HD trained without account

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyMUA

Reaction score
Advise needed please.?. My training in bio sculpture and HD brows was paid for by my salon owner and the salon have the accounts for the supplies for both. After working in the salon for over a year it is looking as though I may have to leave and relocate. If I phoned the companies and offered payment for my training for them to reimburse my employer would I then be allowed to open my own accounts with them to allow me to go mobile in a new area.? I would not be in the same postcode or keep any customers.?? I have no contract of employment with the salon and have been self employed.? How is this situation best dealt with.?? With thanks in advance I await good advice.

Do you have your certificate?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

As far as I am aware as long as you have your certificates as proof of training you should just be able to open an account with the companies regardless of who paid for the training.
The salon I used to work for paid for my spray tan training and when I left I just opened my own account with them and that was that.
Hope that helps xx
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes I have got bio certificate but HD is with the salon.?

I thought the account could only be opened by the person who paid for the course and training.?

I don't know exactly for HD or bio sculpture but my tan brand just checked their training history and that was that. Account opened and products supplied.
Have you tried calling the companies to ask them directly? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes I will call the suppliers and see where I stand.. Just thought this must have happened to others and wanted to know the correct procedure. Thanks for your reply, much appreciated I'm so new to this only just figured out how to post and reply? Lol

The certificate would have your name on it so would be no use to the salon. Have you signed any contract stating the % of course cost you would have to pay if you left within X months?
I'd also ring up HD and explain the situation they should have records of training x

Hi, I am unsure with regards to HD however Bio Sculpture are tyerrible with regards to trying to get more money from you in this situation.
My colleague paid for the training using her husbands credit card even though it was all arranged via the salon but on leaving bio have said she will have to pay again or get a letter from the salon owner confirming her authority to buy from them.
I hope you have a better experience with them but for her it was terrible so much she refuses to deal with them now.

Hey,

My first post so I'm hoping I'm replying right!

I'm currently opening an account with HD after leaving one salon and they said to me that I can open and account but I have to pay a fee to release myself from the salon I was in before!
Hope this helps! :) x

Hey,

My first post so I'm hoping I'm replying right!

I'm currently opening an account with HD after leaving one salon and they said to me that I can open and account but I have to pay a fee to release myself from the salon I was in before!
Hope this helps! :) x

So who do you pay the release fee to? Surely if the salon paid for your training, they should be part reimbursed? Or maybe I read it wrong.

Last edited:
I don't think it's really that simple as if I paid for someone's hd brows training I wouldn't be happy for them to walk away with that due to the cost. Also there is the equipment you need the whole hd kit to perform a treatment. Will they have to pay to send another therapist to replace you?
I'm just throwing in my thoughts as to why it may not be that easy I'm sure it's going to be up to the salon owner and hd really. If you have a good relationship they may be happy to allow you to open an account if not you may end up having to pay the whole amount to become a therapist and stockist yourself

I'm going through this right now. I'm hd brow trained but the training was paid on my then business partners card now we have parted they can't buy any products or do the treatment cause they don't have a trained therapist and I've been told I have to open a new account and but a brand new starter kit.

I honestly though I could show the supplier who I trained with and would be able to buy products. So just now I can't afford the expensive hd starter kit so I'm having to offer my clients the same treatment but not using anything hd.

I get where they are coming from but that's two accounts wanting to buy but can't 😞 also all my clients know they are not getting real hds and I'm not advertising I do hds anymore xx

If really like to know the answer with this RE Hd brows. I remember on the training they touched on this, but it was quite complicated. When I went on training with my boss if you bought the concession which she did then the second stylist (me) went free. In my last job if you left within a year of training you paid the training cost back, which is fair enough. I believe with HD though regardless of who paid for the training if you don't have an account you have to pay to open one. I would really like someone to clarify this as I think it's ridicules if it's true! Obviously if you're opening an account your going to be paying for your own kit, so why should you pay to open the account aswell?! Xx

You pay £522.00 to HD then they send your certificate through and you get a starter kit included in this cost. Once that amount is paid to HD regardless of how the x employee/salon feels about it you will have your own account and be put on there website salon finder etc.

You pay £522.00 to HD then they send your certificate through and you get a starter kit included in this cost. Once that amount is paid to HD regardless of how the x employee/salon feels about it you will have your own account and be put on there website salon finder etc.

Thank you so much for this. Good to know. Do you know what the starter kit includes? Xx

Dying to be noticed in brown, blue, light brown. Dye me quick developer, vanish colour remover, pristine clean sanitizer, squeaky clean make up remover, glass mixing pot, eye tool with comb and brush attachments x 100 pristine scissors, twist n turn thread, brow wands and perfecting puff x 40 each brow beater, mineral brush foundation, precision tweezers black and brown pencil pencil shaper, client record cards x 20 tidy towels x 20, aftercare leaflet x10 vamp x10 bombshell addicts cards, 1x vamp palette 1x bombshell palette patch text/appointment cards x20, wax machine, love hurts wax wax pan, striptease (strips x100) comfort me (after wax) wax equipment cleaner, swizzle sticks x20... My question to you ladies is would you buy the equipment unbranded by the same manufacturer knowing that is cheaper or would you buy the brand.?... Hmmmm thoughts please.?

Thank you for taking the time to write that out for me. To answer your question, I think it depends on what direction you want to take for your business and what your cliental are like.

For me if I was to go mobile/open my own salon, I would want to invest into the brand.

However where I currently work the main cliental are aged 35-60ish most of them have no idea what HD brows are and will not pay £25+ for what they see as a 'tint and wax' no matter how much you explain the difference. The ones that have had the treatment, feel once they have the 'shape' they can go back to a normal brow shape. So if this is the sort of cliental that you would have I would go for Unbranded.

Latest posts

Back