Hello Everyone!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpkin8

Reaction score
Hi,
My name's Vicki and I learned nails in Florida in 1999...Anyway, I did nails for 2 years after that but after a divorce and many other distractions baby etc. (you know how it can be!) I'm now wanting to get back into the industry. I work at the airport and have alot of crew that are friends, they've seen what I used to do and have all told me that I should get back into it...I'd have to be part time to begin as I'd have to keep my day job. But at the risk of sounding silly, can anyone tell me of the type of qualifications I'd need to work here? I'm English, I just took my course in FL so it's completly different qualifications I'm assuming? I know there's refresher courses, which I fully intend on taking, but I didn't know if I'd need anything else on top of this? :irked:

Also, one last question and I promise to leave everyone alone! - but I'm also interested in going to a competition...Not to join in, just because I've always wanted to go and would find it really interesting! Do I have to sign up for this or can I just show up?

Anyway, thank you for reading...hope to hear from you. One last thing - I'm completly obsessed with this website!!!!!!
Vicki X

welcome to salon geek vicki xx

Welcome to the Salon Geek xxxxx

Hi Vicki,
Nice to have you on the site. There are lots of places to train in UK, I trained with NSI, but there are many others, As you are already able to do nails, but you don't say which system, I am sure you will have no trouble.
I have not done any competitions yet, but like you I would love to have a go, But I do think you have to pre register, I could be wrong. Some one will point you in the right direction. Have fun, lotsa luv x :hug::hug:

Welcome to the salon geek.

the best thing to do is to phone the insurance company you intend to use and ask them if they will accept your existing qualifications. If you were trained with a product that is used in the UK then I recommend to do a refresher course with them to give you your skills back.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

Latest posts

Back