopathic remedies are sold in boots.
Hope you feel better soon, it's a horrible thing to have.
All the best
jane x

lol caz i will go out and buy beconse as well my nose is ok its the eyes x

thanxs 4 all you suggestions xx

emmalouisa said:
lol caz i will go out and buy beconse as well my nose is ok its the eyes x

thanxs 4 all you suggestions xx
Dont bother with Beconase if your nose is okay - its not gonna help your eyes hunny, lol. Is the Telfast not helping at all?

i am a hayfever sufferer myself and i too use telfast, the only problem i find with it is it seems to dry my nose up and it feels quite annoying :(

one of my friends suffers really badly with hayfever every year and he smears the inside of his nostrils with a light coating of vaseline and he swears it helps a lot because it stops the pollen or whatever causes the hayfever from being absobed in through the lining of the nose....i've never tried it so i cant comment personally but as i said he swears by it.

stanleyann

stanleyann said:
one of my friends suffers really badly with hayfever every year and he smears the inside of his nostrils with a light coating of vaseline and he swears it helps a lot because it stops the pollen or whatever causes the hayfever from being absobed in through the lining of the nose....i've never tried it so i cant comment personally but as i said he swears by it.

stanleyann
I do this too sometimes with mixed results. Also you have to remember not to go out like it, lmao!

Hi Emma,

I have eye drops called rapitil, They work wonders for me and I get it quite bad. I know how your feeling hun its horrible

Luv

sarah

thanxs guys ve used and spent so much money this year i am going back to the doctors ive been on telfast for 7 days so i better give it another week to get into my system it has helped my nose but my eyes are sore 24 hrs aday even today when its raining xxx i have a dog now i got hin last year could he make it worse ???

I would of thought not, unless your allergic to dogs aswell as pollen hun

emmalouisa said:
have you tried aromatherapy oils???

put 1 drop each of chamomile and lemon essential oils on a tissue and inhale.

OR

put 2 drops of each: chamomile, geranium, and 1 drop of lavender into bath water.

OR

massage the neck, chesg and back with: 2 drops chamomile, 1 drop geranium and 1 drop lemon diluted in 1 teaspoon of almond oil.

other oils that can be used are peppermint, clove and rosemary.

because hay fever affects people in different ways, treatment is often a case of trial and error, so experiment with the oils.

these little recipies were taken from my copy of The Fragrance Pharmacy by valerie ann wormwood.

hope this might help - if all else fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back