help - acrylic nails...how too?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anastasia*

Reaction score
hi everyone!!

hope you can help, i recently bought all the stuff to do acrylic nails (for myself only)
can anyone give me any top tips on applying.....do i use a brush? (no instructions!!!!)
when i tried i found the brush just ended up going hard after my third nail, but also they seemed to 'lift' of my nail quite soon, i made sure they were clean and filed them a little bit first but still lifted

my plan is, is to practice with clear acrylic until long enough and then i have bought white and pink so any advis on those too would be fab

thanks in advance :rolleyes:

The only advice I can offer is to get some training. Even if you only plan on doing your own there is plenty you need to know, otherwise lifting is the least of the things you are at risk of! Overexposure leading to allergic reactions and bacterial infections are 2 others.

There's a reason us professionals spend both time and money on training. I apologise if that sounds harsh, but that's the only advice I'm prepared to offer (as a professional).

The only advice I can offer is to get some training. Even if you only plan on doing your own there is plenty you need to know, otherwise lifting is the least of the things you are at risk of! Overexposure leading to allergic reactions and bacterial infections are 2 others.

There's a reason us professionals spend both time and money on training. I apologise if that sounds harsh, but that's the only advice I'm prepared to offer (as a professional).

And very good advice it is too, Vetty.

Sorry m'dear but this site is really for professionals and we wouln't even attempt to teach the public (even if we could) how to do their own nails (even if THEY could) which they can't.

vetty is right, please dont diy your own nail enhancements, get some training and then you can do your own competently and not cause your nails any damage,
and you never know you may actually find yourself wanting to do nails full time, seems like you may have a little interest even if its doing your own nails, all nail professionals usually started out wanting to do their own.
Because we are a professional site and its mainly for students and qualified members its not right telling you where to buy or offer you help without you having had training, hope you understand.
Your welcome to have a really good look around to see what companies we have all trained with to give you an idea.
If your not interested in training then go to a reputable salon to get your nails done...trust me when ever i see diy nails ....done by untrained peeps...they dont look to hot at all.
good luck jo x

agree with all the posts hun....you have to get training before you can even attempt to do nail enhancements ....even on yourself....never mind anyone else....good luck x

hi everyone!!

hope you can help, i recently bought all the stuff to do acrylic nails (for myself only)
can anyone give me any top tips on applying.....do i use a brush? (no instructions!!!!)
when i tried i found the brush just ended up going hard after my third nail, but also they seemed to 'lift' of my nail quite soon, i made sure they were clean and filed them a little bit first but still lifted

my plan is, is to practice with clear acrylic until long enough and then i have bought white and pink so any advis on those too would be fab

thanks in advance :rolleyes:
Get some training if you dont want to do that,then please pay a professional to do your nails.Not 1 single geek will give you any advise except for what has already been said.Doing your own nails might look easy but believe me its not,it takes a whole lot more then going and buying a do-it-your-self-kit.if you do continue to use your little kit,the only thing that is going to happen is you are going to end up with all kinds of infections and totally ruined nails.....................disaster!!

Doing your OWN nails and doing them nicely so they stay put and don't lift, and grow up without a huge ridge and have a nice shape and in the case of pink and whites, a fab smile line, is a MASTER TASK for even a trained experienced tech. It's much easier to do someone else's lol! (I'm not suggesting you have a go at someone else's instead btw).

I'm simply stating a fact. If you've had your nails done and the tech has made it look easy (so easy, in fact, that you could reckon you could probably do it yourself) that it because she is a fab professional doing something really well. It may look easy. But it ain't. :hug:

I think, just the same as we all balls up with hair colourants or home waxing kits, and end up going to get the job done properly, most peeps who buy a diy nails kit finish up the same way. Or finding within themselves the passion that propels them forward into booking a training course and finding that a career in nails is just their cup of tea!!

hmmmm..... call me suspicious, but.........

If you genuinely are aiming only to do your own nails, then the peeps who have replied to you before me are right, get some proper training, nails are NOT easy and can cause significant damage if done wrong.

However, if as I suspect you are testing the ground to see if you can get some cheap "training" and try your hand at being a nail tech, I would urge you to think extremely carefully. Proper training is vital, and if you are going to charge for your services, you could really damage someones health, not to mention leave yourself wide open to get the pants sued off you.

I might be wrong, but in either case, GET SOME PROPER TRAINING!!!!!!:green:

Latest posts

Back