HD Brows-need reassurance from those who are HD trained

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curvygirl

Reaction score
I have paid for my HD Brows training on 18/19 feb and am looking forward to it changing my business forever, but have made the mistake of reading some threads here on SG where brow techs who havent trained in HD have said it's a waste of money, you're just buying into the brand as same technique as they're already doing etc.

I decided to go the HD Brow route because my clients are asking for it by name. Some are paying £40 to have it done at Harvey Nicks in Manchester as they cant find a HD stylist closer.

So I'm asking anyone who's now a HD brow stylist - are you glad you trained in HD Brows? Has it significantly changed your life/business? Any regrets?

please feel free to PM me if you'd rather keep your comments private.

I just want reassurance as I think reality has just hit that I've spent £1050 on training.....:Scared::Scared::Scared:

I have paid for my HD Brows training on 18/19 feb and am looking forward to it changing my business forever, but have made the mistake of reading some threads here on SG where brow techs who havent trained in HD have said it's a waste of money, you're just buying into the brand as same technique as they're already doing etc.

I decided to go the HD Brow route because my clients are asking for it by name. Some are paying £40 to have it done at Harvey Nicks in Manchester as they cant find a HD stylist closer.

So I'm asking anyone who's now a HD brow stylist - are you glad you trained in HD Brows? Has it significantly changed your life/business? Any regrets?

please feel free to PM me if you'd rather keep your comments private.

I just want reassurance as I think reality has just hit that I've spent £1050 on training.....:Scared::Scared::Scared:

The only people that have moaned on here about HD Brows costing too much money and that they aren't going to learn anything new, are people that haven't done the course.
I haven't seen anyone on here that has done the course that wasn't glad that they did it. I think that speaks volumes!

The only people that have moaned on here about HD Brows costing too much money and that they aren't going to learn anything new, are people that haven't done the course.
I haven't seen anyone on here that has done the course that wasn't glad that they did it. I think that speaks volumes!

my thoughts exactly Angelina, comments from techs who have not had the HD training would be futile for this thread as i have already paid for training in full:hug:

Hi, I can't say how it has improved my business as I I Lu did the training last week and I am about to launch in March my mobile business. But the HD Training was AMAZING! Well worth the money, I have learnt loads and before anyone says eurghhh its just a tint wax and thread there is far more to it!the training is pretty intense but I cannot recommend it enough, the teachers are fantastic and really look after you, even now the course has finished I know I could easily get in touch and they would remember who you are (not just a student who comes and goes!) I can't wait for it to take off its fab!good luck on your training!x

*only did my training.... Pm if you want to ask anything x

I'm hoping to invest in this at some point this year. Do you have to buy all the makeup side of things as extra or do they come with the starter kit? I am very interested as I'm always being asked for HD brows

I am trained in hd brows but wish I hadn't, didn't learn anything new apart from a bit of threading which I didn't feel confident in doing after the training so went on and did separate threading training. For me a complete waste of money :Scared:

I wanted to train in HD Brows but it was just so expensive! I came across a new brand called Hi Brows which was half the cost and virtually the same thing. I trained with them which was ok but the products are great, the only downside is as it is new some people haven't heard of it, but I have done quite well so far, I have even had a few clients in that have preferred it to HD Brows as the tints are not so dark so their brows do not look like slugs! I am sure with time and marketing these will be just as popular! Sorry this has probably come a bit too late for you.

I'm sure you've made the right choice. it's an amazing brand that people know of and ask for! Yes it's very expensive but worth it.

I'm not HD trained & do my 'own' version but hope to be soon. At the moment I'm concentrating on CND
Good luck xxx

The tint for HD doesn't need to be dark.. It all depends on what the therapist uses on how dark it goes. It's not just one shade suits all. If your not HD trained you can't buy the products of the shelf where as Hi Brow you can... Not slating Hi Brow as I did look into the training with It
but was just swayed with HD

Hi Hun,

Im not trained in HD brows but you have definitely made the right choice.
I have myself thought that you was just paying for the name which put me off but its a name that everyone knows and to say you can do HD Brows is amazing! People who havent trained cant really say that!
As you said many clients ask for HD brows by name and if you then say well I dont do HD but do something like that I can guarantee they will go elsewhere to find 'HD'
If I had the money I would 100% train in HD so well done for actually going out there and doing it x

I'm dying to go on HD Brows course, the problem is; there are far too many people around who are advertising HD, when they are not HD trained, and charge £10 - less than half of what the RRP, then the customers come away saying "I've had HD Brows done and they were crap"..!! This is infuriating...and I grudge paying that amount course when there are loads of fakes tarnishing the brand..!! :(

The only thing I am aware of for HD is if you pay for a therapist to train and they leave you loose your HD salon status an have to pay all over again and can't buy the products. It something like that ... Definitely worth being aware of and checking.

I'm dying to go on HD Brows course, the problem is; there are far too many people around who are advertising HD, when they are not HD trained, and charge £10 - less than half of what the RRP, then the customers come away saying "I've had HD Brows done and they were crap"..!! This is infuriating...and I grudge paying that amount course when there are loads of fakes tarnishing the brand..!! :(

i feel your pain! IMO, to prevent this frustration, we need to educate our clients. I'm going to make a huge issue about being on the HD Brow Salon Finder, and will tell prospective clients who have had a bad experience from faker salons selling 'HD Brows' on the cheap to go and check the Salon Finder.

If the salon/therapist is not on there, they ain't the real deal. You used to have to pay £25 to appear on the Salon Finder, that charge has now been scrapped so no reason why a trained therapist/salon shouldnt be on it... x

The only thing I am aware of for HD is if you pay for a therapist to train and they leave you loose your HD salon status an have to pay all over again and can't buy the products. It something like that ... Definitely worth being aware of and checking.

This won't apply to me as I work for myself, but good to know nonetheless.

thanks Fozzyo x

hi im hd trained iv had as lot off people ask for tehse altough i dnt feel no where neer as confident as i want too but saying that im so glad i did them x

Sorry to gatecrash the thread but I have to ask - What is the difference?

I realise that there is probably some training in shaping to suit face shapes etc but really, how is it different to someone who does all of the parts of a HD service under a different name?

I'm not a brow geek but am genuinely interested.

I would say almost all of the negative comments are from therapists who have decided not to train with hd. I personally have never heard of anyone who has trained and regretted it. I'm been a therapist for 14 years and threading for 8 I thought there was nothing new to be taught. Your eyes will be opened :) keep us posted how you get on Enjoy let the haters hate :D

I'd LOVE to do HD training, as the look and transformations I've seen at my old work were amazing!

As soon as I can afford to, I'll be doing my training.

Enjoy the course and don't worry. It'll be fab for business xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

HD Brows and CACI are also about the brand name. Other companies do similar treatments, but they have spent the same money on PR and celebrity endorsements.

That PR and endorsements are why you can charge so much more those treatments. One reason for my choosing Shellac over Gelish.

Latest posts

Back