Help allergic reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello

I have had this problem too - started over 12 months ago whilst doing level 2 beauty but then suddenly got much worse when doing level 3 Holistics and at one point my hands were so blistery and swollen i had to have day off work (work in an office) as couldn't drive as couldn't hold the steering wheel! I had been to doctors many times and gone through the fungal, bacterial creams, strong antihistamines etc with no effect. I have had the patch tests done at the dermatologists and been told it is allergy to fragrance and perfumes in products - can be natural (essential oils) and / or synthetic so having to patch test myself on all products i planned to use when go mobile.

Dermatologist gave me some cream-impregnated bandages that i have to put on each night and that seems to be doing the trick at the moment and i have to go back in few weeks.

Hope you get it sorted soon as i know it can really get you down and on your mind all the time

Sharon x

Hi all just want to say thank you again for all ur replys it really helps.. Went to the dermatology and they gave me tablets to take for a month which have not helped then to go back to my doctor to get a allergy test done.. I got told that the nhs has stopped funding for this and i am unable to get it done.. Although the pain and swelling has gone down my nails are still messed up constantly breaking and around the cuticle and below the colour is still not normal,at the tips of my fingers they are peeling and exposing the skin which is painful when touching etc.. Im really fed up as my hands or fingers should i say look disgusting and still dont know what is causing the problem... This is effecting my income as when i do a client my hands flare up after even wearing gloves im just so confused.. Been since march and we are in September im just disappointed big time.

Totally of on a tangent but you dont have eczema or psoriasis do you? x I really feel for you hun i've not had anything like this with acrylics but i spilt resin onmyself once and had an itchy burney patch on my arm and it was hell!! I couldn't imagine that!! And sorry have just realised that is not technically correct lol but ykwim x

This sounds horrendous and I really hope you get it sorted, I know its not the same thing but i'm going to try and give you a silver lining...
My older brother who's in his 30's had really bad eczema as a child (he almost died from botulism through it) but it eventually cleared up until last year that it. For an unknown reason it just flared up worse then before, he couldnt sleep because it was so painful and it was all over his body. His skin was swollen, hard and red raw. He lost loads of weight and no matter how bad he got the hospital dermatology department wouldnt help when the creams they had given him didnt work anymore - i suppose they gave up. So he even started just sitting in the waiting room until someone saw him when he was too ill to work. Eventually they listened and he ended up having treatment where he had to go on a sunbed type thing starting for mere seconds a day, building up to a couple of minutes over weeks to allow his skin to get used to it and it really worked. Tablets didnt work for him and neither did creams, they just soaked in and he was applying full body almost every hour! I think a lot of it was down to the stress of hoping it would get better and just trying lots of different suggestions - he even cut alcohol in case it was wheat. We all thought it was an allergy, just like yours could be - I hope its really not - but the silver lining here is that it took a while and with some perseverance at the doctors/hospital it eventually has cleared up, to the point where he has got his life back to normal. I dont think many people understand what it is like unless you are in that situation (i mean medical not on here) and how debilitating a skin conditiont can be and frustrating. I'm not saying bombard the doctors or anything but please dont give up, its all about just finding the correct treatment for you. It might take a little time but you will get your hands and nails back!!! Hope this help xxx

so sorry to hear this, has anyone posted or documented pictures of this yet?

Latest posts

Back