hello hair geeks in the know!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
Summer is here in ozland.. and im feeling like lighting up my hair..
I dont want to be blonde.. but i do want something that will give me a lift!
I have naturally dirty blonde (mousy) hair that i get my hairdresser to darken.. so can i lighten up without bleach?? im going to attach some photo's of me so you can see my skin tone.. Which does darken in summer.. also you may get an idea of my hair from it..
I was thinking even a few lifts throughout it may do the job.. Im sure im not the only one who lightens up for summer.. so what would you recommend? My hairdresser is mobile so it would help to tell her over the phone what i want and see if she can do it..
head.jpg

Discofever033.jpg

Do you think i could carry off something like this..
willsmithholiday.jpg

I realise thats bleach but i feel its the only option available to me..
what do you think?

Hiya,if your hair is tinted the only thing that will lift it is bleach.

Thats ok,it's nothing like it was years ago,when done correctly.

Wether the look attatched is for you,it's best that your hairdresser comes out for a consultation.

Depending on how much tint build up you have and the condition of your hair will depend on what levels of lift your colourist can acheive

hth's

Hi there , I agree with becki about needing bleach if it is already got any previous colour on it ,

Has your hair got any colour on it or is is completely natural ?

I think the pic is fab and it would suit you as you are similar in looks and have a similar shaped face,

The only thing is even on natural hair of your colour, tint wouldnt lift it to that degree of lightness
It would have to be bleach that could only achieve this,
but as becki says it would all depend on the consultation and your hairs condition ect ,
you could ask your hairdresser to do some test pieces for you so you can see do you like what you could achieve,

Even if you just get it cut like that you could funk it up with a couple of hair extensions around the front areas ,

once again I love that pic the colour and cut is fab and funky
hope you can get it and if you can you'll have to send us some more pics good luck :hug: minky

Aunty Tim suggests :) if you have gone light and dark in the last 3 years, looking at your picture, your mid lengths to ends are dark, compared to your mid lengths to root. Color on color on color = breakage, be very careful trying to achieve Blondie, even in sections/panels, demarcation lines will show you where weak spots are.
Your hairdresser may have to post you the results (in an envelope).
He suggests color-ban, choose a color that you like even if lighter than what you have and start again (on virgin hair).
Attack the hair with a razor, cut out all dark hair from mid lengths to ends, possible to foil root to midlengths (welcome to a shaggy classic look)
where in Aus are you ?

working with students daily gives me the opportunity to say that if handled correctly, care is taken and the appropriate products are chosen this can be done. Cosmetology students are famous world wide for changing their hair color on a well, weekly basis- I do NOT recommend this, but some of them think that they'll just go get something and do it anyway.

The artificial pigment that your stylist uses to make your hair a darker shade will be difficult to remove, it doesn't break down the same as your natural pigment. The results are much much warmer. (usually orange) If you are not opposed to a lighter brown shade, this is no problem, highlight the desired strands to the level you chose and choose a color at the appropriate level to cancel out the unwanted warmth. There are several manufacturer's who make products specifically for highlighting over tinted hair.

Vero Ultra bleach by Joico, Maji Contrast L'oreal, Blazing Hair Scruples- just to name a few.

Your best bet, talk to your stylist, she'll know what she used and if it can be removed

Aunty Tim suggests :) if you have gone light and dark in the last 3 years, looking at your picture, your mid lengths to ends are dark, compared to your mid lengths to root. Color on color on color = breakage, be very careful trying to achieve Blondie, even in sections/panels, demarcation lines will show you where weak spots are.
Your hairdresser may have to post you the results (in an envelope).
He suggests color-ban, choose a color that you like even if lighter than what you have and start again (on virgin hair).
Attack the hair with a razor, cut out all dark hair from mid lengths to ends, possible to foil root to midlengths (welcome to a shaggy classic look)
where in Aus are you ?

I am in SA.. The Barossa Valley..
I like the sound of this.. obviously i will loose a whole lot of length yea? but its basically what i want.. and yes.. i have Blonde covered by brunnette mid to roots.. and natural (mousie) covered with brunnette roots to mid.. is keeping the length at the back an option? razoring layers into the top and around the face wont give me a mullet look will it?
the ideas i get from here are just a platform to speaking with Helen my stylist.. its easier when you can give them an idea of what you want.. because they aint mind readers .. i need a change!

Latest posts

Back