Heartbroken - my salon has been burnt down

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urbanspa

Reaction score
Pretty much what the title says. My family run hair & beauty salon was in flames when I got there early this morning.

Such an odd day of numbness, horror, devastation and the odd things niggling at me like "I need to get this or that" but "oh, no I can't it's burnt".

The bit that gets me most is people apparently taking pictures of me in tears.

The support of our local community has been wonderful, but now I am home I cannot sleep as tired as I am.

If anyone has been through this before I would appreciate some help or any advise xxxx

My contact details are best via https://www.facebook.com/UrbanSpaRetreat

Omg that's awful! I have no advice I'm afraid but I wish you all the best in getting things back up and running! It must have been such a shock! You and your family will really need to keep strong together now, you'll help each other through it, not to make light of it in anyway at all but at least you guys are all safe & no one got hurt, all the stuff inside can be replaced, it's heartbreaking to loose everything you've worked so hard for! I hope you can rebuild and continue trading very soon, sending big hugs to u all xx

So sorry to hear this. Sending you strength x

Devastating news, I'm so sorry.

I saw the news on FB last night on a friend's timeline. I'm so very sorry. You must be in shock.

I had a house fire caused by an electrical fault a few years ago in the January and we had no central heating for the rest of that winter. Thankfully, only the kitchen/dining room was affected. We were very lucky as it started about 6am when the boiler kicked in and we were asleep but the smoke alarm woke us up. It had been 'serviced' the previous day! :eek:

Get onto your insurers ASAP and see what advice they can offer to keep you in business, whilst they sort out your claim. You should get a report from the fire brigade which will help to establish the cause of the fire. This will be important in regards to your insurance claim.

If it helps, start writing lists. It will give you something to focus your thoughts on and will come in handy at some point.

As Kahuna said, at least no-one was physically hurt in the fire. Allow that thought to offer a small bit of comfort to you.

Big hugs.

Last edited:
No advice but I'm so so sorry this happened to you. Sending hugs and love, you will get over this and get back on track doing what you love, it will take time but you'll get there x

So sorry to hear that, you must be devastated. Big hugs.

Shame on the ones taking photos of you upset, the world has gone mad. X

Oh my goodness that's just awful! I hope you're able to get things sorted speedily and don't forget to look after yourself at this time too - you've had a terrible shock xx

How awful! Glad you and your family are safe! I hope things get sorted quickly for you, such a devastating thing to happen xx

That is absolutely devastating for you and your family so so sorry to hear it, thank goodness nobody has been hurt, could you maybe set up from home for the time being if you wanted to? Sending virtual hugs x

I'm so sorry for you news.

Maybe get onto your local council and see if there are any properties close by that you can set up a 'Pop up shop' in. Or even rent a room at a local beautician/hair salon - ask around your community you will be surprised how accommodating people can be given what you have been through.
You should be able to claim this back on insurance, this is probably more beneficial for them financially than paying out 'loss of earnings' to you. I really hope this helps love xxxx

That's awful news, I'm glad no one was hurt. You will come back from this bigger and better I'm sure xxx

I can't begin to imagine how devastating this is. Sending you my love and best wishes.

Vic x

So sorry to read this, heart goes out to you all,
Hope it's not to long before you all recover from this disaster and are back up snd running soon x

It's just a massive hump on your journey - in 2 years time this day will be a bad memory so stay positive and tell yourself things will get better. Xxx

Thank you everyone. We were called by CID lastnight that its arson and a man has been arrested on suspicion of it.

I'm so humbled by the local and national support. I'm fully insured and loss adjusters have been to see us briefly.

Every bit of advice people are giving me I am listening to and will use this to help guide my decisions etc.

Typically Salon Gold my insurers are close on the weekend! XXXX

That's awful! Why would someone do that deliberately! There's some despicable people out there! Can't imagine how devastated you are right now but you will find strength and come out the other side,xxx

Im so sorry to hear this! I hope you get it all sorted soon! X

Just wanted to add my love and support at this time x

Sending big hugs your way!!!!

Latest posts

Back