HD Brows-need reassurance from those who are HD trained

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about doing the course if you have never waxed a brow in your life?

Would I struggle to pick it up? most of you ladies wax already but I've never done any waxing at all xxx

i've never waxed before.. picked it up no problem:wink2:

as for threading....way more practice needed:eek::eek:!!

I love this thread I am about to book my training too!!

Bridget x

Would someone mind pm'ing me how much per HD treatment costs you, so that I can work out profit, I would be mobile. I'm trying to convince my other half that I NEED to do this training x

Well done Curvygirl! I don't do HD brows at the moment but it sounds very promising! :D

Would someone mind pm'ing me how much per HD treatment costs you, so that I can work out profit, I would be mobile. I'm trying to convince my other half that I NEED to do this training x

Can someone message me this same info please? Thank you ladies xx

I am wondering whether to now bring this treatment into my salon...I have always read the articles on here about it with great interest. I went to the stand today at the prof beauty and saw a demo of it. Talked to a few of the staff (quite a few that loved themselves, but there was one nice one!) about it and things. Now then, I would love to learn the techniques but I have a few queries about it....

Do you have to use and retail their brow kits? I use and stock Jane Iredale and love their brand - I am reluctant to put the hd one on.

Do I have to use their wax and tint? I use Refectocil and in order to not have to confuse patch testing, would like to just use the one brand, ideally sticking with the one I already use. I also use hot wax for brows as from bitter personal experience, i feel strip wax is too aggressive on the skin around eyebrows.

I am asking this, as I don't feel I will get a fair answer if I ask the company themselves, and as a lot of you are already doing the treatment, I would love to know what you do! Thanks!

I am wondering whether to now bring this treatment into my salon...I have always read the articles on here about it with great interest. I went to the stand today at the prof beauty and saw a demo of it. Talked to a few of the staff (quite a few that loved themselves, but there was one nice one!) about it and things. Now then, I would love to learn the techniques but I have a few queries about it....

Do you have to use and retail their brow kits? I use and stock Jane Iredale and love their brand - I am reluctant to put the hd one on.

Do I have to use their wax and tint? I use Refectocil and in order to not have to confuse patch testing, would like to just use the one brand, ideally sticking with the one I already use. I also use hot wax for brows as from bitter personal experience, i feel strip wax is too aggressive on the skin around eyebrows.

I am asking this, as I don't feel I will get a fair answer if I ask the company themselves, and as a lot of you are already doing the treatment, I would love to know what you do! Thanks!

I actually don't use their wax. I do use a strip wax though as you need to be able to wax any excess tint off which you can't do with non strip wax. I found their wax too harsh on the skin. I use a cream strip wax.
I do have some of their brow kits but I don't personally like them as they are quite powdery. I sell Christian brows kits in my salon as well but some people want the hd kits. I sell the pencils too.
It is quite hard to sell products that you don't use yourself. I'm a big MAC fan and always use MAC on myself but everyone is different.
Some people may have already bought hd brow sets before and if they know you do hd then they may come in to your salon just to buy a kit so it's always best to have some in. Different horses for different courses!

HDBrows prefer you to use there branded tints, wax, etc etc Its all in the brand guidelines when you've done the training. Patch tests are preformed using a patch transfer applied just like a child's tattoo to the inner arm. These are expensive though, If I remember of the top of my head they're £20 for 15 or 20 for £15, one of the 2!! But they're just branded colour start patches. Tint is Hairwells, again branded now for HDBrows and you have to use it. I only use HDBrows items but the swizzle sticks I've stopped buying from them as I felt £1.95 for 20 was too expensive when I can get 100 for less than £5!

Thank you for your replies - they're much appreciated. You mentioned that it says they prefer you to use their products in their guidelines - are these enforced at all do you know? And I'm assuming you don't have to do the patch tests like this?? Obviously I'm speculating! Would a patch test on the crease of the elbow or behind the ear not count as it would for regular tinting? Sorry for the Spanish Inquisition!

I actually don't use their wax. I do use a strip wax though as you need to be able to wax any excess tint off which you can't do with non strip wax. I found their wax too harsh on the skin. I use a cream strip wax.
I do have some of their brow kits but I don't personally like them as they are quite powdery. I sell Christian brows kits in my salon as well but some people want the hd kits. I sell the pencils too.
It is quite hard to sell products that you don't use yourself. I'm a big MAC fan and always use MAC on myself but everyone is different.
Some people may have already bought hd brow sets before and if they know you do hd then they may come in to your salon just to buy a kit so it's always best to have some in. Different horses for different courses!

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean you retail the hd brow pencils? Or the Christian ones?

Me too pls? anymore info would also be fab...

I'm in the process of saving to do this course :)

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean you retail the hd brow pencils? Or the Christian ones?

I retail the HD brow pencils. I use the pencils with every treatment and they last for ages!

I retail the HD brow pencils. I use the pencils with every treatment and they last for ages!

Ah ok thanks for replying :) you mentioned that you don't use their wax - do you use their tint or the tint brand you use for other tint treatments (assuming they are not the same)?

Where did you do your training for the HI Brow Jo?

Ah ok thanks for replying :) you mentioned that you don't use their wax - do you use their tint or the tint brand you use for other tint treatments (assuming they are not the same)?

I use Refectocil tint in the salon for all other clients but for HD treatments then I use their tint.
It's just their wax I don't use and I did ask about this and they said that they would prefer that you use their wax. It is harsh though and I'm not risking taking someone's skin off when the wax I use is a lot gentler.
I do have the brow palettes but I very rarely use them as, like I said before, they are quite powdery and I make such a mess-lol

I use Refectocil tint in the salon for all other clients but for HD treatments then I use their tint.
It's just their wax I don't use and I did ask about this and they said that they would prefer that you use their wax. It is harsh though and I'm not risking taking someone's skin off when the wax I use is a lot gentler.
I do have the brow palettes but I very rarely use them as, like I said before, they are quite powdery and I make such a mess-lol

Thanks for replying again :) yeah I use Refectocil too. Good to hear your way of doing the treatment, thankyou. Makes me mor reassured that you wouldn't have to do everything as they say. Can I ask why you use their tints though as opposed to the Refectocil? Is that choice or them making you?

My skin blistered with the HD wax and the therapist that did it said she had never had it with any other wax, only theirs and Ive spoken to others who have said the same so when organising my training I spoke to them about using another wax and they said I HAD to use their wax.

The also insist you use their tint, which is a shame as I adore refctocil but it is part of the system, the brand. No different to me using Shellac and then sticking a gelish topcoat over it I guess and that is something I wouldnt be seen dead doing!

Im not keen on it atall though and don't plan to use it! Everything else but not the wax!

Yes you must use their products tint etc otherwise it's not full HD. Only HD stylists can buy HD branded items whereas anyone in industry can buy other brands of tint etc. my clients like and feel reassured when they see that every single item I use on them is HD Branded xx

Latest posts

Back