Heating your rooms!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mimo9

Reaction score
How do you all heat your treatment rooms? We are just about to expand from sunbed tanning, nails and spray tanning into all types of beauty treatments and need a good solution for the winter months. Last year we powered up the sunbeds in the morning and used some Dimplex heaters but that won't work in the new area as it's actually next door, but hopefully open plan (when I knock a wall down :wink2:)! It's quite a big space and I'm stressing about heating it in winter and keeping it cool in summer so any advice will be welcome.

Heated blankets on the couch is a very nice touch xx

Argos do single heated blankets which are perfect! X

Yes ditto I have a single electric blanket from asda about £11.99 and some lovely wall mounter heaters that plug into socket for about 17.99 from amazon no clutter on floors easy to clean easy on and off and no need to heat the whole building.

I changed all my bulbs to led for cost and noticed a significant reduction in heat, funny how much normal bulbs give off heat, which is good in winter but stifling in summer. Now total control of energy consumption and heat :)

I even notice the wax pot can raise the room temp too

Are you planning on staying in that building for a long time it might be an idea to look into gas central heating, maybe talk to the land lord :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

We have underfloor electric heating. If the timer is on, it heats up quite nicely and keeps it comfortable.

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Are you planning on staying in that building for a long time it might be an idea to look into gas central heating, maybe talk to the land lord :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

I am Lynn and am planning to ask if he'll contribute, just not sure what is the most suitable AND economical way to heat (what will be) quite a large salon! Thank you!

We have underfloor electric heating. If the timer is on, it heats up quite nicely and keeps it comfortable.

Hadn't thought of this for the new area. I'll look into it, thank you. x

Latest posts

Back