HD Brows-need reassurance from those who are HD trained

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread & comments for those of us that are "on the edge" & need a push lol! Apparently according to SS13 eyebrows will play a bigger part in fashion. So this is interesting on all levels :)

Thankyou for the replies :) I can perhaps understand the tint then, but not the wax. Hmmm...do they make you sign something saying you have to use it? My skin is hypersensitive under my brows and even if I went on the training my skin would graze with this wax by the sounds of it and I'd look horrendous. Why would I ever put a client through that?! That's why I chose hot wax in the first place. Hard decision!

My wax is the same colour as the HD one and it's cream as well so clients wouldn't know the difference.
I came out in a rash on the course from the threading and was sore for a few days. They said for me to not have threading. Some people are just sensitive to wax and some are sensitive to threading.
I read today that they are doing 3 new courses for HD stylists to advance further. I don't know what it entails as there have been no details so far.

My wax is the same colour as the HD one and it's cream as well so clients wouldn't know the difference.
I came out in a rash on the course from the threading and was sore for a few days. They said for me to not have threading. Some people are just sensitive to wax and some are sensitive to threading.
I read today that they are doing 3 new courses for HD stylists to advance further. I don't know what it entails as there have been no details so far.

Yeah when I got the information this weekend there were 3 listed after the main training. One was a refresher, one was an advanced techniques one and the other a business one I think. Has it proved beneficial to your business doing this service Angelina? I know you've probably answered that a million times on other threads but seeing as I have you I thought I'd ask! How much do you charge?

I charge £25. Yes I've had a lot of new clients. To be honest I've not had many existing clients have it. The majority have been new clients which is better as it gets more clients in and they may have other treatments with you too :)

The wax is a Creme wax and I've never had a problem with it, in fact my clients comment that it hurts less than wax they've had before. Grazing can happen to anyone but usually it's because the wax is the wrong temperature or your stretch isn't strong enough. Anyone that grazes in general should have a thin layer of mineral make up applied to the area as a barrier before waxing it acts as a great barrier to the skin xx

I charge £25. Yes I've had a lot of new clients. To be honest I've not had many existing clients have it. The majority have been new clients which is better as it gets more clients in and they may have other treatments with you too :)

Thankyou! I feel your opinion is an honest one and it is much appreciated.

The wax is a Creme wax and I've never had a problem with it, in fact my clients comment that it hurts less than wax they've had before. Grazing can happen to anyone but usually it's because the wax is the wrong temperature or your stretch isn't strong enough. Anyone that grazes in general should have a thin layer of mineral make up applied to the area as a barrier before waxing it acts as a great barrier to the skin xx

Unfortunately those that I have been waxed by have never done this before waxing me. I used to be fine but someone I used to go to made it hypersensitive by going over it far too much. It just kept getting worse and worse so I stopped going, and when I now have it done periodically I look like I've been smacked in the face! It is so so sore. Unfortunately I don't trust anyone to do it now! It's scary how many people just do the bare minimum so they can take the money off you. Sorry, this isn't aimed at you! I've just read how it sounds.

I heard about the wax being harsh before i trained and was dreading using it. I've now been doing hd for 2 and a half years and never had anyone graze or blister with it. (Touch wood) :)

I suppose if your not using all the products maybe then it's not really hd?

This is such a good thread I really wanted to do the training but I'm having second thoughts now, I would think with the cost of the course you want the products to be a high standard and not have to use other brands?

Unfortunately those that I have been waxed by have never done this before waxing me. I used to be fine but someone I used to go to made it hypersensitive by going over it far too much. It just kept getting worse and worse so I stopped going, and when I now have it done periodically I look like I've been smacked in the face! It is so so sore. Unfortunately I don't trust anyone to do it now! It's scary how many people just do the bare minimum so they can take the money off you. Sorry, this isn't aimed at you! I've just read how it sounds.

No offence taken! Nobody should ever wax the same area more than once during a treatment (which I'm guessing you know!) so no wonder this lady made you sensitive. The mineral powder trick is something I was taught on my HD course. It is also why every different hair removal technique is used as wax rarely gets everything. Lots of salons tell people that their eyebrow treatments are 'just the same as HD, it's just a brand' and lots of my clients came to me out of curiosity and have said that it's nothing like what their salons usually do. A good HD treatment should take 30 minutes minimum, most of mine take 45 minutes and when I first started I was taking 1hr 15...! X

No offence taken! Nobody should ever wax the same area more than once during a treatment (which I'm guessing you know!) so no wonder this lady made you sensitive. The mineral powder trick is something I was taught on my HD course. It is also why every different hair removal technique is used as wax rarely gets everything. Lots of salons tell people that their eyebrow treatments are 'just the same as HD, it's just a brand' and lots of my clients came to me out of curiosity and have said that it's nothing like what their salons usually do. A good HD treatment should take 30 minutes minimum, most of mine take 45 minutes and when I first started I was taking 1hr 15...! X

Oh I wish I lived near you! Where are you based? Haha! Yeah I only wax once even with hot wax on brows, I tweeze the rest. I would love to go to have them done myself but I'm scared of the state I'll look after regarding my sore skin!

Oh I wish I lived near you! Where are you based? Haha! Yeah I only wax once even with hot wax on brows, I tweeze the rest. I would love to go to have them done myself but I'm scared of the state I'll look after regarding my sore skin!

Bless lol. I'm in Cheshire. I must admit HD is like anything - the key is practise practise practise but equally as important is passion. I'm eyebrow obsessed and my clients laugh at meas ill often say 'oooh there's one hair I need to pluck' when they get up! Geek! :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361836086.907788.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361836086.907788.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 218
Oh that's not impossible for me, though the patch test would be the issue! Ah well :) great set of brows there, your clients are very lucky!

Thank you :) this was my last client today. I put loads of pics on my work fb as I think it's nice to see people's work rather than just marketing material! Xx

I don't think the wax is harsh at all... It's very moveable once applied and you only ever wax that area once.

Thank you :) this was my last client today. I put loads of pics on my work fb as I think it's nice to see people's work rather than just marketing material! Xx

You're welcome and I agree!

I've just seen that HD brows have 2 new course out.
Pro and master.

Would someone be so kind as to pm or answer here if appropriate some more details on this course, and the expenses? Basically I've been looking to do this for AGES now and I just can't make up my mind. I don't think I'd do another similar brow course - HD Brows or nothing! Haha! But just have a few more questions...
What do you get in your kit and did you find that this was enough to get going or did you have to add bits before you could really offer it to clients?
I have a beauty couch where the back can be put up into seating position - is this OK/good enough?
Did you find it bought in enough new clients? Unfortunately I can only do beauty part time at the moment because I have to keep my office job to pay my bills - and of course all the beauty courses I want to do ;)
The only brow work I can do atm is plucking/shaping/tinting - I've never attempted to wax or thread - will I struggle or are these well covered in the course?
Did you feel confident after the course?
Thank you in advance for anyone kind enough to answer me :) xx

Im feeling like you as well! Id love to hear frm someone who has done a brow course then went onto hd - Id really like to know what the difference is and is it really worth the price tag as Iv seen some pretty amazing looking brows frm none hd trained techs :-/

Latest posts

Back