HD brows..fab or total fad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ladies,

How much is the training for HD Brows?

x

My commercial antenna is calling HD brows as a fad. Training costs are high because they know their "moment" is gonna be brief.

My thoughts exactly

Re inventing the wheel springs to mind. I did enquire about HD brows about 18 months ago,but the price tag of nigh on £1000 was too expensive and I believe I can do the same treatment without the course. Definately a fad

I've been in the industry for 17 years and like to think I can spot a 'fad' quite easily. I do think HD Brows is a jazzed up version of a tint and shape and I'm intrigued as to why it's so popular.
Having a salon, I like to keep on trend and regularly go on training courses and offer new treatments when they surface. The training for HD Brows costs £1020 inc VAT so charging £25 per treatment, I'd cover that cost in 41 treatments before making a profit from it. I probably carry out 30 brow shapes a week (on average) so it wouldn't take long to do.

I watched the training vid and if I'm honest, rolled my eyes a few times. I understand the need for the theory input if you're not a therapist but wish they did a 'Qualified therapist' training option that cuts out the BS. I tint my own brows and they do fade fast so assumed the tint used by HD Brows was somehow more permanent. Maybe they offer more shades?

I take my hat off to the marketing team as the brand name is out there now and I have to say the palette and pencils look good and the prices sound reasonable.

Still undecided as to start offering this as I'm hoping to train in permanent cosmetics this year.

I had my HD brows done today, I absolutely love them.

I already thread and tint clients brows but I LOVE MY SHAPE. For me, it was a well spent £25, will I go back every 4- 6 weeks, prob not, but I may go every 3 months just to get the shape back and maintain them.

I do have before and after pics but have no idea how to upload them from my phone :eek:

The cant be too obvious because one of my friends and my hubby didnt even know I had them done!!!!!!! However, it was the first thing my mum noticed, she loved them.

I didnt get them because they were HD brows, I got them because I like that shape and Im a very happy bunny :green:

One of my staff had HD Brows done and was told the tint would last for weeks and came off in days.....

Opinions please...........

HD brows is not a miracle treatment, that has magic steps in it. The tint is not a special tint although a very good one. It's not the waxing, tinting, tweezing etc that makes HD Brows, but these steps are used and taught slightly differently to create the HD brow. HD brows focuses on brow design.

Like any tint or hair dye if you use harsh facial products or wash your hair everyday, nothing will last forever and with each individual person the tint will last different lengths of time. How you are taught to look at eyebrows and redesign brows is what makes HD brows amazing. They have fantastic branding and are well known. HD brows was one of the best treatments I've taken on, I'm continually booked up and all my clients want HD brows not any other brows.

It is up to each individual person to decide if they want to invest into this fantastic treatment. Like any treatment it's is very unfair of anyone who has not done the treatment and knows nothing about it to bad mouth the treatment because they don't want to spend the money on the training. Also as said many many times before it is not the product it is the technician/stylist that makes the end result so if someone gets it done once and found it awful then maybe they need to look for a better stylist.

Ah! That sounds like the crux of the matter. The Shape!

So, if I've done Permanent Make Up (with Nouveau) AND I can tint and wax And use a powder palette- Have I in fact covered most of the HD brow syllabus? Sounds that way to me.

IMHO - you can also only shape the brow, if the hairs exist to shape with in the first place. I advise my thin-browed clients that they will have to suffer and regrow the hairs if they want a glamorous brow. Often, they just don't have the patience.

I also note that a lot of the promotional pics for HD brows are for dark-haired women who had a brow to start with!

And the reason I do Permanent Make Up in the first place is because tint simply doesn't last on skin!

BTW: I also think Nouveau is a great company. Great products, great trainers and obviously, GREAT marketing.....!

My eyebrows are quite sparse and light.

Even if I left them for a few months they wouldnt be bushy, I really want to get HD done to re shape and re design them.

Does anyone know if you can have this done if you have thin eyebrows?
You can have still have the HD treatment, but your results might just be a bit more limited depending on the hair you have. I have had fantastic results from sparse eyebrows

same here Im already trained in tinting, threading, makeup and Waxing so didnt see the point of shelling out £100s for someone to teach me something I already knew. We offer a treatment called 5 step brow (Tint, Thread, Wax, Pluck and Define using pencil)

Lots if therapists who do the training comment on how they thought they "done great brows" till they trained in HD

Last edited:
Lots if therapists who do the training comment on how they thought they "done great brows" till they trained in HD

Yip most therapists if not everyone I've come across go have said they thought they did good brows or knew about brow shaping until they trained in HD brows.

I've just had a look on the nouveu website (can't spell it) looked at hd training dates & there all full for weeks & they run regular classes!

I'm being swayed into doing it now.....

I understand it's very expensive but does anyone know exactly how much? I'm totally new to waxing tinting etc.. so I understand I can do the 2 day class with no previous experience?
will I pick it up fairly ok having no prior experience in waxing etc.. thanks x

I've just had a look on the nouveu website (can't spell it) looked at hd training dates & there all full for weeks & they run regular classes!

I'm being swayed into doing it now.....

I understand it's very expensive but does anyone know exactly how much? I'm totally new to waxing tinting etc.. so I understand I can do the 2 day class with no previous experience?
will I pick it up fairly ok having no prior experience in waxing etc.. thanks x

The price I've been quoted from the fingertips centre in edinburgh is £895 + vat! and to book I'd need to pay £500 + vat deposit! Very pricey indeed but it is a 2 day course and u get the FULL HD kit which apparently lasts for a while! I'm planning on booking up soon (credit card of course hehe)
I've had HD brows done twice and loved them! Since the last time i had them done ive maintained my shape by threading and tinting but will defo get them done again soon, every 2 months or so.

I love spending time on my clients eyebrows and pride myself on giving them the shape and look they want. I do waxing, threading, tinting and tweezing and agree u can get a great look with all that but HD brows consists of a low temperature wax which u CAN use above the eyebrow as well as threading, tweezing, tinting and pencil! However, not everyone has easy eyebrows (e.g scars, hairs missing etc) I've told quite a few of my clients about hd brows and every one of them have been so intrigued, especially the ones who have just accepted they've tweezed their brows away to nothing and they wont grow back! So i think for those people especially it will take off! The tint does also dye the skin, as well as scars and the hair and their tools to maintain that hd shape are great!

I agree once people hear about Hd and have seen results for themselves - they want HD BROWS, not just your own version xx

i enquired about it the other day and it was around £850 not including vat.. but alot of people are saying different prices that hd have told them?
also if you can do threading tinting and waxing which i can do you really need to do the training? i mean i would love to if i had the money to spare but i watch a couple of videos on you tube about hd brows and it give alot of tips. xx

I had mine done and looked like Groucho Marx ! when I got home my 2boys asked why I had coloured my eyebrows in with marker pen ! Seriously ! My point is the product can be the best on the planet but shape colour etc is down to the technician, I now have mine threaded and they are amazing.
Just because you are paying to use HD it doesn't necessarily mean the brows will automatically be the best.

do you think you can get as many clients if you didnt offer hd brows and made your own name up?

I'm not sure that if I asked my friends that are not in the business if they would like HD's done they would have a clue what they are, ask your friends/clients if they know, if they are all really clued up about it then it might be a good thing for you to do but tbh I think if you do a good job on a clients brows wether it be , tweezing waxing threading you will get more and more clients through word of mouth.

I trained in HD Brows in 2010. I had my brows done on the course and to be honest, they didn't look that much different to what they were but that's because my therapist is very good at doing brows.
Some people are going to learn more than others and some people will learn nothing new.
I've always waxed the top of eyebrows anyway so that was nothing new. You can wax above the eyebrow with any wax not just the HD wax. I personally don't like their wax and find it is too harsh on the skin so I use my own. Everything else I use is HD but not the wax. Also, every tint will tint your skin. The tint is a bog standard tint and nothing special. I use their tint if doing a HD procedure but for every other client I use Refectocil and I find this a far superior tint.
It's complete crap to say that no-one can do brows as good as HD Brows.
The brows are only as good as the therapist doing them. I've seen some really good HD Brows and some truly appalling ones.
What you are buying into though is the brand. They advertise in the glossy magazines and the stars have them done and so consequently people see this and they want HD Brows. They will go on to the salon finder and find a therapist. None of us can afford that kind of advertising so even if you do the best brows ever, you can't reach out to a wider audience.
Most of the clients I have had for HD have been new clients and some of these clients have gone on to have other treatments done at the salon.
There is no magic formula, it is not a new brow shape and no, some of you will learn nothing new, but, you are buying into a brand that is big at the moment.
Some people will think it's a waste of money and that's fine, if you don't want to do it then don't. Some people like me, jumped on the bandwagon and are reaping the rewards!

Last edited:
do you think you can get as many clients if you didnt offer hd brows and made your own name up?

I kinda do, I get about 4 a week, and they come back, I do eyebrow enhancement for £15. They don't look as good as HD's I must say but they are nearly there, more of a natural look. But I don't add all the make up after as I found when I had hds after I washed they just basically washed off as well x

Latest posts

Back