Help, adding a nail salon to my hair & beauty salon!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enniluj

Reaction score
Hi there!

I am new here so if I am doing anything wrong, please don't hesitate to let me know! I am a 3rd generation hair salon owner (not the same salon) and want to add nail services to my hair salon because I think it can be a great addition and most of our clients would love to have this option.

I am looking to either a) hire nail technicians on a base salary + bonuses when they reach sales goals or b) have renters (as with the hairstylists). As nail professionals, what do you think is better?

As far as equipment goes, I am looking for creative solutions to avoid buying large spa chairs. I have read some very creative ideas on here and I was hoping someone could let me know what the basics are for providing nail services. As in what am I required to have for each station? And what is great to have for each station. If I buy an armchair for pedicures (placed on a pedestal of course), what can my professionals use in lieu of a sink for example? Do I have to provide a sink for this or are there any other options?

I have done some research, but I would love to hear from those of you who are professionals and do this day-to-day not just read in some governmental code regulation. You know more than what I can read from books!

Any tips & tricks or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!
E

Latest posts

Back