Hello! Newbie here!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superstar

Reaction score
WOW! I'm really impressed with this forum!!!

I've been doing some research on nail courses and came across this website, I think it will be my new best friend when i start my course! :)

I hope no you dont mind me asking questions straight away, but i really want to get some training but i'm not sure the best way to go. Eventually i would like to be a qualified nail technician, ultimate dream is to have my own business one day, but i'm not really sure of the right steps to take.

My local college do a manicure/pedicure course, and a nail extension course - i'd like to do both but the qualification is an IHBC. Is this a recognised qualification in the nail world? Or would i be better off with an NVQ?

I have so many questions to ask but think i'd better take one step at a time and not get annoying!!

it's nice to be here!
:biggrin:

Hi there and welcome - you will love this site! Everybody is really friendly and cant help enough! If you type in Education under search it will give you lots to read up and maybe answer some of your questions. If not, ask away!

Superstar said:
WOW! I'm really impressed with this forum!!!

I've been doing some research on nail courses and came across this website, I think it will be my new best friend when i start my course! :)

I hope no you dont mind me asking questions straight away, but i really want to get some training but i'm not sure the best way to go. Eventually i would like to be a qualified nail technician, ultimate dream is to have my own business one day, but i'm not really sure of the right steps to take.

My local college do a manicure/pedicure course, and a nail extension course - i'd like to do both but the qualification is an IHBC. Is this a recognised qualification in the nail world? Or would i be better off with an NVQ?

I have so many questions to ask but think i'd better take one step at a time and not get annoying!!

it's nice to be here!
:biggrin:

Hiya and welcome to the boards :biggrin: A IHBC is a national recognised qualification(I should know i have 3). The Nvq level 19 is out in September i think, And will be a must for nail techs. Another route is to do a foundation course with one of the nail companies and work through their courses.
What ever you decide it will be whats best for you.

Great to have another newbie join our happy family. You will love this site and everyone is so helpful. As Carole said just look up in the search anything you want to know, there's normally something there to help. If not then away you go and ask, there's always someone who eill know what you need to know.

Enjoy yourself on here and good luck with the training.

Latest posts

Back