HD Brow alongside brow shaping headache

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Sorry for being the one to post the 1 millionth HD Brow thread but I am a little stuck and could do with some friendly advice.

I currently offer HD Brows for £26. I used to offer a wax for £8 and a tint and wax for £10 and was always planning on putting this price up but now I cannot decide whether I should keep it on at all.

I have a few much older clients who simply wouldnt be interested in HD Brows, I know because I have asked them, but I don't want to suddently not be able to treat them. I cannot however now look at a brow without shaping it the HD way and I am worried some of my existing clients will catch on and just start booking in for a tint and wax. Yes I know it doesnt include the threading and make up but all the measuring etc I now do by eye and most of my ladies now do their make up pretty well after my teaching them!

How do you ladies that were already trained in brow shaping manage this? ebating putting my brow shaping up to £15?

I am meant to be moving into a new premises soon and an currently updating my pricelist s now is the perfect time to decide!

Thankyou

Zooks

I would also be interested in some advice about this as I'm in the same situation with billion dollar brows :-/

When I do a brow shape now I literally just follow where they normally have the hairs removed previously. I'm never happy and feel like I've done a crap job because to me now,they just look awful! But like you say some people either will not pay or just don't like the hd brow look. I still use a spatula snapped in half so that makes it easier, as you can't 'swizzle'

I think it would be a shame to refuse normal waxing and tinting for your regular clients, however annoying it now is to do. It's a tough one, but I just try not to think about it and like I said follow where they normally have removed and don't look at their brows to much! It's more difficult on a new client, I had a girl in the other day with Virgin brows! I just couldn't bare to ruin them, so I got my orange wood stick out and did the design. I couldn't help myself 🙈 xx

Exactly, these ladies with beautiful full brows would look incredible with HD and not a starightforward wax.

God I don't think I could use a spatula now, I am so used to swizzling, funny what you learn isn't it!

I am just doing my research and in actual fact I am the lowest in my area for brow shaping and I am in the most expensive area...time for a rethink!

Any one else any suggestions?

a tint and wax for £10 does seem to be really cheap I've only just started out doing waxing tinting and Hi brow treatment

my prices are the following

Wax, thread, pluck £8
Tint £7.50
Eyelash Tint £8.50

All 3 £21

Hi brow £18.5
+ eye lash tint £24

Just Tint with hi brow powders £10.5

I'm mobile my prices are about £1.50 more than local salons but cheaper than city center . To be honest I cant see the hi brow keeping going in the long run because I do the same when I shape and tint so effectivley i'm just applying make up which once they've brought the kit they can do that bit them selves i'm nit sure how that works with you.:rolleyes:

You could try finishing your normal tint and waxs with the pencil and pallet( at no extra charge) to show them how amazing they COULD look. See if you can convert them? It's a personal choice I guess, at the refresher course this question came up,and all the trainers said they wouldn't even entertain doing a normal wax and tint. It's wether you're prepared to lose those clients. I think putting your prices up would be a good idea though! Hopefully will make people think well it's only a couple of pound more! Xx

Thanks Ladies.

I think HD has longevity, it's just about how to apply it. I'm not sure for HI Brow but I don't know much about the treatment. I chose HD because it's branding and marketing is so great.

I am debating putting my price up to £15 from £8 though which is a heck of a leap but I think my brow shaping is worth it.

If I had a junior I would book brow shapes in with them and purely do HDs myself but it's not a luxury I have right now.

Do you use HD brows tint and wax when you do the normal tint and wax?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Do you use HD brows tint and wax when you do the normal tint and wax?

I do. I charge £30 for HD and £10 for an eyebrow wax. It takes me 2 mins to do a tidy so easy money for me. HD is suited or wanted by everyone. X

I do. I charge £30 for HD and £10 for an eyebrow wax. It takes me 2 mins to do a tidy so easy money for me. HD is suited or wanted by everyone. X

I guess you have to justify whether clients would pay £20 extra for threading and makeup. Especially, once you've taught them how to apply it, they would only come back for wax and tint. I definitely think you should increase to £18 for wax, tint and shape. For only wax or tint £12. In that way, you are not selling yourself short. I will probably do about the same with my pricing.

I had a cut off point at the time I did the HD course. Any new clients (or old ones that had not been for six months) could only book for HD's after I did the course. I really worried at the time that I would lose old clients and new ones would ask "why is aunty Vera having hers done cheaper?". But on the whole people recognise the HD way is a diffrent method and takes longer, justifying a higher cost. I can't help but do 'HD things' in regular treatment but I use diffrent products so it is something diffrent.I dont even put my 'old way' treatments on my menu anymore as people who have it done know the cost and I can update prices by telling them in advance, makes it easier than explaining to new clients to ignore part of the menu as it is not for them. :D

Yes I use the same tint for non HD as it doesnt make sense to order two different types, I don't use the same wax but that's a whollllle other story.

I was contemaplating keeping my few who have a shape and tint on a similar price and perhaps just offering the new clients HD or a Brow wax at £15 and not offer a cheaper price for a wax and tint??

Offer a brow wax at £15 and a brow tint at £10 and that's that so they may aswell have HD?

I do billion dollar brows not HD but in same position. I only offer two brow treatments - billion dollar brows for £20 or a standard brow wax for £7. If clients want a wax and tint they have to have the full bdb treatment x

Thanks Meira, I have a couple of ladies who only have a tint hence why I want to keep it on the list but I figured if I increase it (only by £3!) and don't offer a combi it may work.

Oh I wish I didn't do brows before!

It should make it easier for me as I am moving I guess, so launching all over again but within the same area!

Thanks Meira, I have a couple of ladies who only have a tint hence why I want to keep it on the list but I figured if I increase it (only by £3!) and don't offer a combi it may work.

Oh I wish I didn't do brows before!

It should make it easier for me as I am moving I guess, so launching all over again but within the same area!

Yes that would make it easier. I opened my home salon around the same time I did the bdb training and wasn't starting with an existing client base.

Good luck with the relaunch! Xx

Hi.
I do HDs in 45 mins for £30 and a wax & tint for £15 in 15 mins so I don't mind which they have.
I say a wax and tint is just tidying up what you already have and HD Brows is redesigning the perfect brow for you.
In fact I have a few ladies that have had HDs for a year, have grown in an amazing shape and now we just so a tint & tidy

Hi.
I do HDs in 45 mins for £30 and a wax & tint for £15 in 15 mins so I don't mind which they have.
I say a wax and tint is just tidying up what you already have and HD Brows is redesigning the perfect brow for you.
In fact I have a few ladies that have had HDs for a year, have grown in an amazing shape and now we just so a tint & tidy

See this is the bit that I personally struggle with. I get that it doesn't make much of a difference to you cost wise which treatment they have, which is good. However I struggle with the clients that have been having hd brows for a while and once they get their shape, revert to having a wax and tint. I personally want to keep the two, as two completely different treatments. We did get told on the training that they are bringing in an 'express' treatment (I believe it was for the Virgin beauty lounge thing in airports, could be wrong) which you learn on either your pro or masters course. This sounded quite good to do on those clients that have their perfect shape. If I remember correctly though I don't think it included a tint xx

Zooks, I would suggest putting your tint up to £10 or £12 and keeping the wax at £10 but don't finish off with make up. Then they will realise the benefit of paying for HD. Hope that's of some help. x

Yes I'm in much the same boat also. The first thing I did was look at my prices and at least put them up by inflation! Realistically, if you measure and correct you are not doing a tidy but a reshape. We have a reshape price but we never seem to charge it.

I guess it is about time to get firm, point out to the client that their brows need rebalancing and explain that this will take more time and therefore will cost a bit more.

I always explain about our BDB shape and do a little make up on them once as a taster and see if I can convert them, explaining that BDB is a 30 min treatment compared to less than 10 mins for a brow tidy. I explain that BDB is a monthly treatment whereas most ladies come in more frequently for a tidy, so the price difference isn't that great and worth it for the end result. I say how much I learnt from my training and how I couldn't go back.

After they have had the first freebie that's it. A tidy is just a tidy.

Our prices are £8.75 tidy, £10 reshape, £15 tint and shape. I try not to remove above the brow unless it's a BDB as this is a brow def treatment and not a standard tidy or shape. We charge £25 for BDB and our clients are delighted. I tell clients it is like paying to have their nails painted. They can do this at home, but it always looks better if they have them done in salon and it's the same difference between BDB and an ordinary shape or tidy.

See this is the bit that I personally struggle with. I get that it doesn't make much of a difference to you cost wise which treatment they have, which is good. However I struggle with the clients that have been having hd brows for a while and once they get their shape, revert to having a wax and tint. I personally want to keep the two, as two completely different treatments. We did get told on the training that they are bringing in an 'express' treatment (I believe it was for the Virgin beauty lounge thing in airports, could be wrong) which you learn on either your pro or masters course. This sounded quite good to do on those clients that have their perfect shape. If I remember correctly though I don't think it included a tint xx

I have 50+ clients on my books that have HD brows. Not one of them has ever booked in for a brow wax on it's own, not one. Some of my clients have had 20+ HD treatments but they love it so much they only have HD regardless of if they're brows are perfect or not.xx

Latest posts

Back