help air bubbles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mirador

Reaction score
I have recently joined the site and have plucked up the courage to ask about air bubbles under the tip. I never got any whilst training, but most of my friends want white tips, no blending no practice. I do not get bubbles in white tips, but am finding them in tips which need blending, any solution which does not require tip to be removed? I am getting these on my trainer hand, not clients

Ah ... the nail trainer ... glad it's not on your clients ;)

The nails on the nail trainer are very flat compared to most natural nails and they also have NO give in them. Therefore it is a challenge to apply a tip with a nice c curve onto a flat nail bed with out getting bubbles ... because the tip, naturally wants to spring back into its original shape and then sucks some air underneath OR the fact that the plate is so flat leaves air gaps.

Soloution 1. Use great force and hold the tip in place without moving for at least 15 seconds.

Solution 2. Use a gap filling gel type adhesive like GelBond which will do all the work of filling those spaces for you.

Solution 3. Spray some adhesive accelerator on the nailbed and then apply the tip quickly and hold.

Some of the nails on the nail trainer are a little flat, but it is possible to apply a tip without air bubbles to all sizes.

Heres a little tip that will help:

On the flatter nails use a slightly larger tip and size down. When you bring the tip down to get that soft click, hold that front joint between free edge and wall of the well in place do not lift the tip away as you rock the tip back (do not see-saw the tip on the nail) Use medium pressure, but let the adhesive do the work at the back of the nail and you keep pressure to the front. Hold for 10-15 seconds. Nail trainer adhesive is best as there is no heat within the hand, which normally activates most nail tip adhesives.

Always use the Nail trainer glue as normal glue will not work properly due to the lack of human heat in the Nail trainer. It is possible to get tips onto the nail trainer without bubbles, and beleive me once you've cracked it on the Nail trainer, tips on natural nails will become very easy in comparison.

when i got air bubbles doing my training on the nail trainer i was given a little tip

(putting glue on the tip's well AND a dollop ON the edge of the NT hand's nail too? But when you press the two together, don't press too hard, else both glues will simply ooze out the sides, top and bottom.)

it worked for me,

Latest posts

Back