HD-brows. Way too expensive

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sashaxxx

Reaction score
hi salon geeks
i was jus reading someones post on the cost of the course and was totally amazed on how expensive it is!!£800 plus VAT.
i have have mine treaded every 2wk. £4 i pay. I fill them in and to give a better shape i use eye brow zings from Benefit to give the a more defined arch, easy. That cost me £20 last year. i still use it nw and there is half left. I wouldn't ever pay £30 +plus to get hd brows .

I am lying in bed mulling this over & trying to reply diplomatically........
We have been threading in our salon for nearly 4 years, we wax, tweeze & we tint as well. So my question is, if you shape using what ever method, tint as normal & then fill in gaps with pencil/powder, when the client removes that makeup that evening isn't she just back to a normal tint & shape???........please correct me if I am wrong!!
Also the price is really high if that's the case ie my eb tint & shape is £11 & our thread with a tint £13.50.

You're not just buying the actual training when you do such a course; you're buying into the brand. That said, you need to look at your location and your demographic before deciding to undertake any training, especially expensive (arguably niche) training. You also need to look at the payback time.
It's not something I would do, personally, because my thing is skin. If I were in a funky, urban salon with a young client base then I would consider it, because I think it would do well, but like all new vibes it will have its day and then we'll move on to the Next Big Thing.

You're not just buying the actual training when you do such a course; you're buying into the brand. That said, you need to look at your location and your demographic before deciding to undertake any training, especially expensive (arguably niche) training. You also need to look at the payback time.
It's not something I would do, personally, because my thing is skin. If I were in a funky, urban salon with a young client base then I would consider it, because I think it would do well, but like all new vibes it will have its day and then we'll move on to the Next Big Thing.

Lynne is right. You aren't just paying for training and products etc...you're buying into a brand. Same with lots of similar things! For example when deciding which company to buy my manicure and pedicure products from I chose CND. I use their polishes, their shellac and I completed their training. This allows me to brand myself as CND trained and my services as CND manicures. I bought into their brand. People recognise it as something that they trust!

I trained with kim lawless for waxing again its the same concept.

I guess everyone has different views on this... For me if people are willing to pay up to £35 on a regular basis then your training would pay for itself quite quickly. If I had the money I would do it without hesitation.

On my training, treatment charge is reccommended between £25- £50 it is up to the salon what they charge but you are not allowed to charge less than £25. This protects the brand and is stopping people charge silly prices for good quality and a great brand! ( as I feel there should be a price bracket on minx)

HD still hasn't launched but I am still seeing it mentioned in magazines, there shall be big PR for this so I feel I have invested in a skill and brand for life :) like biosculpture big brand big client awareness x

On my training, treatment charge is reccommended between £25- £50 it is up to the salon what they charge but you are not allowed to charge less than £25. This protects the brand and is stopping people charge silly prices for good quality and a great brand! ( as I feel there should be a price bracket on minx)

SOOOOOOO Agree with you on this!

It would be fab to see salons adhering to a set minimum cost per treatment. :biggrin:x

Great thread!

I think there will be a great number of varying opinions on this thread and as a old girl in the business who has seen lots of things come and go and has spent lots of money on the 'latest' trends over the years, I would definitely not train in this. It is an individual decision and based on my location and the fact that my book is full of regular clients, has been for years now, and they follow what I advise. Every now and again they will ask about something they have read about in the press but most of the time I am telling them about new products coming along.

When you say that HD hasn't lauched yet what do you mean? Do you mean that they haven't gone public with the brand? When do they plan to do this if they haven't already? Maybe I have misunderstood this bit? :biggrin:

This disagreement will always be here I think!
I was in the other thread you mentioned.

Do you buy into the brand...
Or do you offer the exact same thing your just not aloud to call yourself a HD tech?

I'm quite new so have saved tinting and threading course ect so i will get my moneys worth when I finally can afford the HD course.

However if is been in the industry for ages and already trained in these things there's no way in the world I'd take it!
As somebody said (sorry I can't remember who) in the other thread there are cheaper alternatives under a different name, "celebrity eyebrows".

But again the disagreement is would the majority of people prefer you to be a HD tech?

Personally I think this depends on your area- busy city means competition and brands are alot!
Small town- hardly any competition people will go to you whatever it's called and word of mouth works wonders!

Although I do think this will be here for a very long time and will get huge! So I think it depends on you, your area and your qualifications already as to wether it's worth taking x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

The seven steps revealed: HD Brows Baby! | Lipglossiping

Nothing exciting I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

Thanks for this Weezie.

I think the brows look as if they have had tint left on them too long and I don't understand the length of treatment, waxing, threading and plucking as there is not a great deal of difference in the shape at all.

Not for me! :biggrin:

The seven steps revealed: HD Brows Baby! | Lipglossiping

Nothing exciting I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

I think the article says it all really and when the tint wears off her skin they will look exactly as before.
She also said what we all believe that people will go elsewhere thats cheaper without the HD brand attatched.
£25 plus is a huge amount to pay for keeping brows in check.I dont think many places charge that for a virgin brow shape let alone brows that are barely there with nothing to work on in the first place.
Nearly £1000 to train i think is pretty shameful to be honest, i think they are taking the mick, people should stand fast and train with Kim.

Last edited:
The hype is the hype! Genius if you ask me! :biggrin:

The hype is genius but its still not for me! Cannot afford to buy into something like that, especially when most people have no idea what a HD Brow is!

I do something similar without paying for the branding etc!

Gallery - Eden Beauty

I think that this course is excessively expensive.
You say you are buying into a brand when you train and offer this service, but does the brand actually exist?
By this I mean, do people actually know and have heard of hd brows?
If you do a worldwide search for hd brows in google there are around 2,000 searches per month as opposed to 22,000 for threading. I know hd incorporates the '7 steps' but I dont think its widely publicised enough yet to spend that amount of money.

What gets me is that you pay all that money to them and then you have to keep paying them every year to use their branding!!

The hype is genius but its still not for me! Cannot afford to buy into something like that, especially when most people have no idea what a HD Brow is!

I do something similar without paying for the branding etc!

Gallery - Eden Beauty

Exactly, your wow brows are a perfect example of how other therapists can promote their own brow techniques.

Thank you Weezie :hug:

hd brows isn't a product your using it's simply a brand. if a client understands that you can get the same result for much more cheaper then your going to loose out. people ant walking around with hd brow tattooed on their head. People are only bothered in the end result and the price tag.

What gets me is that you pay all that money to them and then you have to keep paying them every year to use their branding!!

how much do you have to pay each year to use their branding? xx

Latest posts

Back