HD-brows. Way too expensive

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
omg i read that as 'the babies' being your eyebrows and i was thinking to myself good god what the hell as the therapist done to them?! LOL :\ can't wait to hear what you think!x

LMAO!! :-D xx

Honey you don't have to justify your prices to anyone. It's your business its your choice. I don't think its fair to have a go at mobile therapists. They have their place in the industry or they would go out of business. There's room for everyone!

Such a lovely thing to say!
Too many people on here have formed some sort of mobile vs salon thing it's ridiculous, Im mobile and charge same as most salons near me, in fact one treatment I charge more!
Everybody starts somewhere and we all should stick together! x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

I'm still confused about why you lovely ladies are happy to come out looking like Groucho Marx because you felt pampered? :biggrin: what is the reasoning behind tinting them too dark and waiting for them to fade rather than tinting them the right colour in the first place? I appreciate sometimes if we pay more we feel like we had something of value but whether we did or not is another question.

Would you ladies honestly go back and pay £30 every month to maintain them?

Where I used to work we used to charge £18 for a brow tidy and it was quite popular as we gave more time but I thought that was reassuringly expensive but still affordable.

Last edited:
Such a lovely thing to say!
Too many people on here have formed some sort of mobile vs salon thing it's ridiculous, Im mobile and charge same as most salons near me, in fact one treatment I charge more!
Everybody starts somewhere and we all should stick together! x

I know, thank you Lou.
I dont see why there has to be this divide either. We are all striving to make a name for ourselves and make money in the process.::biggrin:

I'm still confused about why you lovely ladies are happy to come out looking like Groucho Marx because you felt pampered? :biggrin: what is the reasoning behind tinting them too dark and waiting for them to fade rather than tinting them the right colour in the first place? I appreciate sometimes if we pay more we feel like we had something of value but whether we did or not is another question.

Would you ladies honestly go back and pay £30 every month to maintain them?

I completely agree. Why not do it right in the first place. It seems back-to-front to do it the other way around. Almost like a cop-out if it doesnt look that good once the treatment is finished.
I definitely wouldn't pay £30 a month!!!:rolleyes:

I'd happily keep mine this dark. I have dark hair and my eyebrows were a darkish brown already. So for me I was really pleased with how they looked straight away. 2 people told me I looked really well and one of them asked me if I'd had my hair done or something.

Anyway in my opinion there's places in the market for the hd brow treatment and for normal tinting and shaping. People who go to someone they trust to tint and shape their eyebrows will no doubt continue to do so however for people who are looking for something a bit different then this is perfect. Its definitely a certain look, a fuller more defined brow which (I think) more people are looking for now..

I think we shall all have to agree to disagree on this! Only time will tell if HD brows are going to be as popular as anticipated. Someone mentioned there's an 'official' launch date coming up soon. Perhaps we could all have a discussion a couple of months after that and see where our opinions are at then?

I do love a good debate! :) xx

It's like -do you buy a handbag from Prada or buy one from Debenhams?
With Prada you are paying for the name. With HD Brows you are paying for the name.You are also getting the advertising.
There will be people who would never pay Prada prices and there are people who wouldn't be seen dead in Debenhams.
Luckily, people are free to make up their own minds and everyone is different. Whether you agree or not HD Brows is hugely popular and most of those that have done the course are very glad they did :biggrin:

It definitely is a topic to agree or disagree on. I can't imagine not offering HD's now as it is so popular and as for returning, well HD have a reward card where the 6th treatment us free and many of my clients have had their free treatment already. So far everyone had come back every 4-6wks. Even I'm surprised how popular it is especially since I'm quite far up north and it can be behind the times. Launch is in June so we shall see what happens then.

We were lucky to be at an event middle of last year where HD brows were at . They kindly did all of our brows for us . They looked great but TBH they dont last that long .

Some techs who are really good a brows can get just as good results . As people have said its all about the branding - good luck to HD brows and good luck to salons who have invested in the brand as it can work , look at shellac its going so well. Only word of caution would be Blink and Go which didnt do so well ,partly I would say because the product did not live upto its expectations .

We were lucky to be at an event middle of last year where HD brows were at . They kindly did all of our brows for us . They looked great but TBH they dont last that long .

Some techs who are really good a brows can get just as good results . As people have said its all about the branding - good luck to HD brows and good luck to salons who have invested in the brand as it can work , look at shellac its going so well. Only word of caution would be Blink and Go which didnt do so well ,partly I would say because the product did not live upto its expectations .

I don't no how long people expect it to last. Eyebrows grow and unless you don't wash your face of course the tint will fade but that's where self caring comes into it, people need to learn to look after themselves and that's where the teaching part of HD's come into it. Anyway HDs are totally different from blink and go and also blink and go works brilliantly for me, it has it's place in the market like everything else.

Ive hav just had my 2nd hd brow treatment and am lucky to hav achieved the hd shape already which I love. Have had so many people comment on them (even strangers) they really frame my face and love the colour but each to their own and all that

Guys we all know that the hd group will clamp down on those charging under the rrp for hd brows but what happens to those who hold themselves out to be hd therapists but arent on the hd salon finder? I dont see how the hd group are going to police this or am i missing something?

Just to clarify.

It is completely and utterly illegal for the supplier to attempt in any way to enforce an RRP. Really, really bad news if a supplier is caught attempting this!

Once you buy something you can sell it or the service for whatever you like, it is the benefit of living in a democratic free market like the UK.

Interesting fact and question.

HD Brows is the registered trademark, not High Definition Brows, so don't know what HD actually refers to? Procter and Gamble own the trademark for High Definition so it can only be used by them.

Confused though, isn't HD Brows Baby! | Lipglossiping exactly what all good beauty therapists offer? Am I missing something fundemental here?

Nilam has recently put the minimum you can charge down to £20 so you can charge anything from £20 to, i think it's £69.
I'm pretty sure you can do an offer when you first start up though.
Salons are monitored and can be de-registered if they don't follow the terms of conditions that are set out.

really... oops illegal... oops.

Thinks it's £20?
It's on their website I'm not 100% sure x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Wow, really.... I'll give some of the bigger brands a ring because they could earn up to £250,000 by the end of next week.

OMG, we could earn megabucks, if we did that worldwide... OMG, OMG, that would be over £2million... I love this idea.:rolleyes:

Imagine if Coke did this..... hundreds of millions.... this must be wrong.

Oh well, I have the whole of Easter to put this cunning plan into place and od the deals....:Love:

To answer the question, HD-brows . Way too expensive of the OP, this is why.

A friend did this last year, one of the girls said to her, Nilam Patel get's them to drive down from up north and pays them a very low wage, she said Nilam has 3 houses,3 brand new cars and lives a lavish lifestyle, but the others do all the work!

Why do you think it cost so much!!!

Well Nilam Patel is a very clever woman-thats good business sense to me!

I co own a salon in a local town and we are getting HD brows in, in August, there is a big hype around it at the moment and it is extremely popular in this local area.
I went and had the treatment done in another salon and was impressed with the results, we also paid for our therapists to go and have theirs done and report back!
Results were mixed and none of us are the same colouring-i myself am blonde with tanned skin, mine were tinted dark brown, Julie has dark brown hair and fair skin and the salon she went to tinted hers black-they were really dark and she doesnt wear a lot of make up so they did look intense but i still thought they looked fab and a huge improvement on her usual look!
Our other therapist is fair skin with bleach blonde hair and wears little make up, she had hers done in the therapists home and she only paid £15 (we both paid £20) again the brows looked fab-tinted dark brown, caroline did feel they were too dark but they enhanced her whole eye area and after a few days the coloured settled.
This training is extremely expensive in one sense so research for indivdual salons and areas is definately essential. You are definately buying into the brand. The 2 salons we used, 1 about 3 miles away and 1 about 8 miles away were extremely busy with the HD brows and with a bit of questioning it wasnt difficult for us to see the potential.
We are a well established salon and deal with a large amount of young girls and do lots of eyelash extensions so we see this as the next big thing for our salon. ;););)

A friend did this last year, one of the girls said to her, Nilam Patel get's them to drive down from up north and pays them a very low wage, she said Nilam has 3 houses,3 brand new cars and lives a lavish lifestyle, but the others do all the work!

jelousy sure is unattractive. i honestly don't get why some women are so bitter about other women? :\ instead of dragging each other down surely it would be far better to listen to what more successful women have to say about how they got to the position they are in and learn from their experiences and their mistakes? there is no shame in saying out loud that another woman is more successful than yourself, no shame in it at all.
x

This is just hearsay so you can't really take it as gospel can you?
And even if she has got 3 houses, 3 cars and lives a lavish lifestyle, what business is it of yours?
Nilam is very down to earth and easy to get on with it and I can assure you she doesn't have any airs or graces.
If the girls who work with her feel so hard done by then they would leave wouldn't they?
Sounds like sour grapes to me!
Yes she has done very well and has worked in the business for over 15 years so I'm sure she didn't get where she is today without doing some work :rolleyes:
Good on her I say!

If I had the money I would be investing in this asap! Sadly I dont! I have alot of clients who get this done elsewhere so I know if I done it they would come to me instead! Best get saving my pennies!
I always get asked if my brows are HD as I had them done before elsewhere and then managed to create the look again on my own with mine and continue to do so. But this is with me doing mine every 2 weeks. And sitting in the morning filling them in to make them look good.

I know there are very mixed views on this, some say you're only buying into the brand etc. Now please don't shoot me down (lol!!) but Sally's are running a brow course and it's £99 plus VAT. The lady in my local branch told me it was basically the same thing except it didn't have all of the hype surrounding it as they can't advertise it as HD Brows. Just thought I'd pass this on for those wanting to do the course but not actually buy into the HD brand. Xx

Latest posts

Back