Heated mitts or paraffin wax bath?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

graffspider

Reaction score
Hi new friends

As a newbie, starting out as a mobile technician, I would really really appreciate your advice on whether it would be better to use heated mitts or get a paraffin wax bath for manicures.

Also if anyone knows a good but yet cheap supplier for either please can you let me know.

thank you loads

Hi

Welcome to the BEST site for nail techs, you will soon be addicted!!

I use both systems but the paraffin wax is an add-on for which I charge a small additional fee. Some of my slightly "older" clients enjoy the soft feeling their hands have after the paraffin wax treatment which makes it worthwhile offering this service but I use the heated mitts on ALL spa manicures (which are my most popular manicure treatment). If are limited by funds then personally I would choose the heated mitts and add the paraffin wax bath on when funds allow.

I got both of mine from Beauty Express: 0845 702 3803 but if you are going to Olympia then check out a few suppliers there.

HTH :)

Shaza

thanks sooo much, think i'm going to go with the heated mitts at first and then move up to the paraffin bath

will definately give beauty express a call and get a catalogue

I was told that you can brush on the parrafin wax during the spa manicure and wrap in plastic then put in the mitts???:confused:
I have not studied manicure myself but am looking into doing a course at the mo so any help would b greatly appreciated.:D

hi
you can heat up parrafin and then brush on but you get a lot of waste doing it this way = more cost less profit.

Hi

I use both, hot oils and mitts, and as top chic said, with the paraffin wax i also use the heated mittens, feels soooo nice, and makes it more of a pampering service for the client i think.

Don't know if that's been much help really :rolleyes:

best of luck with your new business :lol:

graffspider said:
...starting out as a mobile technician, I would really really appreciate your advice on whether it would be better to use heated mitts or get a paraffin wax bath for manicures.

If working on a mobile basis, you would have to be careful which parafin bath you bought - not all of them have locking lids and liquid wax & motion aren't a good mix :eek: it's not easy getting it out of your clothes if you spill it - let alone a car seat.

For this reason alone - I'd go with the mitts of I were you.

:green:

feebeast said:
If working on a mobile basis, you would have to be careful which parafin bath you bought - not all of them have locking lids and liquid wax & motion aren't a good mix :eek: it's not easy getting it out of your clothes if you spill it - let alone a car seat.

For this reason alone - I'd go with the mitts of I were you.

:green:

I TOTALLY agree!! First time I went out mobile with my (already warmed) paraffin wax I managed to give my front seat a lovely coat of wax and its hellish to get off. Now I pre-warm the wax then let it cool slightly before covering with cling film and then replace lid. Oh and you need to go very carefully round corners and over bumps :lol:

Shaza

thanks for all your help, your all wonderful, i'll definately go with the mitts.

sorry for the delay in replying, just moved home to totally new area!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back