Help and advice needed for opening a new massage studio

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karpino

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

We are new here, so thanks for the patience and advices. We plan to open a new massage studio and we would need some practical advices as we are new in this business.

Starting first with towels:
  • What type of towels would you recommend to be used?
  • How many towels and which sizes we would need for conducting one massage?
Massage Oils:
  • What type of massage oils are recommended to be used for most common types of massages?
  • On what basis/content should the oils be based on?
  • Any brands you would recommend?

Which massage qualification did you complete as this should have covered most of your questions?
If you use a wholesaler such as Ellisons, beauty express or other, you'll find a wide range of different quality towels. For massage you'll need the fluffiest!
These suppliers also stock different brands of oils so have a look at these and then research reviews on them to help you decide.

Don't forget your professional insurance- an absolute must before you take on any paying clients.

Which massage qualification did you complete as this should have covered most of your questions?
If you use a wholesaler such as Ellisons, beauty express or other, you'll find a wide range of different quality towels. For massage you'll need the fluffiest!
These suppliers also stock different brands of oils so have a look at these and then research reviews on them to help you decide.

Don't forget your professional insurance- an absolute must before you take on any paying clients.

Thanks CFBS! Much appreciated. We will not be working directly, my family is the owner/investor.
From your experience, do you know how many towels are needed for one massage and what is the size of those?

There really is no right answer on how many towels of any size are used for one massage. I've worked at spas where no towels were used during a massage, and ones where several were used. If you or your family have no experience in the industry, I would strongly suggest hiring a head therapist to develop and maintain these protocols.

As Tinker says above, it varies with different therapists, as to how many towels of what size they like to use. You will probably need thin and thick blankets too depending of the season.
If you are going to employ someone then I would wait until you have this person appointed and then you can involve them in the choice of equipment, towels and oils etc. This will make them feel part of the salon too.
All these things can be ordered within a couple of days so you can order quite late

I would recommend using 16×27 towels because they are specially designed for massage studios and spas. Everyday long lasting towels best for your needs.
Towels for massage studio

Latest posts

Back