Hello!- is spray tanning easy/profitable ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi ya Folkes!

just stumbled on this site! - Im an office bod!, but am thinking about investing in the mini mist kit by Tantrick, to do as evening/wkend side line...I know this is a nails site, but i noticed some of the threads had info on it and thought some of you guys might be able to give some good advice...

any thoughts on spray tanning as a part time job?
what problems has anyone came up against...?
What companys do you suggest to get the products from..?
are people happy to pay £15 per spray or do you think it should be cheaper?
Is the one day training good enough?

anyway, any advice would be useful! - Enjoy the heat wave!!!

Cheers! Kellie x

Where i live all the salons charge £25 for a spray tan and people are happy to pay that so id say £15 was cheap but obviously it depends on the location x

if you are in London hun you should charge £25 min, its very profitable especially a this time of year xxxxxxx

Cheers ladies...its kind of a bit pie in the sky for me a bit at the mo...but Im defo serious about starting it up!...so thanks for your comments!
xx

Hi,

Welcome to the site - you will soon be hooked!!

I have only just started spray tanning and have done two with anotehr 3 booked in for next week. After much research eventually went with Celebrity Secrets as they also do the Minimist with 2 litres of solution (that has a lovely coconutty smell), posters and leaflets. Although I didn't do my training with them as they are just putting their training package together, I would say 1/2 to a full day is best. From what I have read on this site when they have finished putting the training schedule together it will be very comprehensive. However, I do know that Tantrick have a very good reputation also, the decision at the end of the day is yours.

Do a search for any threads relating to spray tanning and you will find so much information it will take you all day to read it (LOL).

I am charging £15 for a spray tan also, most salons around my area are charging £25. I am happy though for the time being charging £15.

Hope this helps and good luck with whichever system you decide to use

Spray tanning is very profitable and advertised well you can earn a good income from it especially from tanning parties etc. Remember to get public liability insurance once you have done your training though, this is very important. I charge £18 for a full body

I knew you guys would be a big help! - cheers everyone!!

can I ask, how much does the Employer liability insurance cost and how long does it take to come through..?

xx

My insurance is with professional beauty and I paid £44.50 for the year. I have not got the number near by at the mo but they have a website www.professionalbeauty.co.uk. there are other companies though if you want to shop around

Your a super star ! cheers! x

hiya

Yes i would defo say train with tantrick, i have trainned with the mini mist and i totaly love it, best moves i ever made.

go for it

:)
cnjacobs said:
hiya

Yes i would defo say train with tantrick, i have trainned with the mini mist and i totaly love it, best moves i ever made.

go for it

Charlotte

more thanks folkes !

Latest posts

Back