HD-brows. Way too expensive

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how much do you have to pay each year to use their branding? xx

Thinks it's £20?
It's on their website I'm not 100% sure x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

hd brows isn't a product your using it's simply a brand. if a client understands that you can get the same result for much more cheaper then your going to loose out. people ant walking around with hd brow tattooed on their head. People are only bothered in the end result and the price tag.

Exactly!!!

I rung HD Brows today just to quiz them a little bit more about training & to see if they have any exclusivity attached to your area? cos if any one is going to spend that amount on training you don't want the salon down the road to be doing it too!!! So had a chat with the guy there & he wasn't very forth coming about if he would give us a radius area of our own. He also told me you should not under any circumstances charge less then £25.00.......well look what I found searching on facebook Hd Brows ByAziza | Facebook, this lady is charging £20 & doing offers for £15. So the brand that hasn't even launched yet is being made cheaper already.

It will become another price war with therapist not charging what they should & not using the full brand products :mad:

I am not putting the brand down in anyway, if you are a therapist who can't thread or struggles to shape then do the training but make sure you get some sort of radius attached to your area & don't lower your prices!!!

But there will always be someone who will lower their prices and not just to compete, but because they think that that is what people will pay.
What happens if you go below £25? Do you get a knock at your door from the brow police lol.
I just cannot see any justification for the huge training cost.

But there will always be someone who will lower their prices and not just to compete, but because they think that that is what people will pay.
What happens if you go below £25? Do you get a knock at your door from the brow police lol.

Ha ha ha, that's so funny.

Jacqui xx

It is brilliant marketing. I trained with Noveau for permanent make up and they are excellent in that field - but the HD thing is a great hit for Nilam Patel - who has a high number of Asian clients who have full brows to work with. The majority of my work is shaping brows (and tattooing brows) on caucasian women who have over plucked (or had therapists over wax!) in the first place! You can only shape what's already there! HD sounds great - but when you break it down it's mainly the same skills we all did at college. Just some do it better.....

Yes I agree there will always be therapists charging cheaper.........hmmm let me see mobile ones!!

It's £15 a year to use their branding which I know isn't loads but I don't understand why they charge it. They get a lot of money for the training and they tie you in to making sure you only use their hd products for the treatment, so they get money from you for that too.

As for the not charging less than £25, I too have found people charging less. There is a woman near my boyfriend who is charging £20...how exactly are they keeping tabs on this not charging less than £25 then?!

Nilam has recently put the minimum you can charge down to £20 so you can charge anything from £20 to, i think it's £69.
I'm pretty sure you can do an offer when you first start up though.
Salons are monitored and can be de-registered if they don't follow the terms of conditions that are set out.

Whoah £69?! Sheesh kebab!!

There are always some people out there willing to pay a high price for a treatment but the majority will ho where they can get it cheaper, as long as there are no bad horror stories about that salon! Most will go for £20, that's a lot of hd brows to make back ur £800!

I had mine done earlier today, I'll post my experience once I've got the babies settled tonight x

I saw someone advertising on twitter that she does hd brows for £10...when I clicked the link to her website she was using all the hd branding etc so I went off to check the salon locator on the hd brows site and her details are on there....how does that stand with the minimum charge set out by the people at hd brows?

If you want people to stop undercutting the minimum charge just report them to HD brows.

I had mine done earlier today, I'll post my experience once I've got the babies settled tonight x

omg i read that as 'the babies' being your eyebrows and i was thinking to myself good god what the hell as the therapist done to them?! LOL :\ can't wait to hear what you think!x

Yes I agree there will always be therapists charging cheaper.........hmmm let me see mobile ones!!

Is this meant to be a dig at me Deb Doyle, seeming as I am a mobile therapist?
If so, my prices are not 'cheaper' than the average, they are well placed compared to my local competition!!!

omg i read that as 'the babies' being your eyebrows and i was thinking to myself good god what the hell as the therapist done to them?! LOL :\ can't wait to hear what you think!x

haha, that made me chuckle!! No no, the babies as in the twins who've only just decided to settle.. ANYHOOOO

Well i went along to my appointment today to a place in Edinburgh that i hadnt been to before. The room was lovely and the therapist from the word go made me feel very at ease. I had my uniform on because i only had a wee bit of time off work so didnt get the chance to go in as a normal person lol.

She was very upfront about what to expect. She was very honest about how long the tint would last on the skin and that the tint would be very dark to begin with and how long to expect before it fades..

She's created a lovely shape and spent some time filling in my brows with pencil and make up and i walked out feeling great! She didnt try to push me into buying any products for up keep. She left some of my eyebrows alone so that i can grow them in (i had an awful experience a few months ago thats left me with a bald patch on one eyebrow!)

I paid £30 and to be honest i am more then happy to pay that. Of course thats because not just the treatment but the experience was a nice one. The therapist was good at what she did, she had a lovely manner and her salon was nice.

I still think that this is something worthwhile to train in and if i had the money then i would do so.

Is this meant to be a dig at me Deb Doyle, seeming as I am a mobile therapist?
If so, my prices are not 'cheaper' than the average, they are well placed compared to my local competition!!!

Honey you don't have to justify your prices to anyone. It's your business its your choice. I don't think its fair to have a go at mobile therapists. They have their place in the industry or they would go out of business. There's room for everyone!

Guys we all know that the hd group will clamp down on those charging under the rrp for hd brows but what happens to those who hold themselves out to be hd therapists but arent on the hd salon finder? I dont see how the hd group are going to police this or am i missing something?

Couldn't have put it better myself scottishjoy. I visited the same place as a normal person lol! I had a very enjoyable experience and the therapist put me under no illusions as to how they would turn out. The tint came out very dark and I have a bit of growing out to do so have to persevere for a few weeks. My bf laughed over dinner and said I was like the angry baby from the simpsons needless to say he is over dramatic. I did say I would post before and after pics but can't work out how to on my I phone. I might wait until I've had a few more treatments then post a blog with step by step photos.
Ps Scottishjoy I think there will be a massive Market for HD brows in Edinburgh and ppl will pay the money for the brand x

Latest posts

Back