Help/Advise Needed on Stages of French Manicure Polish & Trade Test...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyliex88

Reaction score
Hi All,
Thanks for coming to help me!!
I have an interview at a beauty salon next week and when they called me to let me know, they said i would most likley have a trades test when i am there. Most people i have spoken to about this have said salons usually get you to do a dark colour nail paint or french manicure or both or waxing.
I am OK with my waxing, i think. But have a question about french manicure and the order the paint goes on, incase they ask me to do that!!

At college they taught us to apply base coat then white tip, then the pink or peachy neutral colour and finally the top coat however when i worked in a salon for a couple of months the lady there said to do base coat then neautral colour, then the white and the top coat.

So i am wandering which way i should do it if asked at my interview....do i put the white on first or the neutral colour???

Also any other tips for trade tests, if anyone has any?
Thanks again all.

Kylie x

If your like me and sometimes get a bit shakey I would base coat, then I do white first, this gives you time to use a clean small brush and remover to perfect the smile then go over with your choise of colour, if they want a bright white you can always go over the white again easily as you will have your guide, then top coat HTH

Firstly, its all a matter of a steady hand. So try not to be nervous.

I was trained to do base, white, colour, top coat, but if the client wanted brill. white you can do base colour, white and then top coat.

There are some brill threads on this site for french manicures tips, etc.

just type it into the search option at the top of the screen.

I'm sure you'll be fine, good luck.:)

I dont think theres a "right" way of doing it....just do it how you want and like to. As long as the end result looks good, Im not sure theyll mind :) However, I usually do - base coat, base colour, white, another layer of base colour then top coat. If somebody wanted really white, I would do two coats of white also. Hth xx

Thanks Guys!! I think i am probably best to do base, white tip and then colour and top coat to start off with then, as i am not that experienced it will give me the chance to neaten my smile line on the white tip before applying any colour!!

For me it depends on the neutral colour used. If the pink is on the darker side then I'd do the white tip after the pink. To keep the whie, white. But otherwise I'd do it the same as you, white tip then netral colour.

Latest posts

Back