Heart etiquette?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SillyBilly

Reaction score
Being a newbie here I'm not sure how the heart system works. I know how to heart a post and that means that I agree with what the poster has said and would say the same myself.
However, when someone has hearted something you say is it good manners to say thank you or do people just take the heart and know that the person who left it is happy not to be thanked?
I have done a search but can't find the answer to my question :confused:

I am grateful if I get a heart I just don't want to be rude to anyone by not saying thank you if I'm supposed to and I don't know how to reply to the notification.

I don't thank people for hearts. So many people can heart a post that you'd be there all day thanking everyone.

We have a reputation system in place on here also, if you look further down in chit chat I have posted a topic about it to help geeks who don't know about it. We always say thank you for Rep, as Rep is usually given on occasions where you strongly agree with something that has been said, someone has had a good idea or has perhaps helped you in a way that deserves a bit of an extra special thank you.

But hearts, we can clearly see from the post that people have appreciated what we've said and no need to thank everyone for those :wink2:

All Geeks do their own thing and I dont feel bad if I don't get a thank you as we all interact so regularly on here I know we are all respectful and appreciative of one another.

I try to always thank someone for a heart, I feel that they took the time to actually click on the heart rather than just thinking that they agree. I value all the input from this site and it's nice to know there are others who feel or think the same way, if certain people heart you regularly it's a perfect opportunity to add them as a friend and by then you have already built up some sort of relationship when sending thank you messages. Also I still feel like a newbie and am still excited whenever more experienced Geeks actually speak to me :wink2:

Just do what you feel to be right for you, and I think it is sweet that you actually took the time post the question. ( By Jove methinks the girl has manners :biggrin: )

Welcome

Sorry to butt in but can you see reps on the app because I can't seem to find them. I only use my phone to go on here now as my laptop broke :(

Sorry to butt in but can you see reps on the app because I can't seem to find them. I only use my phone to go on here now as my laptop broke :(

You can't via the app no, but just use your safari/internet on your phone instead and you can access the full site ;)

If you read "Your Reputation" that I posted, it's all explained in there xx

Great thread....I may have to heart it!

I don't usually message to say thank-you, but I always smile when I get one, and I think they're a great feature of the site.

Thank you ladies for taking the time to reply - much appreciated, and thank you for the hearts too :biggrin: they do make you smile don't they?

I started thanking people for hearts and reps after I learnt about them, but then I kinda slowed down on the hearts cuz its a bit much. Just know, peoples, all is very much appreciated! Thanks for the hearts past, present, and future. :lol:

I never thank anyone for hearts because as soon as we got the hearts on the site, we all went mad hearting all the posts we liked and I simply didn't have the time to go around and thank everyone and I wouldn't expect anyone to thank me, but as planky says, rep is different and I would always thank geeks for rep.

A big thank you to everyone who has ever hearted my posts... it's very much appreciated and they make me smile too.

:Love::Love::Love::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I never thank anyone for hearts because as soon as we got the hearts on the site, we all went mad hearting all the posts we liked and I simply didn't have the time to go around and thank everyone and I wouldn't expect anyone to thank me, but as planky says, rep is different and I would always thank geeks for rep.

A big thank you to everyone who has ever hearted my posts... it's very much appreciated and they make me smile too.

:Love::Love::Love::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

GAWDD! I eventually got around to thanking YOU! Let it go already, An*Gel! :lol:

I rarely get time to use the pc so rely heavily on my phone app, unfortunately I haven't figured out if it's possible to tell if someone has hearted or given rep on the app.

I logged into the pc today and had a few notifications about hearts, I must say I didn't thank them because some went back to when I joined so they probably wouldn't even remember what they hearted!!

So let me just say thank you to all now xxx❤

I rarely get time to use the pc so rely heavily on my phone app, unfortunately I haven't figured out if it's possible to tell if someone has hearted or given rep on the app.

I logged into the pc today and had a few notifications about hearts, I must say I didn't thank them because some went back to when I joined so they probably wouldn't even remember what they hearted!!

So let me just say thank you to all now xxx❤
You can use your phine's Internet browser to get on SG and it pretty much is exactly like PC access aside from a few restrictions :)

I'll give that a go, thanks hun xx

soooo glad this has been posted. I dont thank other geeks for "hearting" me either. Dont want to come across rude, but I do not think to "heart" a post needs a response - we could end up in the situation whereby we heart a response, the op thanks you for hearting it, then you reply back to them thanking them for their heart ......etc

Sooo thanks to anyone thats has liked any of my posts -

I only recently discovered the reputation thanks to your other thread Planky and by then it was too late to thank peeps! :/

Then someone thanked me for a heart and I thought eek! I've never thanked for a heart OR rep now! Im some sort of praise-monster that goes round collecting but not giving out the love :D :D :D

So thanks y'all! Xx great post btw

I only recently discovered the reputation thanks to your other thread Planky and by then it was too late to thank peeps! :/

Then someone thanked me for a heart and I thought eek! I've never thanked for a heart OR rep now! Im some sort of praise-monster that goes round collecting but not giving out the love :D :D :D

That was me too. I felt awful LOL

I'm guilty of thanking... Why.... Cos in my early days on here I was thanked for mine, and like you didn't know the 'system' but glad I did as it started a couple of salon geek friendships 😊- so I assumed it was the done thing.. 😍
Welcome to the site and good topic ! x

I have been thanking people lately but I know I have forgotten many times to do so........so a big thank you to anyone who has hearted me.

Would be nice if the hearts went towards our rep as I've noticed a huge decline in reps these days compared to a few years ago. I myself am also responsible for forgetting to rep people now the heart system has come into place.

Latest posts

Back