Heat protection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traveller75

Reaction score
Hello

I'm over from nails.

I've started straightening my hair and have bought some vo5 heat protection spray as an emergency purchase, but I'm wondering if there's a better product I could be using? I don't want to end up frazzled and dry. I use Moroccan oil shampoo and conditioner plus the actual oil, my hair is highlighted but recently had a lot cut off as it was beyond rescue probably due to me not going for regular trims :oops: Its in good condition now and I want it to stay that way.

Any recommendations? Stop straightening my hair? Any help will be much appreciated.

What heat setting do you have your straighteners on?
Too hot and it will cause the most damage to hair. I won’t recommend straighteners that don’t have a temperature control option.
Watch the video below as it will help you work out how best to care for your colour treated hair.
Generally a max setting of 180 degrees.
The video refers to Fahrenheit settings so that’s why the numbers are so high! :eek:

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/why-does-my-colour-fade-so-quickly.322324/

I do have heat settings....just watched the video.....I'll be turning them right down. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back