Help about henna on your hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybunnyx

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a red head but it's getting darker as I get older and looks a bit dull now, basically I heard you could use henna? On your hair as a hair dye...and that if you use a certain colour on Red heads then it goes more orange for the look to be a bit more orangey.

Does anyone one have info on this, does it work? Is it damaging for your hair?

Thanks x

I'm not sure about hennas? All I've ever heard from professional products is don't use if henna is on the hair! So guessing its not great for your hair? Especially if it goes wrong it will be harder to sort out!

I seem to remember in the dark corners of my memory using Henna on my sister years ago - she had natural base 4 then and it gave a gorgeous shiny coppery tinge - evil stuff to use as it smells like manure and is difficult to manage - falls off, stains everything!
I think that although Henna is a natural product (if you souce the right one) it does react with other Hairdressing chemicals so be careful :Scared:. I'm sure someone else will come along with a more comprehensive answer!

Lol thanks for replys x

And to anyone else my hair is natural muffin else on it at all x

Lush Henna is all natural - no metallic salts in it. A friend of mine uses it and loves it. Bit messy to apply as you have to melt it in a bowl and stuff and leave it on your head for ages - pretty sure it comes with instructions though.

It is dreadful stuff to use, and you cannot get rid of it once it's on your hair. You have to grow it out. No other services can be performed on your hair until its grown out.
Yes it's natural, but that don't mean it's good! There are some superb colour ranges on the market that are far better.

Dont do it! my gran used it once and she 82 indian lady, man she looked like ginger spice!! Not a good look and when it grew out, it stained her scalp and the colour took about 2 years to fade. So dont do it, its a nightmare to get out. xoxo

Im not a hair geek but doesnt it stop anything else from penetrating the hair because it coats it that much?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

It also drys the hair if repeatedly used.Not good !

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

A friend of mine done a clients hair. She said she didn't have henna, guaranteed her and would let her do a strand test just wanted the foils done. The foils starts steaming. Of course the client lied! Just done do it

Latest posts

Back