HD brows, worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psa

Reaction score
Hi all. Just wondering what people's thoughts are on hd brows as an income stream?The course cost is eye watering. My dilemma is im already very proficient at threading, I was a threader many many years before before HD even came into being and I can do it the traditional way, I also tint, measure and wax, so other than adding a bit of makeup and being able to use the name what else would I learn on this course? Also I already do a lot of threading and tinting so to get my clients to switch to HD with a bigger price tag, what added value would they be getting? My question really is, is it worth it? Or has it had its day? I'd really be doing it so that I could use the branding because it's so well known. I hate that I'd be effectively paying just to use the name but if it were to massively increase my income it would be something I'd consider.

Thanks

Hi all. Just wondering what people's thoughts are on hd brows as an income stream?The course cost is eye watering. My dilemma is im already very proficient at threading, I was a threader many many years before before HD even came into being and I can do it the traditional way, I also tint, measure and wax, so other than adding a bit of makeup and being able to use the name what else would I learn on this course? Also I already do a lot of threading and tinting so to get my clients to switch to HD with a bigger price tag, what added value would they be getting? My question really is, is it worth it? Or has it had its day? I'd really be doing it so that I could use the branding because it's so well known. I hate that I'd be effectively paying just to use the name but if it were to massively increase my income it would be something I'd consider.

Thanks

This is what i did. i found that it did really help my custom base. People look for the name. The training is really good and you can never learn too much. You will have to unlearn some techniques that you have already though. I think if you want your business to move forward its the right thing for you. I have ten fold made my money back!

This is what i did. i found that it did really help my custom base. People look for the name. The training is really good and you can never learn too much. You will have to unlearn some techniques that you have already though. I think if you want your business to move forward its the right thing for you. I have ten fold made my money back!

Are you still busy with HD? Just a thought as microblading seems to have taken over xx

Can anyone give the average cost of a set of micro bladed brows.

£200- £250 that's what most people are charing, with free top up included.

Thanks but I did use the search function and read all the appropriate material . I wanted up to date information on current trends as to what's popular right now not what was popular last year or even in January this year . The demand for different treatments changes monthly in the beauty industry in my opinion, it's about as fickle as it gets

Thanks

To go back to your original question - I was exactly the same as you as I am good at brows but wondered if I was missing out on the extra 'edge' of being HD trained. I ummed and aahed about doing the course and was eventually put off by some of the negative comments on Salon Geek. I eventually opted to train with Amita Patel** (she does a Brow Master course) and it is hands down the best course I've ever done and has taken my brow work (and confidence) to the next level.

However, there are people who do really, really well out of the HD brand so obviously it's a personal choice. I think it also depends on your location, there are quite a few places around me that do HD and I find that a lot of my ladies actually seek me out as they want something a bit different (although, to be fair, I am in Devon and the full on 'scouse brow' trend hasn't really filtered down here).

**Just to be clear, I am not affiliated with this course or course provider in any way!

Hi I'm hd trained since last Aug and im not super busy with hd but I'm now really busy with a lot of treatments, I have found that by offering a premium service like hd has generated a lot of clients for lashes and lots of other beauty treatments. Think clients are attracted to the premium brands. X

I did a course in Eyebrow Definition which follows the same steps as HD Brows, so same result but it only cost me £200. I offer Definition Brows as my treatment rather than HD Brows. It was through the Scottish Therapy Academy

I did a course in Eyebrow Definition which follows the same steps as HD Brows, so same result but it only cost me £200. I offer Definition Brows as my treatment rather than HD Brows. It was through the Scottish Therapy Academy

Are you busy with this treatment? With HD people to tend to seek out the brand.

Yeah have been, only recently started but it's picking up. Did a lot of before and after photos on my practice models too which has grabbed people's attention, I charge £20 rather than £25 which seems to be the norm for HD Brows - also do this because it's more affordable for my area.

I think HD has had its moment in the sun , - I wouldn't waste my money

Latest posts

Back