Heat From Acrylic!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellasmum

Reaction score
Hiya,

Just had a client for P&W NSI attraction acrylics and she complained that once the pink was put on her nails felt hot!!! I held the nail and yes it had heated up.....never had this happen before. It happened on 5 of her nails....so weird, it lasted about 1 min and then went off, what did I do different???:eek:

Sam

could have been to do with the ratio....i don't do L&P so i could be wrong but sure i read about it happening when working to wet ..??

what condition where her nails in to start with ? x

did you put a new set on? If so i think this is caused by over filing on the natural nail bed or if the nail bed is weak please correct me if i'm wrong as i only do nails part time and would like to know the correct answer myself if this isn't correct.

Hello
I have felt my own nails go hotish like this too, and it was also with the attraction
kit too but it it didn't last too long or get too hot, I would also like to know if I am doing something wrong:hug: any geeks out there know what it could be ?:hug:

I too would be looking at the condition of the nails to start with, are they thin? over filed?

Too wet a mix ratio could also contribute, I would think that a large bead of too wet a mix ratio would be even more likely to cause this.

Hiya,

Just had a client for P&W NSI attraction acrylics and she complained that once the pink was put on her nails felt hot!!! I held the nail and yes it had heated up.....never had this happen before. It happened on 5 of her nails....so weird, it lasted about 1 min and then went off, what did I do different???:eek:

Sam

Hiya Sam

I dont want to sound like im trying to teach my Granny how to suck eggs but.

Heat build up is always there no matter which system you use,it is more likely your client will feel the heat with gel or silk as opposed to L&P. This is mainly due to polymerization of the product but can also be a combination of sensitisation on the nail bed if over filed.

I hope this doesn't sound patronising.

King regards
Tracey:hug:

hi hun
this is acctually from what i refer to as 'nail trauma'! if a client is heavy handed with her nails ie bumping them, using them as tools etc or if she has pulled her nails off instead of soaking them in acetone or recently had one replaced through damage, i tell my clients its sort of like an invisible bruse. there has been some trauma to the nail bed, it can even be repetitive trauma if a particular client works tapping keys on a computer all day long and her nails are too long. when the new acryic is being applied it is common that heat will effect the traumatised nail beds, it is the acrylic cure-ing to the keratin in the natural nail plate. usually more common in the two first fingers of the clients dominating hand (ie right if they're right handed) because these are the ones which will be bumping and catching more than say her pinkie fingers.
the best remedy for this is to press lightly on the nail for five seconds, talk to the client whilest your doing this and educate her of why you think it has happened, chances are she will tell you a tale of how she did catch that nail a few days ealier making the bed or on the car door etc (or that she pulled her nails off)! before you know it the heat has gone and your client has forgotten all about it. also the key to futher problems for next time is to tell them to use plenty of solar oil and keep their nails slightly shorter this time. :)

The nail plates having suffered trauma, or being thin, or even applying the L&P too thick and too wet could cause this reaction.

I had this happen to me when a client had shut her finger in the car door. After letting the nail calm down for a few days, i reapplied the product and she did feel the heat for a few seconds. Since her nail has grown, she no longer feels it.

All systems react in this way and produce heat, as was said before, but you usually don't feel it on L&P, mainly gel is the main one.

Hi,

Before i was a nail tech i used to get my nails done with nsi products and this used to happen to me, I was told to tap my nail on the desk as this would stop the reaction (it worked). It didnt last very long. I always felt it more when i had pulled my nails off and got a new set done. So i would agree that when the nails are weaker from being damaged.

I dont use nsi myself and none of my clients have ever complained about this happening. It only happens now with gel as you are speeding up the process of polymersation using the uv lamp this is why you have the burning reaction.

Hope this helps

Thanks to all of you. Her nails were not obviously thin but did in fact tell me she pulled her last set (Some months ago) off with her teeth!!!!!!! I only work thin and not too wet so have to say I think it must be down to trauma.....never had this happen before.
Thanks for the advice everyone.....have a fabby weekend to all of you.
I have my last client this morning and then I am off to sunny sunny spain for 2 weeks with my girls. Going to the costa Dorada, near Tarragona.....

Latest posts

Back