Help-acrylic nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannie123

Reaction score
I trained in acrylic extensions 3 years ago and have recently got back into doing them around 4 months ago. My problem is some people's can last 4 weeks whilst others can come off within days! What am I doing wrong!

TIA

It could be a number of things :)

If you can post 3 pics, one from above , one from the side and one down the barrel it will help immensely.

Also post your routine

It could be a number of things :)

If you can post 3 pics, one from above , one from the side and one down the barrel it will help immensely.

Also post your routine

I will get pictures tomorrow.

My process:
1. Spray hands and nails with cleansing spray
2. Push back cuticles and remove shine from the nail
3. Remove any dust with a nail brush
4. Size and stick on tips
5. Cut and shape tips
6. Apply primer to natural nail
7. Apply acrylic in zone 2, then 3 and finally 1 (is this important, I have noticed some nail technicians apply it in one go)
8. Filing and buffing the acrylic
9. Apply cuticle oil
I think that's everything :)

Do you not cleanse and dehydrate the nail hun? What system are you using?

Is it all different clients or the same few? Have yours ever come off? Is your prep thorough enough? Are you making sure you don't flood cuticle area and sidewalls with acrylic? Are you building a nice apex for strength?

One of my clients they lasted 4 weeks and then her next set that I did one came off within days. My own normally don't last very long because I mess far to much but then my most recent have been on for 3 weeks so I thought I had a break through! I have been told in the past to be rougher when removing the shine from the nail plate I'm not sure if this is right? Maybe I am flooding the cuticle and side wall I will post some pictures of one of my nails.

There's no need to be too rough, just thorough etch right down the cuticle area and into the sidewalls x

Latest posts

Back