Heels or flats?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I love my shoes.... they always fit!

However I have slipped into the flat shoe trap, and wear them constantly. Comfort has edged out style :eek:
I wore heels last Saturday, not even that high, and my legs were agony the next day!
I need to wear my heels more often!

Anyone else got the same problem or would you never give up your heels?

Pictures of your favourite shoes would be great too, even if I don't wear my heels too much these days I still love to take them out and look at them!

I'm definitely a flats kind of gal and I'm only 5ft 1.5 ;)

I'm a flip flop/sandal wearer in the summer and a knee high black boots in the winter.

I used to wear what my friends coined as Monster Heels when I went out for the night, but they were actually tame by comparison with todays offerings! I bought a beautiful pair of suede 6 inch heels last year, tried them on, took one step and promptly fell flat on my face and carpet burned my knees through my pj bottoms!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love my heels but I don't drive so seem to walk a lot so ballerinas are worn more!
I have so many heels xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408885184.919030.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408885228.644358.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408885287.854084.jpg
Mind I buy them and never wear them :(x

Lila I loooove all of those! I have serious shoe envy ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used to wear enormous heels for work all the time but since having my little boy, I stick to comfy flats 90% of the time.

I love my Sketchers with the memory foam inserts. I've got 4 pairs in various colours. :biggrin:

My principle reason for not wearing heels is that I'm quite tall, anyway, and would be well over 6' in them! That apart, even relatively lowish heels make the balls of my feet literally burn and so I'm now a serious 'Flatie.' I wear FitFlops all summer and move over to their boots in winter. I dread special occasions when neither are suitable. I do love the look of heels, though.

Fashion gave way to comfort years ago, for me. :rolleyes:

I used to wear enormous heels for work all the time but since having my little boy, I stick to comfy flats 90% of the time.

I love my Sketchers with the memory foam inserts. I've got 4 pairs in various colours. :biggrin:

It could be worse it could be the ugliest of all ugly shoes...Crocs :eek:

I too have succumbed to the comfort of sketchers...so so comfy :Love:

Sorry to lower the tone of your thread Izzi but these are my favourite things to wear :green:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 287
I love high heels but I seem to wear flats or sandals because of having to push the daughter in the pram.

Sorry to lower the tone of your thread Izzi but these are my favourite things to wear :green:

I actually think my slippers are uglier ;) my pic is a kind of descent down the heels.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 290
I tend to wear flats most of the time, saving the heels for special occasions when flats just don't look right somehow.

I only feel comfortable in heels for approximately 30 minutes, then they either begin to hurt or I start to lose my balance, which can be embarrassing when you've not even had a drink :lol:

Ooh, I love those red shoes, Izzi.
I wish, wish, wish I could wear heels, I look much better in them, but I always wear flats. I tend to wear ballet flats, and usually quite cheap ones.
Funnily enough, I never wear slippers. I had to buy a pair for a hospital visit a couple of years ago, and I put them in the bin on the way out! I like bare feet as much as possible, and would go out with bare feet if I could!

I tend to wear flats most of the time, saving the heels for special occasions when flats just don't look right somehow.

I only feel comfortable in heels for approximately 30 minutes, then they either begin to hurt or I start to lose my balance, which can be embarrassing when you've not even had a drink :lol:

It's the balance thing with me - even just standing still in them!

I actually think my slippers are uglier ;) my pic is a kind of descent down the heels.....

Izzidoll I am in love with those red shoes!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Dandie, you and me both.

I've gone from heels to flats to nothing.

I simply hate shoes.

Debbie

Just remembered. I had a clear out few weeks back. I was going to sell some Kirk Geiger shoes, worn twice! Hubby got bags mixed up and took to tip with a load of rubbish. Uh oh but I've not missed them!

Debbie

The red shoes are my favourites too, I used to find them so comfy, but I've had them since 2007!
I remember because after I bought them I decided to return them but en route to the shop I was involved in a car accident almost writing off my car....never got to the shop so kept the shoes!

Love heels and a little bit of my collection 😍 i wish I wore them more! I just can't drive in them so always take flats in my car to swap over. Flats for everyday minus boots with a bit of a heel and then any of these for date nights, occasions, going out etc. But get really sore after a while :( ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408907033.985004.jpg

Love heels and a little bit of my collection 😍 i wish I wore them more! I just can't drive in them so always take flats in my car to swap over. Flats for everyday minus boots with a bit of a heel and then any of these for date nights, occasions, going out etc. But get really sore after a while :( View attachment 73474

Finally someone who still can wear heels!
I was beginning to think we had all gone to the flat side :(

Gorgeous collection!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408955442.567798.jpg
These are my most wearable ones and most my other heels are in boxes so forget I have them :( like cupcake I'll wear if out shopping, for a meal ect but other then that it's flats! Xx

Latest posts

Back