Heel grips for shoes that are too big?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkcouture

Reaction score
I am having such trouble finding a pair of shoes for a wedding that fit me properly. I am a small size 3, could probably fit in a 2 but unfortunately most high street shoes start at a 3 😡 in fact I am sure either my feet have shrunk or shoes are being made bigger because this never used to be a problem for me, size 3 used to fit me perfectly.
Anyway I have bought a pair of peep toe platform heels from New Look but the gap at the back is annoying me so does anyone have any tricks or recommendations on heel grips/snugs? I have looked on Amazon but they all have really mixed reviews and I don't want to spend a fortune buying loads of different ones. Thanks ladies :)

I am having such trouble finding a pair of shoes for a wedding that fit me properly. I am a small size 3, could probably fit in a 2 but unfortunately most high street shoes start at a 3 😡 in fact I am sure either my feet have shrunk or shoes are being made bigger because this never used to be a problem for me, size 3 used to fit me perfectly.
Anyway I have bought a pair of peep toe platform heels from New Look but the gap at the back is annoying me so does anyone have any tricks or recommendations on heel grips/snugs? I have looked on Amazon but they all have really mixed reviews and I don't want to spend a fortune buying loads of different ones. Thanks ladies :)

Tissue folded up a few times at the heel lol n wen it starts to flatten to much jus change for new one

I got some heel grips from the pound shop. They worked for me worth a try x

I normally get heal grips in Boots. I do have a pair of shoes that are very big on me and I use the pads you put under furniture legs to stop them scratching the floor in place of the grips as I find they are much thicker. Just make sure the top of them is soft.

Thank you for the recommendations, I wish high street sizes started at 2 lol

I used the scholl ones. They are a gel cushion that just sticks inside the back of your heel. My shoes never used to slip with them 👍x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow this is exactly my problem too!! My feet are tiny plus narrow which makes buying shoes an absolutely nightmare.

I've found the new look kids range are ok - I got some platform wedges in a size 2 which fit perfectly. If I have to buy an adult size 3 I have to put an insole in plus the sticky heel grips on the back too. Once I even put blu tak inside aswell coz the blimmin things were still slipping off! I feel your pain!

Are the New Look kid shoes 'adult looking' though? I just wish I could get adult styles in smaller sizes 😡 i have narrow feet as well so i find it so hard to get shoes. They accommodate people with wide or big feet but nothing for people with small feet. I have the same problem with clothes as I am short! Most places do petite ranges now but they never have that many items compared to the normal ranges, so unfair! I think we have found a gap in the market!

Are the New Look kid shoes 'adult looking' though? I just wish I could get adult styles in smaller sizes 😡 i have narrow feet as well so i find it so hard to get shoes. They accommodate people with wide or big feet but nothing for people with small feet. I have the same problem with clothes as I am short! Most places do petite ranges now but they never have that many items compared to the normal ranges, so unfair! I think we have found a gap in the market!

I got plain black platform wedges from the kids range and they look like adults just not as high (I can't wear really high anyway as I have a back problem). I agree, they cater for "extra wide" feet and plus size people but hardly anything for us little'uns.

Because I am so short I prefer a higher heel just to make me a bit taller. The shoes I have bought are peep toe so I can't even stuff tissue in the toes :(

It's just as hard to find nice shoes when you're feet are a huge size 9!

It's just as hard to find nice shoes when you're feet are a huge size 9!

Try size 10! All the nice shoes at the stores I go to are all size 8-9. Giant feet like mine suck as well :(

Its not fair is it :( my sister has huge feet but somehow manages to find loads of shoes, in the sale as well! I'll find out where she gets them from

Have you tried ordering online from china, Chinese women have tiny feet so should be a lot more choice, my friend bought a gorgeous pair of fake louboutins from aliexpress in a size 3 for £20 and they were better quality than new look, took a while to arrive though x

Try popping an insole in this can take the shoe size down half a size. I'm a 4 and a half so have to do this sometimes x

Sent from my K00F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back