Health and safety?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi, i rang my local council today who said i do not need a licence when i start my mobile nail biz. They did however send me some info via. email on h&s. One link was to HABIA which was excellent and very informative (although havent had time to read through it all yet!) and the other was to the health & saftey excecutive website.

I dont think, from what ive read so far (so correct me if im wrong) that i need to do a risk assessment - or at least not a written one. Obviously, I am aware of the h&s issues that apply to me but am curious to see if any other mobile techs (not working in their own home) keep a h&s record, risk assessment etc?
The other thing was on HABIA it says about getting Material Data sheets for products used so I can do a COSHH assessment - although this seemed to be leaning more towards salons rather than mobile techs. Am I right in thinking this or is this something that you all do too?
At the mo i will only be offering Manicures, pedicures and treatments such as paraffin wax, hot oil and heated mitts..

:) Hi there i did creative courses and they recommended cosh etc so Tracy Lejay who trained me got me the fact sheets etc which i keep with me ,
iT IS LONG BORING READING BUT NOT NOT EVERY ONE I KNOW WHO TRAINED HAS THEM :Grope:

Thanks, can you just get the sheets from your supplier?

Thanks, can you just get the sheets from your supplier?

MSDS sheets should be available from your supplier for any hazardous products.

all you need to do is look at any products which could be a potential hazzard take the address off the product and then write a short letter to the company asking for the data sheets for that products or you could email them and then they should just send them to you and i just keep all mine in a folder

hope that helps:)

Latest posts

Back