Help achieving this colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninar

Reaction score
hi, I'm after some advice my client has a natural level base 8 with 50% grey at the back of her head and 100% grey at the front, I use xp100 12.1 on roots and scattered bleach with 20vol highlights, she's wanting an all over White colour, can anyone offer me advice on what can achieve this please. Iv attached a photo of her hair and photo she sent me, thankyou

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 100
Do you have access to olaplex?

Its very yellow and dark for lifting on a base 8 are you sure she's an 8 naturally? It looks like only a level 7 raw undertone in some places.

As cam suggested, Olaplex would be very helpful here to keep the hair strong. The picture she's aiming to achieve is a full head of bleach and a toner, so you'd be looking at a colour correction kind of process - creating a totally even base to work on, then lightening it all to a true clean level 10 undercoat, then using a toner on it. Perhaps something from Loreals Luo range would be a good toner for this. Or Wella Illumina might be even better, they're brilliant X

It's very yellowy underneath iv only done her colour twice and applied to her roots only, I kinda knew I needed to do full head bleach to get an even base then tone but unsure what toner. I love the po1, but to be honest blondes scare me incase of snappage. I don't have access to olaplex unfortunately . Thankyou guys for your replies it's much appreciated xx

I'd be hesitant to bleach the hair without doing some strand tests.

Yeah I'm going over for consultation and will do strand tests

Try some strand tests with lightener and 1.9%, 3%, 6% and see if anything will lift her hair without severely compromising it. You'd need to be very careful of those highlights she's been having though - if the strand tests indicate that you can go ahead with this process then I'd be tempted to use very fine sections and pick up the darker bits in foil first. Then deal with your virgin roots and a toner separately. Your client needs to be prepared to be sat in that chair for a very long time in order to get this colour right, and she needs to be willing to use top quality aftercare on her hair x

Try some strand tests with lightener and 1.9%, 3%, 6% and see if anything will lift her hair without severely compromising it. You'd need to be very careful of those highlights she's been having though - if the strand tests indicate that you can go ahead with this process then I'd be tempted to use very fine sections and pick up the darker bits in foil first. Then deal with your virgin roots and a toner separately. Your client needs to be prepared to be sat in that chair for a very long time in order to get this colour right, and she needs to be willing to use top quality aftercare on her hair x
Thankyou :) xx

Latest posts

Back