HD Brows-need reassurance from those who are HD trained

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure we are meant to post prices ^^^

I am looking to do the training at the end of this year. Wanted to do it sooner but I live in such a seasonal resort that as soon as April hits I just cant justify the time off and before then I have a lot of bookings.

I have been following the HD trend closely deciding whether to do this or offer something similar over the last 18 months plus and the brand is still going strong, if not getting stronger, it's a lot of money to part with but I sure think it will be worth it.

Just wish November was closer!

:D

I did my training 18 months ago and can honestly say its the best business decision ive ever made. 95% of my weekly bookings are HD Brows.

Good luck, you will love it.

Rebecca

I love this thread, finally some positivity for HD on Salon Geek :) I am so glad I've done this training!x

I trained in HD brows in June and I've said on a previous thread it was the best thing I ever did!
I lost a lot of clients after a therapist left us just as I was about to start my mat leave. HD brows gave my column the injection of fresh clientele that It needed!
I think that you definitely need to be passionate about brows before you go on the course as it is very full on!

It does highly irritate me that people advertise that they do HD brows when they're not trained but I've just been reporting them to the HD legal team n they sort them out!

Ps. We sell a lot of the aftercare products nearly every new client buys either a palette or pencil! I've booked on a refresher course in April.... Too excited! They tell me the brand is looking in to extra levels and will be always evolving so I will be sticking with HD brows! X

I am trained in HD. the training was brilliant and my brows have definately improved..BUT.. I was good at brows in the first place and dont think i am that much better now.. if that makes sense!!!

I'm HD Brow trained and love it. Came from a HR background and went into beauty after *cough cough* years stuck in offices.

The training is expensive but for me as a novice I thought it was delivered well. I too have seen many people use the HD Brow logo to advertise their own version of HD Brows, BUT they shouldnt and you can report them to Nouveau's Legal Team who will get on the case!!!

I love what I was taught, the confidence it has given me in my new chosen field and my clients say I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to brows. You're not destined to give everyone the same shade of brow or same style.....if that's happening the " brow artist" isnt doing his or her job properly. Brows are designed to suit the face of each individual.

Go on the course and enjoy.....when it comes to the threading training then if you get Wendy ( South Elmsall and sometimes Milton Keynes ) then you'll never forget how to thread with her unique way of making you remember the technique

Good luck xxx

How long do you take to do an HD Brow treatment? What do you charge? Thanks

How long do you take to do an HD Brow treatment? What do you charge? Thanks

It takes around 45 mins and I charge £25 unless I have a packaged deal where I'll do Nouveau Express Lashes and HD Brows for £45 xx

Fairy brow mother u must be talking about the lipstick and handbag technique??! I remember it well! Wendy taught me too!

Fairy brow mother u must be talking about the lipstick and handbag technique??! I remember it well! Wendy taught me too!

How can you ever forget that way hahaha x

The lipstick and handbag.... oh how I love that! Such a good way of teaching! lol x :)

Can someone pls describe how/why it is different to other courses offering a similar class "high brows" "definition brows" etc. Also can the treatment be done on a beauty bed?

Can someone pls describe how/why it is different to other courses offering a similar class "high brows" "definition brows" etc. Also can the treatment be done on a beauty bed?

I can't help but I'd also like to know the answers.... There's also hi brows isn't there?
My beauty bed cam have the head end sit up so would this be ok? x

Yes I can be done in a beauty bed providing you can pull the back rest up in to a more up right position. Can't say how it differs because I don't know anything about 'hi brow' treatment to compare. :)

I haven't had my training yet, but I decided on a chair for one simple reason.

I'm short.

I'm 5ft tall and the thought of having to lean over a beauty bed whilst stood on a child's booster step (i have to do this when express lashing) is too much to bear! with a chair I can stand in front of the client

Sorry not done another course and dont know what they entail, so cant compare x

I have to admit, I was one of the people who said why bother with hd, we can do it all so why do we need training, I'm going to offer my own version - waste of time lol!! After a few enquiries I posted hd brows coming soon to see if I got any response, and the response was massive!
I am now booked in next Monday & can it wait, I've got clients queuing up for it! X

Latest posts

Back