heat spike from ibd intense seal???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotus blossom

Reaction score
has anyone experienced this??
all im doing is applying this over l and p nails and ive had two clients complain of a short sharp pain as soon as they are in the lamp
anyone else????

:eek:

If you're curing the IBD gel in a Brisa lamp (being as I know you have a Brisa lamp lol) then the chances are that the photoinitiators in the IBD gel are too 'fast' and that's what's causing the exothermic reaction. The only way to overcome this would be to either use the recommended IBD UV lamp with the IBD gel, use Brisa Finishing Gloss with your Brisa lamp OR do a flash cure just outside the lamp so that the gel starts to cure before curing fully, this should stop or reduce the exothermic reaction.

hth's a bit x

a star as usual sandi xxxx
thankyou xxx

I've had heat spike with Intense Seal too, using an IBD lamp.

Not quite sure why.

Its happened on me and some of my other clients, but not all the time.

Still love the stuff though :green:

in my experience with my clients and myself heat spike is experienced after filing. I always used ibd products and dont always get heat spike so i dont think it's always the product at fault.
Being more relaxed on myself and not worrying so much wether i hurt myself or not, i get heat spike and i know ive filed too much, which is common as i have very thin nail plates.

I get this too hun with intense seal i us a creative lamp and manly get it on the thumbs so i figure that it was when the client puts there hand in the thumbs are flat so the product goes to one side of the thumbs as i think it happens when its put on too thick???
so know i put the thumbs in seperately and it cures fine xxxx HTH xxxx

I often get it when using intense seal in my daylight and ibd lamp. Its just a little tingle, not like the exothermic reaction you get with builder gels sometimes.

ignore my answer hun i thought we were talking about the little lumps when curing the top coat sorry it was early when i answered lol will read it properly next time xx

Iv had this before , when the product has been to thick

I dont see how intense seal over the overlay could cause heat spike?! Because surely theres a 'hard' coating on the nail to protect it?!

I always hought the heat spike was a mixture of friction burn, and the gel shrinking whilst it cured. So a thin layer of intense seal shouldnt really do this?

???

I have had a heat spike with IBD intense seal, but only on a client with really damaged nail plates.
I have used it with Brisa lamp without any problems.

Hi
just wanted to say that when I trained we were told about the Viscosity of different gels, ie thickness. When a gel is thicker you will sometimes get the heat spike you are referring to. We were told to remove hand from lamp and gently tap hand flat on table and then return for total cure, or start off with the nails in the "glow" of the lamp for people with sensitve nail beds.
Hope that makes sense
Cath :)

has anyone experienced this??
all im doing is applying this over l and p nails and ive had two clients complain of a short sharp pain as soon as they are in the lamp
anyone else????

:eek:
Same with my clients and none of them had damaged nails.
It will heat up quickly ,so I decided to ditch it. It was not shiney as my Akzentz Top Gloss and I didn't want them jumping in their chair.

I've never had complaints about the heat spike but i'm usually left with some tiny bumps in the nails (much like sand), at first i thought this could be dust under the intense seal but no matter how much i clean the nails i still get this. As anyone experienced this?

i absolutely love this product..and so do my clients. While i was waiting for my order and clients had finishing gloss on instead they were all complaining of the gloss not lasting...maybe its our different climate..but its strange:lol:
I do use the brisa lamp for the intense seal and can say i personally have had the heat spike on my own nails as i tend to file off old product while watching tv
icon_redface.gif
i guess the answer lies directly with the condition of those two clients nails..if it isnt spiking on everyone then the problem isnt with the product. Perhaps you have just replaced your bulbs, if these clients nails arent thin?:confused:

Prionace, i have the occasional "bobble" lafter curing, it is annoying, but doesnt happen often, the easy cure is getting out your 3 way.

I've never had complaints about the heat spike but i'm usually left with some tiny bumps in the nails (much like sand), at first i thought this could be dust under the intense seal but no matter how much i clean the nails i still get this. As anyone experienced this?
I have had this too when it's applied to thick.

Latest posts

Back